Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Anyone has heard of Bone facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Duh just realised you were talking about facial exercises vs bone exercises rather than bone exercise vs bone exercises. Got my wires crossed.

You can use any oil, olive oil seems to work great for some people, others like to mix their oils. Its worth trying and seeing how your face responds!
TheresaMary wrote:
Where do they claim that - I've not seen such claim, but doubt they could do this. The bone stuff seems to prevent bone loss, which is something that happens as we age (and the good old menopause can do havoc with bones for sure), but like most things I think you don't see this when your young, its when your in your 60's that this really hits home..

Loved to know where you saw that claim though - as I'll definitely read up on it!
decent wrote:
Yes, I've been watching it over and over again, catski... Bad Grin I wonder if it can really lift the face and make the lower face sharp like what facial exercise program users claim...
decent
5% products discount

Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Hope this works for me too and gives me lasting results. But I am still considering taking a facial exercise program sooner I hope.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone clear up my confusion about the Tanaka massage? Are you guys following the YouTube video 1 and 2 where Tanaka is doing it on the model? What is the #3 where she does it on herself? Is that the full program or just an example of how you do on yourself? Sorry if this is obvious. I get confused easily.
TheresaCats
5% products discount

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I think they're talking about where the model does it herself rather than Tanaka doing it herself, which is at the end of the demo in video 3. I think 1 and 2 show Tanaka doing it on model but 3 is model on her own
mommydearest wrote:
Can someone clear up my confusion about the Tanaka massage? Are you guys following the YouTube video 1 and 2 where Tanaka is doing it on the model? What is the #3 where she does it on herself? Is that the full program or just an example of how you do on yourself? Sorry if this is obvious. I get confused easily.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I actually just figured it out and just in case anyone else is confused - the model starts the self massage on #2. She finishes it up on #3.
ElaineB

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:01 am      Reply with quote
[quote="moonstone"]
sigma wrote:
Moonstone,

Faceworks exercises do look very interesting. Did you purchase the DVD or a book? I could not find it on their website.

You can either buy the DVD or subscribe its membership which allows you to watch the exercises online.

Thank you for the link Moonstone. Just thought I would dip in to clarify on age-related bone loss with a couple of points. Obviously I will not comment on my Faceworks program, but here to help Smile
Bone de-mineralisation due to age is well documented by dentists. The facial bones and jaw shrink as we get older.
Since bone is living tissue, the replacement and repair is driven by need. If the bone is needed, i.e. under the mechanical stress of exercise - it will remain strong. If it isn't used the body will break down the bone for use elsewhere: the size and shape of the bone changes because it isn't being repaired normally.
Exercise stimulates bone formation wherever the exercise occurs. So a good face exercise program with the right amount of 'load' on the muscles should give enough mechanical stress to prevent bone de-mineralisation.
The key really is that the exercises shouldn't be so aggressive that they strengthen muscles at the expense of the skin. Some programs are too harsh and can stretch skin. Whichever face exercise program you use, check qualifications. Check that what they're qualified in is relevant to what they're doing.. Contact them directly too: your skin is worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Elaine

Do you have thoughts on the FlexEffect program - I'm curious to know what your take is about their stuff for bone remodeling.

Do you consider that to be too aggressive? I think the author looks great for her age, but do at times think she started younger so maybe she has good results because of that (I started in my 50's). So am curious to know what your take is on that one?

Tessie
ElaineB wrote:
Thank you for the link Moonstone. Just thought I would dip in to clarify on age-related bone loss with a couple of points. Obviously I will not comment on my Faceworks program, but here to help Smile
Bone de-mineralisation due to age is well documented by dentists. The facial bones and jaw shrink as we get older.
Since bone is living tissue, the replacement and repair is driven by need. If the bone is needed, i.e. under the mechanical stress of exercise - it will remain strong. If it isn't used the body will break down the bone for use elsewhere: the size and shape of the bone changes because it isn't being repaired normally.
Exercise stimulates bone formation wherever the exercise occurs. So a good face exercise program with the right amount of 'load' on the muscles should give enough mechanical stress to prevent bone de-mineralisation.
The key really is that the exercises shouldn't be so aggressive that they strengthen muscles at the expense of the skin. Some programs are too harsh and can stretch skin. Whichever face exercise program you use, check qualifications. Check that what they're qualified in is relevant to what they're doing.. Contact them directly too: your skin is worth it.
ElaineB

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:20 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Elaine

Do you have thoughts on the FlexEffect program - I'm curious to know what your take is about their stuff for bone remodeling.

Do you consider that to be too aggressive? I think the author looks great for her age, but do at times think she started younger so maybe she has good results because of that (I started in my 50's). So am curious to know what your take is on that one?

Tessie
ElaineB wrote:

Hi Tessie!

I know of FlexEffect but I haven't studied it. It wouldn't be right for me to comment on the author or her program - one of those ethical grey areas I'm afraid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Oh okay. Could you share what "qualifications" people should look for. I mean with facial exercise programs - I didn't know that there was qualifications out there so curious to know what would be good standards to look for.
ElaineB

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:44 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Oh okay. Could you share what "qualifications" people should look for. I mean with facial exercise programs - I didn't know that there was qualifications out there so curious to know what would be good standards to look for.

Yes of course Face exercises are new in terms of an actual 'therapy': there are no actual face exercise qualifications at present. Really you want to know if a person is an expert in the science of muscles and how they move. Otherwise, how do they know what they're doing? So you look for Anatomy and Physiology first. That's a biggie! Other qualifications like Facial Therapy, Exercise generally (like sports exercise, etc.), Kinesiology, Chiropractic, Beauty Therapy.

In the UK, therapists HAVE to do Anatomy and physiology in order to practice, often nutrition too.
Exams should be run by recognised Organisations like ITEC (Embody).

It's a route I decided against - I wanted to teach people and not be endlessly involved with running courses, exams and the admin that would go with it. : Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I find this a bit confusing. One minute you say we should look for people qualified, but then the next you say you aren't.

ElaineB wrote:
It's a route I decided against - I wanted to teach people and not be endlessly involved with running courses, exams and the admin that would go with it. : Smile
ElaineB

Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:56 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I find this a bit confusing. One minute you say we should look for people qualified, but then the next you say you aren't.

ElaineB wrote:

Yes, I am qualified in Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology, Nutrition, Face Massage, Facial Therapy and Reiki I, II and Master. I decided against writing exams and courses for other people to take.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Ah okay that makes more sense. I thought you meant you didn't have them.
ElaineB wrote:
Yes, I am qualified in Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology, Nutrition, Face Massage, Facial Therapy and Reiki I, II and Master. I decided against writing exams and courses for other people to take.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |