Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Biologique Recherche
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Mon May 30, 2016 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Biologique Recherche? I came across it over a year and a half ago; it's available only in spas. It is excellent, natural, without perfumes.

Other high lines in department stores, such as Lauder, Sisley etc, have either clogged my skin, done nothing or caused allergic cysts. Biologique Recherche isn't instantaneous but has excellent results - Their P50 tonic/Exfoliator is validly famous; and their masques and creams - also good. I supplement, since I'm a skincare addict, with Cellcosmet and Valmont.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2016 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Ph50 - nonphenol version - and it was just ok. Not worth the price. However all of the raves are about the original (phenol).

I got some samples of masks and creams - again, just so-so. Nothing that I used that really inspired me to buy.

I wanted to like it. I just didn't.

5% products discount

Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Erg- I understand your hesitation. The thing about it is that sensitive skin, in my view, is great in this line. As I said, I've tried the Big Names, such as Lauder, Sisley, Clarins etc and after about three days, the reaction of deep boils would emerge; these would disappear as soon as I stopped that cosmetic.

With Biologique Recherche, that type of reaction just doesn't happen. BUT, the good reactions, of unclogged pores, smooth skin, etc, don't happen overnight or in the sudden days of samples. With BR, it takes time, and you suddenly realize that - your skin is really great.

I am well over 60, with oily skin that readily clogs - but, that's part of the past with BR. Being a skin care addict, I admit to straying, and I also like some of Cellcosmet [dual action exfoliant], and some of Valmont [Dermostructuring Master III] and yes, some Toleriane from La Roche Posay.

But BR is, in my view, a long-term stabilizing and 'healthy' line; as I said, it's hard to explain and the results are not overnight or from a sample; the results can take months - but, those results remain.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 6:16 am      Reply with quote
just so so, not worth the price
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I want to order the P50V without Phenol. Does anyone know where is the best place to buy and does it ever go on discount?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Tue May 31, 2016 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Denisiel, in Toronto, you can get it at One2One Studio. In the USA, there are quite a few places, including Aida Bicaj in New York; I think they would ship it.
Also Sharon Giese in NY. Just google the name of Biologique Recherche.

The line does not produce instant results; of course, the masks will have a strong rapid result, but Im referring to deep healthy skin - and this can take a few months. I've used it for almost two years now, and I'm impressed by the health of my skin.

Since I'm a skin care addict, I do check out other lines, but my basic care is BR. I use the P50, the Masque Vernix, the crime dermopurifiante, which has eliminated clogged pores. And, masque crime bio fixine. I do NOT like the famous 'Masque Vivant'. And I use a few of the serums. So, one picks and chooses. But I'm genuinely impressed; it has cleared my skin without drying. I don't have much in the way of wrinkles but I honestly think that's genes and not cosmetics. I don't know.

I certainly like Cellcosmet's Dual Exfoliant, and Valmont's hydration and anti-age line..but for deep, healthy skin - I use BR.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
They sell it at eliteskincare.com but I have never purchased there.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2016 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Than you for your replies CatIndigo and Angelcat47.

CatIndigo - I will be 50 this year and have dry skin. My skin is pretty good with no clogged pored but still have some melasma and starting a bit of sagging. People always think I am in my 30s but a large part of that is genetic. Which BR products do you use?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Denisiel - I use the P50 and P50V. I have very oily skin and wash my face three times a day!!

For that, I use Ren gentle learning milk, and/or Toleriane foaming purifying cleanser. At night I also use Clarisonic!

I use, from BR, their Masque-Creme Vernix, which I use as a morning cream. In the afternoon, I'll often use their Creme Dermopurifiante. At night, I might use their Masque-Creme Biofixine. Once in a while, their VIP O2 mask. For sensitive yet oily, clogged skin, the key items, I think, are the P50. The Creme dermopurifiante and the Creme Vernix. Their serums - I can't say that I've noticed anything spectacular or even ..anything..from them. Other than one, Amniotique E, which is for hydration, which is good, but other lines are better.

CLay masks, in my view, are pretty much the same in any line - so, I'll use Yonka sensitive, or Fresh. I'm not going to spend a lot on those clay masks.
But- I use one or two masks every day! It's my wind-down time at night.

From Cellcosmet, I love their dual action exfoliation. I'm not so stunned by their two masks. And I like their Ultravital.

From Valmont, I like their Hydra 3 regenerating serum, and I think, with your dry skin, you'd love that as well. And/or their Polyfactor Repair Serum Factor III, which I've used so far only in samples. And their cream, Dermostructuring Master Factor III.
I've tried their clarifying mask - and - it seems very good.

I used to, years ago, use the Erno Laslo line, in their 'type 2, which is almost THE most oily. I'm past that now, but can't seem to find an oily but not that oily regime in their line anymore...so have switched to BR for cleanliness and health, and Valmont and Cellcosmet for aging treatments.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is great info! I was looking at Biologique because I heard great feedback from spa owners. It is nice to get feedback from people that have used the products because yeah, they are pricey!
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they are pricey but frankly, not as costly as Cellcosmet or Valmont. And I consider the BR line better than either of those admittedly good lines.

I don't use BR cleansers; I use La Roche Posay's Toleriane for sensitive skin with the Sensitive Clarisonic brush and Ren's creamy cleanser [ I cleanse twice]. Again, I have oily skin.

Then - either BR's P50V or P50. Then a masque in the evening; sometimes two masques. Yes, I DO use their famous Masque Vivant twice a week and I have to admit - it has its 'smooth' and healthy results. I'll also use a clay masque on other days [along with Cellcomsmet's Dual Exfoliant].And BR's VIPO2 masque on other days.

Creams - in the morning, Creme Masque Vernix and sometimes Creme Dermopurifiant. Evenings - Creme ADN Elastine Marine Collagene. And I use various serums:Placenta, Elastine Pur and Amnioteque E.

For dry skin - you need to get some suggestions from the salon. I think that Elite provides suggestions..and another site as well. I'll check out and get back.

But again- it's a very good line in my view; it's not instantaneous but is instead - deep and thorough and long lasting.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Ah- I found the site. However, as a new member, I apparently can't list it. My only suggestion is that you google the name of Biologique Recherche and find the site yourself. It sells it online, with actual advice on which products are best for you.

I get mine in Toronto from a spa.

Again, I strongly recommend it as a line. It restores or creates -it's hard to explain what it does - but it creates a healthy skin.
Maybe a better set of adjectives would be - a healthy, young looking, plump and good colour skin.
That's a lot to ask for from a cosmetic line, but, I think it does provide those results.

If you want makeup afterwards - I honestly don't need it with this line - but, the line 'sets the skin up' for great make-up.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting your daily routine! I will look into this line further. I believe you get what you pay for so if it works, than it's certainly worth the cost.
Gillianna

Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using BR lotion P50 for the past two years and it is one product I can't live without. I feel it has helped my skin with the ph level and moisture barrier. I have tried a few different formulas but like the original 1970 one the best. It is also the only product that got rid of acne for my daughter. I also use on and off the BR Lait U cleanser with my Clarisonic. More in the winter than summer months. It is a nice product but I rather oil cleanse at night so I usually use this in the morning now. I have received many samples with my two products and can't say anything impressed me enough to have me want to go out and buy them.
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the P50, both regular and P50V is an exceptional product.

I don't think that samples can show you the value of the Biologique Recherche line. It's not an 'immediate results' skin care system. It's a deep, thorough, transformation - and it takes a least a month or more to have this effect- and the effect remains.

I like their cleansers but they are expensive so I continue to use Ren creamy cleanser and La Roche Posay's Toleraine - with a Clarisonic.

Their Masque Creme Vernix is impressive; I use it as my regular morning cream. Again, it takes TIME for the results to appear and these results remain. Your daughter might find their Creme Dermopurifiante good for acne. I use quite a few of their serums - Placenta, Amniotique E, Elastine Pur - you can mix them up with each other.

And their masques - Masque Vivant and VIP02 in particular.

I've tried Valmont and Cellcosmet. I like Cellcosmet's Dual Exfoliant and their Teint - but it's expensive so I tend to just use La Roche Posay's BB tinted cream; I like Valmont's Clarifying Pack mask - but, I keep returning to Biologiqe Recherche and remaining with it. I like their ingredients, I like the fact that their creams and serums can work together and..of course, I like the results.

And frankly, it's an expensive line but not as expensive as either Valmont or Cellcosmet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:15 am      Reply with quote
I am on my second bottle of P50 original 1970 version.

I love the sting... but really really dislike the smell. It never really goes away because the next morning when Ishower, when the hot water runs on my hair line, I get that smell back straight away.

I don't use it if I know I might get lucky at night. I never use it during the day. To me, it's like bad breath.

I don't think I will repurchase. May be I will go with the newer version next time?

Actually, I don't really get results... may be I am using it only infrequently due to the above reason...
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Again, Biologique Recherche is not a line with instant results...that might vanish just as quickly. It's a line with deep and yes, long-term results.

If you don't like the odour of P50 original, then go with one of the other P50s. But these are not toners in the common cosmetic sense of the term; these are vital acid restorers for the skin's health.

And yes, I'd advise using a few of the line's other products; they work together.

You can get by, I think, with a different cleanser. I use Emma Hardie's Moringa and Ren's Evercalm cleanser. But that P50 is vital. I certainly recommend the BR Masque Vivant, weird as it is. And th VIP O2 masque. You can mix the BR masks with each other. Clay masks - they are a dime a dozen. The BR serums are excellent as well.

Again, it's not a line for instant cosmetic results; it's geared to long term skin health - and that health shows itself!

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Here is a good article on the various Lotion P50s:

https://beautyeditor.ca/2016/10/27/lotion-p50
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
CatIndigo wrote:
Again, Biologique Recherche is not a line with instant results...that might vanish just as quickly. It's a line with deep and yes, long-term results.

If you don't like the odour of P50 original, then go with one of the other P50s. But these are not toners in the common cosmetic sense of the term; these are vital acid restorers for the skin's health.

And yes, I'd advise using a few of the line's other products; they work together.

You can get by, I think, with a different cleanser. I use Emma Hardie's Moringa and Ren's Evercalm cleanser. But that P50 is vital. I certainly recommend the BR Masque Vivant, weird as it is. And th VIP O2 masque. You can mix the BR masks with each other. Clay masks - they are a dime a dozen. The BR serums are excellent as well.

Again, it's not a line for instant cosmetic results; it's geared to long term skin health - and that health shows itself!

Thanks for the advice, Catindigo. I will get the version without phenol for my next purchase.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |