Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How to naturally lighten skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
lawgurl wrote:

MR,
computer screens emit rays that can darken skin?
please tell me this isn't true!!

Please research this, it has come up on a few threads in the past and the science just says no they don't emit anything strong enough to be harmful to your skin. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:10 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:
i use kojic acid and lactic acid 88%. i make my own skin lightner lotion that i use on BODY only...
Can you pls share the recipe?

I heard licorice root is a good skin lightener, and azaleic acid.

Quote:
I use yogurt it works good for me...
Could you elaborate? Type of yogurt? Application method and time?

Quote:
I have read somewhere that taking MSM on a regular basis lightens the skin!
I think I saw a pic of someone who did this. But it made her look like an albino, not just lighter but almost pure white. She's a Black woman, so it didn't work with her facial features.

Quote:
Lemon juice works for me. I mean drinking, not applying directly on face.
Drinking the juice lightens your skin?
evescafe
5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:19 am      Reply with quote
Use natural yogurt not flavored.. Take some yogurt and apply it softly in your face using fingers.. Leave it for 10 to 15 Mins to dry.. Then wash with warm water..

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I found this article since Ammoniasmith got me thinking about kojic acid converting to hydroquinone.
Based on futurederm article, kojic acid works in a different manner than hydroquinone and does not mention that kojic acid is converted to it (hydroquinone) Please see link
https://www.futurederm.com/what-are-the-best-treatments-for-hyperpigmentation/

My own theory based on my experience tanning. I noticed that it takes forever to get back to my original skin tone after a vacation at the beach. For my body (not face) i expedite the process of un-tanning (new word), by using liquid cleanser with high concentration of Vit C (l-ascorbic acid) and moisturizer with same as well. It expedites the process of un-tanning.
For my face, I use serum CE feluric.
I heard from some ppl that the Phyto from skinceuticals with kojic acid really helps, but I haven't tried it yet.
This is not 100% related to skin lightening per se but it's the same -melaning overproduction
Cool
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:44 am      Reply with quote
donaldjerry wrote:
I had warm beige skin, but I lived in hot climate for a while and didn't protect my skin from the sun well. It's more of a caramel now. I would like to get my skin back to its original color because there is no way I'm getting all new makeup and stuff. Plus, my culture values a lighter complexion (please don't take offense to that)

what some great ways to lighten skin naturally?

Any product suggestions that you have tried and have worked?

Thanks.

hi,
1. pls use sunscreen and sun protection
2. use some high potency vitamin c serum or products, such as dr sebagh
pailinnwithwings

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:49 am      Reply with quote
The following ingredients are really good!

Niacinamide

Retinoids

Vit C

Vit B
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
I have read somewhere that taking MSM on a regular basis lightens the skin!

what is MSM?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Also for lemon pack, do I have to use 100% lemon juice or do I have to mix with other ingredient?? Is it safe to use 100% lemon juice on my face directly?
nainaseth
5% products discount

Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I have always been a sucker for home remedies before putting on any chemical on my face.. I have a little wheatish tone skin which tends to dull after constant exposure to the sun.
So I tried this remedy and its working fine for me. Honey helps bleach skin while also acting as a moisturizing agent. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven skin tone. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help fade age spots and acne scars.
Dana_D
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely lemon juice, I +1 that! After using it for a while you'll definitely notice changes. I wouldn't go with anything "unnatural" as it might be very bad for your skin. You can dilute the juice with a bit of water if you find it's too harsh for your skin. Have fun!
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Use sunscrean regularly and lemon at night, it will really helps you to lighten your skin tone..
nikoloilassy

Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I am a busy mom with a lot of in-house duties other than my day job. I faced high pigmentation on my face and also had major sun burns while playing with my kids outside recently. Hydrabelle was the one and only solution that worked on them perfectly. My face is clear again after using it.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Rub plain yogurt onto your face for a few minutes but be careful from sun rays. are the good natural way to lighten your skin. You can also apply Skin lightening products on your face to lighten the skin like Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening Serum etc.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Google alpha arbutin. Lots of clinical research demonstrate that it works! Lotion Crafters sells it as a pure powder that you can mix with your moisturizer.
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
When it comes to skin brightening, I honestly trust natural face masks more than anything. I mean they are easy to make at home and even the risk of skin reactions is low when you use them. One of my favorite ingredients for skin brightening is yogurt and if you want to try something you can check this: https://zovon.com/home-remedies/skin-care/7-effective-skin-brightening-lightening-solutions/

Why this? Well, because Google suggests some very amazing things sometimes.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Vit. C serum lightens my skin.
jewipipil
5% products discount

Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:10 am      Reply with quote
To lighten skin tone I usually apply natural remedies and avoid chemicals. On healthtippshub you will find great tips to lighten the skin tone naturally.
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:22 am      Reply with quote
I also use yogurt it is very good for skin and big thing is it is natural.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Just because something is natural doesn't mean its necessarily better or going to help with concerns. I hear natural remedies reported all the time and there is some credit to them when they do but a lot of the time they don't. For exmaple, lemon juice would lighten the skin somewhat because its acidic and has brightening abilities but it also has an unusual frangrance and it might actually sting the hell out of someone if they used it neat, and it would actually be more likely to do harm (because I've heard it suggested that it makes the skin more photogenic in the sense that the suns rays can do more harm).
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Glutathione injections work though who knows if they are safe over the long term. They also help with hangovers (but better not to overindulge in the first place). I wouldn't do vitamin C injections; even oral vitamin C supplements are known to raise the risk of certain diseases. Topical vitamin C is great for skin & safe.

Topical N-acetyl glucosamine also works; I made my own serum (water, NAG and glycerine), but since I can only get it as a supplement with fillers I had to let the fillers settle out and decant & retain the top portion. It might work orally also, and it is probably a safe supplement. Glucosamine is definitely a safe supplement (in fact at the recommended dose, it's been shown to reduce all-cause mortality) but I have not noticed any skin lightening.
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey cd33,

Thanks for your info it is very informative and helpful.
cd33
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:46 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome.

I should probably add that there are oral supplements that some people take to try to boost glutathione levels. There are glutathione supplements, but this is controversial since most experts say that the glutathione will be broken down in the gut and not directly absorbed. OTOH, you will have all the building blocks needed to make glutathione. Another method is N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) supplements, often paired with high doses of vitamin C; NAC is a building block of glutathione. I'm not sure if it is all that safe to artificially raise glutathione levels over the long-term. Some people experience a lot of health benefits (not just skin lightening); I don't know if it is at the expense of other aspects of health.

Here's an interesting bit on vitamin C and glutathione from NutritionFacts for some perspective:
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/enhanced-athletic-recovery-without-undermining-adaptation/
ellaskincarejourney

Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Try Lactic Acid peels.

I made them myself, it takes about a week to peel but my skin always came out clearer and perfect looking afterwards.

I also use a basic brightening lotion with Vitamin C. It has helped but has not necessarily made me lighter per se.

I am looking into Glutathione usage to start this lightening my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |