Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Sunscreen for Oily, Sweaty Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Traveler59

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey EDS Forum,

I burn and freckle easily on the face.

I work outdoors. I wear a Sunday Afternoon Hat with a UPF 50+ and reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.

I've been using Supergoop SPF 40 (PA+++), but it's so thick and very uncomfortable to apply in the hot, sticky, steamy, and dry summer weather. Plus, the color makes my skin look like a shade of an unattractive ghost!

I have the oiliest skin and prone to acne. I need a strong sunscreen as I don't want any freckles.

I need a sunscreen that is oil-free, drying, sweat and water resistant, and an extremely matte finish. I need the texture to really sink in and not feel cakey. I would also like the sunscreen to blend in smoothly.

I have really loved MD Solar Sciences SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Creme, but am thinking that it doesn't sink in the skin enough since I'm constantly applying. I'd like the sunscreen not to feel like it's sliding off since I'm sweating so much in the blazing sun.

I also want to be careful with how many sunscreens I purchase (based on what you recommend) since I don't have a lot of money to spend on adequate products. I only want to spend my money on exceptional sunscreen protection.

I really need a sunscreen that is mattifying, drying, and contains no oil. I usually go for tinted sunscreen, but am open to a clear gel like texture.

* The Elta MD Clear SPF 46 breaks me out and really balls and clumps up on my skin.

I'm working on narrowing down my choices.

Thanks for your help!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
SUNPLAY Skinaqua
UV SUPER MOISTURE GEL
spf 50+
I have the 80g small size.
For face and body

Goes on completely undetected as a sunscreen. Does not smell like a sunscreen product.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Traveler59 wrote:
Hey EDS Forum,

I burn and freckle easily on the face.

I work outdoors. I wear a Sunday Afternoon Hat with a UPF 50+ and reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.

I've been using Supergoop SPF 40 (PA+++), but it's so thick and very uncomfortable to apply in the hot, sticky, steamy, and dry summer weather. Plus, the color makes my skin look like a shade of an unattractive ghost!

I have the oiliest skin and prone to acne. I need a strong sunscreen as I don't want any freckles.

I need a sunscreen that is oil-free, drying, sweat and water resistant, and an extremely matte finish. I need the texture to really sink in and not feel cakey. I would also like the sunscreen to blend in smoothly.

I have really loved MD Solar Sciences SPF 30 Tinted Mineral Creme, but am thinking that it doesn't sink in the skin enough since I'm constantly applying. I'd like the sunscreen not to feel like it's sliding off since I'm sweating so much in the blazing sun.

I also want to be careful with how many sunscreens I purchase (based on what you recommend) since I don't have a lot of money to spend on adequate products. I only want to spend my money on exceptional sunscreen protection.

I really need a sunscreen that is mattifying, drying, and contains no oil. I usually go for tinted sunscreen, but am open to a clear gel like texture.

* The Elta MD Clear SPF 46 breaks me out and really balls and clumps up on my skin.

I'm working on narrowing down my choices.

Thanks for your help!

for your eyes and body, I recomend sunglasses and UV protection clothing, in fact when the UV index is so high, I apply sunscreen on face then I wear a hat then can cover my face and head.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Try Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 sunscreen on your face. This works well and perfect for daily use under makeup.
Angelcat47
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2018 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am oily as well and really like Biore Aqua Watery Gel SPF 50. I also like a similar product by Nivea,a gel as well in a pump bottle with the same SPF but I don't recall the actual name. I bought both on Amazon.
MaryYee

Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you not to apply sunscreen too much as it can harm your skin. Every sunscreen contains chemicals and therefore applying it too much can be dangerous. Wear sunglasses and scarf for protection against the UV rays and the dust. And a little sunscreen, that's it.

Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel is the best to use for oily skin.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |