Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Best hair oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lookingyoung

Wed May 25, 2011 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I was using a mixture of jojoba and argan which I liked as it got rid of the frizz. It has been out of stock recently so I tried my argan with cactus seed oil and I found that it is very moisturising and non greasy. It is not the same as cactus oil. This is from the seeds of the cactus fruit. The only downside is that it is more expensive and I need it for my face.I do recommend the argan with jojoba as that also worked. If you put it on the night before you wash your hair and leave it in, you hair feels fantastic the next day. It also nourishes your follicles. I also tried Moroccan oil as my hairdresser recommended it, but it is as expensive as the cactus seed oil and full of unnesesary chemicals.
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Consider using 100% pure argan oil as an overnight hair mask. My hair is wavy/curly and super dry, and a treatment of this actually makes the texture feel different.

I also prefer argan (I use SheaTerraOrganics and Josie Maran) as a leave-in.

Coconut oil is just a little too greasy, even on my skin.

HTH
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2011 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered argan oil and avocado oil and hopefully taht combination will give me better hair! I'll come back with updates later on.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone
cheapbedding

Sun May 29, 2011 3:56 am      Reply with quote
best human wig from China bestqualitywig

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
I've been really trying to look after my hair lately!! I am very lucky, my hair is pretty good considering all its put through I highlight every 5 weeks, straighten it with hot irons the works!!

I am really trying to grow it abit longer at the moment is just past shoulder length. I have noticed a very slight hair fall too, not much but I don't want it to get any worse either. I bought some argan oil and have been using that as a sort of leave in conditioner, after normal washing and conditioning. It smells really nice and my hair feels soft. I would like it to grow abit faster (there's my impatient side coming through again)

I was thinking of trying CP's, Folligen for Blondes to stop the hair fall. I did try taking mSM but my tummy just can't cope with supplements.

I also like to do a warm olive oil treamtment and leave it in overnight, just don;t think this is doing anything for the growth side of things. Can anyone recommend something for good growth please? thanks

I tried CP's Folligen for Blondes. Be aware that if you have highlights, this product turns them into noticeably GREEN-ish color. I had to give it up and give to my mother-in-law. It didn't do anything special for her.

If you wish to grow hear fast and strong (and thicker) I would recommend the combination of the following:
1) Nioxin as a shampoo, conditioner (treatment) and follicle stimulating leave-in conditioner plus
2) take oral supplements of BIOTIN (at least 3,000 mcg up to 5,000 mcg per day)

I tried that and have been very satisfied with the results. The hair grew very fast and even my hair became thicker and stronger. My 67 y.o. mother-in-law has had visibly thinning areas for years and just the Nioxin alone (without the supplements) is working pretty good too (she doesn't have a very think hair yet, but her thinning areas do not attract attention anymore)
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
As far as the oils. I really like BioSilk leave-in treatment. The smell is awesome and it doesn't have very oily feel.
crystal1234

Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hey oasisjc,

I can understand your problem, because I also suffered from this cause. Then I used the combination of a few oils which is very healthy for our hairs and it gives me very good result.

So I am going to share my tips with you.

So you only need to combine this jojoba oil, coconut oil, caster oil,almond oil and olive oil in the same ratio and heat it for a few seconds. After that you can apply this oil on your scalp and lightly massage your head for a few minutes.

This is very effective formula for hair growth.

You should use this twice a week.

Hope it help you.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I am still a fan of desert essence jojoba oil, no scent and not heavy on the hair.

Also, the phyto hair oils and masks are very nice too, but a bit too scented for my liking.

For salon stuff, I really like the scent of Moroccanoil brand.

I tried the salon brand Macadamia and did not like the scent of their products as much.

Aveda hair pommade in the blue jar smells really nice too.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I am still a fan of desert essence jojoba oil, no scent and not heavy on the hair.

Also, the phyto hair oils and masks are very nice too, but a bit too scented for my liking.

For salon stuff, I really like the scent of Moroccanoil brand.

I tried the salon brand Macadamia and did not like the scent of their products as much.

Aveda hair pommade in the blue jar smells really nice too.

If you want a clar hair gloss Sebastian Cellophanes in clear is great.
I buy it from a salon, so not really sure I would want to buy it on ebay or amazon.
I usually only buy salon products from a actual salon or trade secret or chatters-always worried about fakes on ebay.
nainaseth
5% products discount

Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Argan oil as recommended by my stylist once. It is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, as well as being loaded with antioxidants, linoleic acid, and omega-6 fatty acids. When applied externally, it can help boost cell production which results in healthier skin and hair – that’s why you may have noticed that among the list of ingredients in high-end beauty products, Argan oil is often included.
Dana_D
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'd go with coconut oil, it works wonders and smells incredible. I recommend it but keep in mind that the fragrance is noticeable (for better or for worse, depending on your taste).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I've heard a few people recommend broccoli seed oil recommended and have heard that its an oil used by Cheryl Cole who has beautiful hair (although I understand its extensions but still nonetheless it is some work!).
LightenNlift wrote:
I have found Broccoli Seed Oil to be the best for hair, however, I only use it for humid days. I use straight up 100% aloe vera gel from CVS as my hair gel/conditioner after I shower and shampoo and it dries clear, has a great natural looking hold.
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 am      Reply with quote
There is no one suits all really, all hair are different. Shea butter not bad, abyssinian oil, but any oil need to be applied on to wet hair , as oils are drying.
robert.brown98765
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:25 am      Reply with quote
if your intentions is to grow hair and increase the volume then there are very few better natural hair products than castor oil. It not only helps in regrowth of the hair but it also aids in strengthening your hair. There are different ways in which you can use this. Firstly you can make a castor oil and eggs mix. there are also other ways like mixing castor oil with hot coconut hair oil. While the smell of the castor oil or the stickiness can act as a deterrent but if done properly it can give spectacular results. If you have a healthy diet with sufficient vitamins through vitamin tablets or naturally then your hair can grow long as well as be very strong. Try this and you will be thanking e in 3 months time.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Rosemary Essential Oil is also good for hairs and is very beneficial for enhancing hair growth.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:28 am      Reply with quote
This has got me curious.
Is there any proof as to what Rosemary oil does for the hair? I mean I used it myself but have had limited results and it got me thinking.
I know its often suggested as an old wives tale about being good for hair but any proof it actually does something does any one know?
emmaackermann wrote:
Rosemary Essential Oil is also good for hairs and is very beneficial for enhancing hair growth.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agree 100% about the coconut oil! I take a tiny pea size amount & rub it between my hands. Then I just run it through my ends & then brush it through. It takes away any fly away ends, gives a healthy shine & doesn't make my hair greasy as long as I don't overdo it. It's amazing on elbows & knees too!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of Matrix hair products but I really like their Egyptian Hibiscus Color Caring Oil, a blend of olive oil and hibiscus oil. I find it helps to retain hair color longer and keeps it vibrant. I use it at night on dry hair. For styling and heat protection I like Biosilk Silk therapy better than other hair oils I've tried.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
The best hair oil to use on hair for meOlive Oil is the Macadamia oil.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is very thick and dry, so I see so many suggestions L, I also intend to try. Recently my hair is dry and falling out. I changed a lot of shampoo, still no effect, I also have to protect my hair.
PatKyle
5% products discount

Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Coconut oil: Best for all hair types
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |