Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin clinic RUINED my face! (Lactic Peel & Pixel RF)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
misshepburn01

Fri May 30, 2014 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I signed up for a 3 month membership at 'ClearSkinCare Clinic', you get one treatment of your choice plus + peel and light treatment once per month.

Everything was going great until the therapist I had went on leave. I got stuck with the manager working on my skin. She did 'Pixel RF' (radiofrequency) on my face for acne scarring (but she used the machine ALL over my face for sun damage etc) and also the following 2 weeks after a lactic acid peel (40%) in which she burnt my face!!

It has been 3 weeks since the peel and 5 since the radio frequency. I still have 'grid-like marks' from the Pixel Rf on various places of my face, suddenly I have these blue/purple spider veins on my cheeks which were never there before, deep pitted scarring on my chin! Not to mention the burn/erosion area on my lower right cheek. I have been to the doctor three times about this already, also went on anti biotics for infection.

Also my face has just started to sag like it has
lost its elasticity/volume. I look 10 years older and feel so ugly. I was using copper-peptides which I have stopped (I heard can cause sagging). The clinic said Pixel RF (by alma lasers) cannot cause volume loss etc. That there are no major side effects. I can't wash my face or put ANYTHING on it because it burns and itches immediately and its' sooo uncomfortable and sensitive! STILL after 3 weeks And this was meant to be a superficial peel. I am positive she did not rinse it off properly and also left it on too long anyway!!

I have had so much time off work because I am an emotional wreck. I can't sleep at night, I wake up in the night and my heart is racing and I am thinking about all the damage to my face. I can't look in the mirror without crying. My skin was really not that bad before this. I did get some moderate acne and have some scarring on my chin (not pitted, just discolored). Atleast my face was firm and plump (as if the burn wasn't enough trauma)! Also I hear spider veins are permanent once you get them. I am hoping the firmness will return as my skin is very thin at the moment...so hopefully it's just temporary and not permanent damage!

Advice is much appreciated please xo

(it won't let me post photos from photobucket:(!!!)
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
there is a forum for this...

http://iplandlaserdamagesupport.prophpbb.com/

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Already tried but it seems to be in active and still dont have approval yet...
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:38 am      Reply with quote
misshepburn01 wrote:
Already tried but it seems to be in active and still dont have approval yet...

what is it? the website? it is active yeah.. maybe you just joined need time for them approve etc... i log into mine easily...

meanwhile you can read other posts which may help you in searching for your answer

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to join that site too a while ago but is not working anymore i think, fractionated laser ruined the skin on my left upper eyelids, it melted so much volume on that eyelid.
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
https://www.google.com.sg/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=lVuRU9eaGIbSrQfCooHICg&gws_rd=ssl#q=ipldamage

click the first one ipl and laser damage...

one of the thing i read they used is psoriagold if i get the spelling right..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi misshepburn01

Okay there’s a couple of things here. Firstly go back to the Clinic and relay your concerns. They have a duty in that if they did something to you that you dislike you have every right to complain. Also if your usual therapist you have had is back its worth also speaking with them too.

Did you choose the radiofrequency or was it her? Also why the Lactic Acid Peel so soon there after? Lactic peels do have that effect, but you are still very early days into it so you are far from the end results of the peel. If you think of it skin cycles take 6-8 weeks (depending on your age), so at only 3 weeks in you are not even half way through yet seeing any positive results.

It sounds like you have caught an infection (especially if your doctor has given you antibiotics) but did they give you any after care instructions? I don’t recall it should be so sensitive and uncomfortable after 3 weeks, but haven’t done lactic peels before and opted for enzymes etc which have always been fine and work well for my skin.

Now you say about sag and losing elasticity and volume, well I’m curious as to if that’s because its starting to repair from the peel and damage done?

Tessie
susie_wong

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies,

I had a similar experience and all I say is my skin is turning different colors. I had an IPL laser done in a series of 3. I had a lot of hyperpigmentation because I had gone on birth control, it made my face very blotchy and people used to say it look like polka dots. So after the last procedure, I noticed my skin was very burned. For about 3 weeks after the burn marks got darker, so not only did I have a lot of hyperpigmentation, I had dark blotches all over as well. I waited about 2 months (which was the recommended time), and got a free Fraxel procedure done at the same location I get my facials. The machine rep was there, and told me she would do it for free. I believe the level was 30, or something like that. She said that was not too high. After the procedure, very blotchy skin, and it was very dry. I am heartbroken. I wish I go back in time and just live with what I had. It has been about 3 months now, and am curious to know if anyone has tried anything that has worked. I got on the lasersupport forum, and have spoken to some ladies who have used psoria gold. Salome_B, did you ever end up using it? I went on their website and not sure which one to use. Also does anyone know whether it's wise to do a microdermabrasion to remove the blotchiness?

Here's what I gather from the forum on what people are using for laser damage:
1. hyperbaric oxygen
2. retin a
3. topical steroids
4. honey
5. emu oil
6. psoria gold
7. accutane (???)
8. microdermabrasion
9. chemical peel

I'm confused as to what route to take now. Does anyone have any exprience with the above?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Susie-wong i am very sorry about your bad experience, i had a bad experience with laser in one of my eyelids.
It took me 8 months for it to recover, is not perfect yet but the skin there has improved a lot.
What i do is using an eye cream that suposedly fills volumen called hyaluron volumen filler morning and night, at night i apply rosehip oil 30 minutes after applying the other cream.
I take msm, magnesium, vit d3, multivitamins, collagen and vit c supplements every day.
And do flex effect and the flex effect massage.

All of this seem to have almost fix the laser damage after 8 months, i did not even go outside the house for 2 months after te laser as it looked so bad, now anyone notice.

Hope this help
Salome_B
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
susie_wong wrote:
Ladies,

I had a similar experience and all I say is my skin is turning different colors. I had an IPL laser done in a series of 3. I had a lot of hyperpigmentation because I had gone on birth control, it made my face very blotchy and people used to say it look like polka dots. So after the last procedure, I noticed my skin was very burned. For about 3 weeks after the burn marks got darker, so not only did I have a lot of hyperpigmentation, I had dark blotches all over as well. I waited about 2 months (which was the recommended time), and got a free Fraxel procedure done at the same location I get my facials. The machine rep was there, and told me she would do it for free. I believe the level was 30, or something like that. She said that was not too high. After the procedure, very blotchy skin, and it was very dry. I am heartbroken. I wish I go back in time and just live with what I had. It has been about 3 months now, and am curious to know if anyone has tried anything that has worked. I got on the lasersupport forum, and have spoken to some ladies who have used psoria gold. Salome_B, did you ever end up using it? I went on their website and not sure which one to use. Also does anyone know whether it's wise to do a microdermabrasion to remove the blotchiness?

Here's what I gather from the forum on what people are using for laser damage:
1. hyperbaric oxygen
2. retin a
3. topical steroids
4. honey
5. emu oil
6. psoria gold
7. accutane (???)
8. microdermabrasion
9. chemical peel

I'm confused as to what route to take now. Does anyone have any exprience with the above?

psoriagold? no. not tried but you could email psoriagold and ask them to recommend a product..

Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I will try the psoria gold and vitamins and let everyone know how things go. I feel like my face has fallen, and I haven't seen myself in a picture that I have liked. Feeling sad and sorry myself, but seeing some glimmer of hope in some of your replies gives me new perspective. I also heard black current oil supplements are good because they have an anti-inflammatory quality. Thank you again for the words of encouragement. I'll let everyone know how things go.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Very sorry to hear about your experience. It certainly is all in the hands of the clinic and training. I have had many many IPLS and every one by someone different with very different results.
I had a burn with a Fraxel at too high of a setting. Left me with stretched skin from the swelling and a loss of volume 10 years later.
Minor peels, once the skin healed, injectibles and time is all I could do. I still have wrinkles and orange peel texture in that area.
Working on my needling helps and good products.
Don't over work the skin now, let it heal and then see what you have.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Can't you sue and go to someone who can fix it?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |