Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin care diet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EmilyKristina
5% products discount

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:46 am      Reply with quote
How to eat healthy for skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I don't think there is a set in stone skincare diet for us - as we are all different genetics, lifestyles, diets etc so its a matter of finding out what nutrients you are lacking and then attempting to get them from foods or other sources. By far, going for foods would be the first choice but not everyone is able to absorb nutrients from what they eat with ease.
EmilyKristina wrote:
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I guess a good starting place would be to read Dr Perricone and go on from there.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 am      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
I guess a good starting place would be to read Dr Perricone and go on from there.

i agree, I have tried the berry powder and I feel it is a healthy boost
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Eat lots of healthy fats (such as in avocados, olive oil, fish), bitter greens (e.g. arugula),and
polyphenols (strawberry, blackberry, green tea,dark chocolate, flax). These are what everyone agrees on. Also do not eat a lot of sugar.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
EmilyKristina wrote:

keep hydrated, drink lots of water
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:39 am      Reply with quote
sharky2 wrote:
Eat lots of healthy fats (such as in avocados, olive oil, fish), bitter greens (e.g. arugula),and
polyphenols (strawberry, blackberry, green tea,dark chocolate, flax). These are what everyone agrees on. Also do not eat a lot of sugar.

This is sound advice. Also avoid excessive alcohol and coffee/caffeine as it can dry out your skin.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 am      Reply with quote
sharky2 wrote:

Plus White Tea - support your elastin.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Deborah An
5% products discount

Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Here are two articles I saved

I get a message I cant post a link.
But search for 2 articles from Seline River Press

One is called, Ironing the wrinkles out and the other Help my body is getting flabby.

Myself I hold on to a sort of Weston Price diet I include eggs, bone broth made from chicken feet (collagen), raw milk, cod liver oil
I take 5 gram scorbic acid a day
Also natto is very good as it contains K2 and is essential for bone health
flawlessduck

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Drinking 8 glasses of water would definitely help. Keep your skin moisturize is important too. Ensure to clean up before you go to bed.
harne123

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Form my point of view, eating salads, green vegetables and drink lots of water for a healthy skin.
nainaseth
5% products discount

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I find that the best skin diet is one that involves eating vegetables of different colors for every meal and a green juice every day. And yes, water is the key. Hydrate yourself with at least 2 litres of the water every day.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to all for their valuable suggestions here about skin diet..
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Eating Walnuts and food rich in Omega-3 fatty acids would definitely beneficial for better skin.
ericnikki1
5% products discount

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the everyone suggestions regarding the Skincare diet. To make your body hydrated is the best.

Green vegetables, fruits, healthy fats are also important. Just need to cut a bit of sugar from daily life. Very Happy
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Tue May 01, 2018 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
GLAD! This is amazing when people talk about eating foods for skin care instead of buying another cosmetic product. So, yes, Foods do help in skin care, I guess by skin care the main goal for most of us is to prevent our skin from getting old and wrinkled.

So, here is something that I guess can help you with the skin care. Check out some amazing foods here: https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/anti-aging-foods/
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2018 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Whilst I think diet has some benefits, I question the proposed benefits that it can actually have. Sure it has a place, but I’m not sure a person can really reshape or remodel their skin through diet alone. Can they help – perhaps but the jury is very much out on them. Whislt I know a few derms like Perricone and others recommend particular diets, and supplements – I think it is somewhat misleading to think it alone can and will change things. It also takes time to deliver results too.
stephenlopez wrote:
GLAD! This is amazing when people talk about eating foods for skin care instead of buying another cosmetic product. So, yes, Foods do help in skin care, I guess by skin care the main goal for most of us is to prevent our skin from getting old and wrinkled.

So, here is something that I guess can help you with the skin care. Check out some amazing foods here: https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/anti-aging-foods/
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2018 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I think again it is the key, it may help in the prevention but once the damage is done it is hard to completely reverse.
But if it can be done, I would love to see the before and afters.

5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2018 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I understand your points, you both are correct. Yes, even I agree that a diet solely can't be effective for anti aging if the damage is already done. But, it is surely going to be effective for someone who is already in their 20s. A diet can surely help to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.

Also, if the damage is already done, they can still provide supplementary help along with other anti-aging treatments. I believe in the touch of nature and certainly anti aging foods always prove my point!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2018 1:27 am      Reply with quote
stephenlopez wrote:
But, it is surely going to be effective for someone who is already in their 20s. A diet can surely help to prevent the appearance of wrinkles.

No I’m not so sure that someone in their 20’s through diet alone won’t get wrinkles. You see wrinkles are in essence tissue damage and usually caused through bad habits like repeated frowning done over the course of time. So to say a 20 year old on a good diet won’t get wrinkles is misleading and inaccurate on all levels – because its not true at all in any shape or form.

stephenlopez wrote:
Also, if the damage is already done, they can still provide supplementary help along with other anti-aging treatments. I believe in the touch of nature and certainly anti aging foods always prove my point!

Whilst I understand natural is sometimes better its not always the case that what is natural is good for the body. In fact I think the term is somewhat misleading as even when its applied to cosmetics and skincare products it doesn’t guarantee something is 100% natural – in fact there can be as little as 60% natural in some cases. So it really depends on the damage done. For example, when I hit 50 and lost weight, no amount of skin topicals would ever change my situations – but I went to facial exercises and they worked. They were natural in that they weren’t external chemicals adding to my body (not that I have a problem with that as I have used retin A for over 40 years now).
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well, you really made me think about my beliefs. I guess you are right, eating isn't the only solution. We need to focus on overall health to look younger than we actually are. I mean fit people look younger.

Well, yes i quite cracked it. Exercise along with all the nutrition rich right foods, this is exactly what a person needs to look younger. This means that if the damage isn't done yet and the person is still healthy, they can eat right and exercise and plan for a long term health. Yes this is the key to anti-aging.

https://danielpatrik.pressbooks.com/chapter/11-tips-for-men-who-want-to-look-ageless/ I read this and all they are talking about is some rules to live a good life and I guess this is what I need to do to look young while I grow old.
ericnikki1
5% products discount

Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi stephenlopez

You always shared interesting articles. Again I read the whole one Wink. These would help me in future as well.

Thanks again !! Keep sharing..

Cheers

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2018 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Well it certainly cannot hurt.
But I also know genetics play a huge part too!
I have a 99 year old Aunt who swears by a high ball every night and smokes, outlived 3 hubbies haha. She doesn't use any of the new skin care topicals, plain old soap, water and oil of olay. She could pass for a 75 year old any day! She loves life and lives it, drives and plays bridge every day.
Mental health can play a part too it seems.
I also know a wonderful dad who was a health fanatic, ate well, ran, didn't smoke or drink and died at 40 the day after a marathon with no re-diagnosed or genetic health issues. We were in shock.
My own FIL never drank, hated alcohol but the occasional glass of wine and that was rare. He hiked, ran, played racketball, ate extremely healthy and worked out every day. Died of liver cancer at 72, out of the blue and within 2 months.
I say live your life and don't overthink it, but that is the therapist in me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2018 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Also try to cut down on carbs. Good for your face and your waist. So pasta, bread, potatoes (switch to sweet potato and n.b. baking them increases their GI content). Not only is cutting back on these carbs great for anti-aging long term but there is so much evidence out there that long term consumption of these carb heavy foods are a contributing factor to Alzheimers, diabetes, and heart disease. Check out blogger Max Lugavere https://www.maxlugavere.com/

Supplements such as liposomal vitamin c, glutathione (I like cellgevity), R-Lipoic acid, mitochondria boosters (MitoQ, NADH+, PQQ), heliocare, white tea, cocoa capsules (I like cocoavia) and a carotenoid blend are great anti-aging supplements. Plus they just make you look so healthy.

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2018 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use DHEA? Just had it recommend to me so I am going to give it a try.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |