Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: Lancome Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome

This is a horrible and overpriced brand. Even ten years ago when my face was in good condition and stable, I still had allergy to this product. Never never will use this product.
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you. Couple years ago, I used the blue toner as a mask, I can clearly feel the absorption but as the same time my heart started to pumping faster. Not sure what do they put in that toner.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
My general impression of Lancome products is that they are bottles of chemicals.
mariejj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:41 am      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
Lancome

This is a horrible and overpriced brand. Even ten years ago when my face was in good condition and stable, I still had allergy to this product. Never never will use this product.

Totally agree with you. I cant see any effect on it and luckily I didnt have any allergy after using it.
carinazhan
5% products discount

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Same here. I tried their skin care products several years ago. It did nothing. Even kiehl's is better than Lancôme and much cheaper.
oaijason
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:17 am      Reply with quote
lol. somehow i always feel it is not good for asian skin. tried pink toner before and nothing special.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I worked with Lancome and loved their products 20 years ago but so much has changed now I wouldn't use them any more.

The products used to melt into the skin, I don't know if anyone here remember NIOSOME+ NOCTOSOME and HYDRATIVE. OH, and that Gel Cleanser called CLARIFIANCE is out of this world! They were best in class from all of the French Department store brands.

Fast forward to PREMORDIALE (encapsulated Vitamin E), Hydrazen and later GENEFIQUE, these new generation of products have a lot more silicone and mica for that "instant" glow effect but ends up being less of a skin care products.

I never thought I would say this but Estee Lauder's Advanced night repair and Re-nutrix (the new light version) are far superior if you are looking for results from a department store line.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to mention, Clarins has improved A LOT in the last 20 years. I wouldn't use them back then but I do now. The double serum, Mutli active day and night (new verions) and the Eye Contour Cream (the original formula).

Clarins's cleanser and toner are very very good. Also has a toner with fruit acids that's gentle and pleasant to use called Gentle Exfoliator but you only use it 3-4 times a week.

To me, Clarins is a Down-to-earth department store brand that doesn't over-promise. A lot cheaper than Lancome too.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Lancome has a nice eye cream for sensitive skin or fragrance free whatever.
Nice, but not worth $60 at all, considering it does not do more than moisture.

I tried a bunch of their eye shadow and blush and they are ok, but drugstore brands seem better.

Lancome has some nice perfumes, but I have never liked them enough to buy any.

O de lancome and Tresor is nice.
I'll spray them at the store,but never tempted to buy them.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Lancome has a nice eye cream for sensitive skin or fragrance free whatever.
Nice, but not worth $60 at all, considering it does not do more than moisture.

I tried a bunch of their eye shadow and blush and they are ok, but drugstore brands seem better.

Lancome has some nice perfumes, but I have never liked them enough to buy any.

O de lancome and Tresor is nice.
I'll spray them at the store,but never tempted to buy them.

Ottawa-- we used to use O de Lancome to clean the counter top in the department store. Tresor was a good seller for Mothers' Day but no one really uses it any more.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:08 am      Reply with quote
arielstar08 wrote:
I worked with Lancome and loved their products 20 years ago but so much has changed now I wouldn't use them any more.

The products used to melt into the skin, I don't know if anyone here remember NIOSOME+ NOCTOSOME and HYDRATIVE. OH, and that Gel Cleanser called CLARIFIANCE is out of this world! They were best in class from all of the French Department store brands.

Fast forward to PREMORDIALE (encapsulated Vitamin E), Hydrazen and later GENEFIQUE, these new generation of products have a lot more silicone and mica for that "instant" glow effect but ends up being less of a skin care products.

I never thought I would say this but Estee Lauder's Advanced night repair and Re-nutrix (the new light version) are far superior if you are looking for results from a department store line.

I remember those lines quite well! Hydrative was my jam! hahaha... I was managing the Presriptives/Shiseido counter at Filenes and would do freelance makeup at the counter for Lancome when they were in French Bread or Gift - usually we had a well known makeup artist in who was booked out for the day and we would take the over flow...it was almost easier to sell the skincare than the color line...which reminds me...my favorite lipliner in the world.. fresco (perfect nude on my lips - not too brown or red - just perfect....wahh...to this day I have never found a dupe)... wish that was never discontinued and my favorite lipstick...Strawberry Dore... that color was so flattering on so many skintones... but I digress...haha... (and yes - Tresor flew off the shelves on Mother's Day - I think that was the number 1 fragrance in the entire department!) but I would never use Lancome skincare or makeup at this point...L'Oreal in the drug store is just too close to be paying that kind of money...I even switched lash primers from Lancome's to L'Oreals... Now I go with the less is more mentality and that seems to be working for my just-over-the-menopause-hump skin... gentle cleansers, serums/oils., and a natural moisturizer I buy from a boutique skin care store in the next town over from me. I really think my skin has improved so much by using quality, natural products.

xoMaria

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
oaijason wrote:
lol. somehow i always feel it is not good for asian skin. tried pink toner before and nothing special.

Hi, I would recommend you look at KANEBO SENSAI line and ULTIMA II for asian skins.

They have a great reputation in Asian countries.

Good luck.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
xyzabcd8 wrote:
Lancome

could not agree more, it seems to be just nice packaging and bad substance...
I find it more like cosmetic than real skin care
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Mariav! I feel we are best friends already!

Lancome still has the edge over L'oreal. Lanome's mascaras are superb ie DEFINICILS The concealer in small tubes, Effercern Long Tenue had real stay-on power. The Translucent face powder was beautiful on the skin. The eye shadows blend like nothing else....

We no longer has Prescriptive here in Australia. We used to send customers over to you guys for custom blend foundations!

xoxoxo
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I like Lancome products
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |