Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do i need all these treatments?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
damselindistress
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

I recently visited a laser clinic in hopes of doing something for my dark circles. Ive been struggling with it for years and nothing has helped. My initial thought was that I would get some laser treatments.

When I got there the therapist did an assessment and advised that I would need the laser treatment and microneedling (something I haven't done before) and 2 weeks later I would need a fruit acid peel at 30% to start. So all in all each month would have one of each treatment and I would need 8 to 10 treatments in total

She did say that this would be for my whole face and not just my dark circles as my uneven skin tone will be corrected.

Im happy to hear that my uneven skin tone can be improved but my concern is the fruit acid peel. Im really scared that this is going to do more damage for my skin as currently im using a 5% lactic acid lotion which im still mixing with a moisturizer as im quite sensitive and trying to work my way up. Ive never had any peels done before.

Do I really need all these treatments for my skin concerns? Would doing Laser and microneedling every 2 weeks not work instead?

Thanks in advance for all the help
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:49 am      Reply with quote
How old are you? It sounds like the therapist is looking at your overall face and not just the dark circles, so it depends on you really and what you want. If its just for the dark circles, then you don’t need all those treatments. However if you are wanting a complete change and can afford these its worthwhile doing.

Did you tell her that you were using a 5% lotion? That’s really important to share with them as it can be too much too fast for your skin and if they didn’t take a note of what you were doing – they were being very sloppy in my opinion.
damselindistress
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Im 33. Although I did go in for dark circles after an assessment she did say the treatments would be for my face. She saw other areas on my face which were darker (chin and mouth area) and said she could assist with that.
I mentioned I have very sensitive skin and about the lactic acid. Her response was that its fruit acid not chemical based-so its milder so to say. Given that I don't know much about peels esp fruit acid peels I wasn't sure
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Well it depends on you and whether you trust this therapist but I for one, would not. If you go in with a specific complaint and get recommended a course for the whole body and not the area you are concerned over - then usually it is a scam at work.

You shouldn't be forced into doing anything you are not comfortable doing and if you are already using a 5% cream, you don't have need to do harsh exfoliative treatments - especially at 33 years. Hell you don't need that in your 40's.

I'd actually try going somewhere else for a 2nd opinion. Its worth doing for your own clarity ofm ind.
damselindistress wrote:
Im 33. Although I did go in for dark circles after an assessment she did say the treatments would be for my face. She saw other areas on my face which were darker (chin and mouth area) and said she could assist with that.
I mentioned I have very sensitive skin and about the lactic acid. Her response was that its fruit acid not chemical based-so its milder so to say. Given that I don't know much about peels esp fruit acid peels I wasn't sure
damselindistress
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much! Appreciate the help. Thats exactly what i thought but just doubted myself thinking shes the "professional"
damselindistress
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Would you mind if i bounce something off of you as well? You comment about age and peels got me thinking-at what age should someone start peels? Also, im thinking of adding in a retinol product to my routine twice a week-or should i wait a few more years? My main concerns are uneven skin tone-i dont have any major aging signs just yet
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
to me it's not really a question of age but when needed.

Re retin and retinoids - it's something you are better off working with a professional rather than self prescribing.

I have used retin A for almost 40 plus years and wouldn't be without it but I have worked with the same deem during that time (please god don't let him retire!)
damselindistress
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for your help, you've been so helpful Smile fingers crossed for you he doesn't retire lol
Aloever

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Most of the time business's will try to upsell you on the stuff you don't ask for but that doesn't mean that its useless.

It will help you but you will have to pay more. So I guess it depends on you.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |