Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Supporting and optimising facial exercise like Ageless &
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
snookydoops
5% products discount

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Deb Crowley suggests supplements are essential for any faceworker and provides a list of suggested supplements but doesn't give amounts.

Does anyone know?

I'm 49 and just turned vegan so supplement omegas, marine collagen with hyaluronic, and Biosil. Would love to get some ideas of what's made a big difference to people.

Thanks
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Both Deb and Carole Maggio were the first I noticed to write about diet and supplements and I find it interesting that a lot of the other experts don’t seem to follow that. Loulou for example doesn’t advocate them and I’m not sure if she is for or against them. Likewise Eva Fraser and Carolyn Cleaves don’t. Part of me is still skeptical that we need to take something other than foods and I'm not 100% keen on that idea but they have their reasons.

I'm actually a little weary of it when they prescribe amounts because to me - its highly possible to overdoze on these things. The dosages I think need to come from proper professionals of a trained standard. I know its been explained to me at one point by a trainer that I needed to eat more protein and the excuses given to me were that I was tearing down muscle and if my body didn’t have sufficient protein it couldn’t repair but I’ve also seen it argued that even if protein isn’t present that the body can and does repair anyhow so I’m really skeptical about it. CM even one time suggested on the forum at FlexEffect that a person should see results no matter what their diet and I’m inclined to agree with her on that.

snookydoops wrote:
Hi

Deb Crowley suggests supplements are essential for any faceworker and provides a list of suggested supplements but doesn't give amounts.

Does anyone know?

I'm 49 and just turned vegan so supplement omegas, marine collagen with hyaluronic, and Biosil. Would love to get some ideas of what's made a big difference to people.

Thanks
snookydoops
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks TM. It's one of those areas that could quite easily become stomping ground for charlatans but I do believe in supplementation in for specific requirements at certain times. My mood has lifted since taking on some of the nutritional guidance provided by Patrick Holford and I'm inclined to believe that if we are aggressively tearing / building our face, then extra supplements can help and in most cases we would excrete the excess. I've read that there are some vitamins (vitamin A for example) that can be dangerous when not combined in the right ratios with other supplements, so I do agree with you that an expert ought to be prescribing holistically - but I would have through that Deb might know roughly what the 'prescription' might be. I may get in touch with the supplement company that I get my axon are from and see what they say. Of course they have a vested interest in this... Smile
snookydoops
5% products discount

Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:08 am      Reply with quote
snookydoops wrote:
Thanks TM. It's one of those areas that could quite easily become stomping ground for charlatans but I do believe in supplementation in for specific requirements at certain times. My mood has lifted since taking on some of the nutritional guidance provided by Patrick Holford and I'm inclined to believe that if we are aggressively tearing / building our face, then extra supplements can help and in most cases we would excrete the excess. I've read that there are some vitamins (vitamin A for example) that can be dangerous when not combined in the right ratios with other supplements, so I do agree with you that an expert ought to be prescribing holistically - but I would have through that Deb might know roughly what the 'prescription' might be. I may get in touch with the supplement company that I get my skincare from from and see what they say. Of course they have a vested interest in this... Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Sure I think supplementation can be great but I think its better done by qualified professionals rather than just a one size fits all - as it really doesn't work in my opinion. I see that they've answered you on the forum there. However I am still inclined to not follow the suggested plan. From memory the recommendations for RDA came about from studies done in the 1940s (but I've asked for confirmation of that).
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, 😎
I agree with Theresa Mary, if you set a lot of store by supplements, you'll get the best results from a professional. I know 100% what I'm doing with my programme but I don't really do nutrition 😐, Deb Crowley looks great on her regimen: I do fish oil, beta carotene and maybe a basic chain store multivitamin when I remember. I honestly think that training makes more difference than anything to how your skin/face looks, but for general health, nutrition must be important. But ask someone who knows!

Ll 😊

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Snookydoops!

When it comes to Vitamins, I consider Vit C an absolute essential for healthy skin. This is one vit the body cannot make on its own. Please take a little time and read the following link.

I personally take 2gm x 3 a day (6gm a day). Have for years.. Everyone has their OWN TOLERANCE. If you're taking too much for you, you'll get the runs Crying or Very sad

Vit C is water-soluble and Totally NON TOXIC. Please take the time to read-up on it... Your skin will so benefit from it.

BTW Vit C is now being used to fight some cancers!

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/skin-health/vitamin-C

Tootles Deb Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Any thoughts on adding stuff like spirulina and chlorella to your diet?

Does that benefit skin health?

Thanks,
Mansi
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |