Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Microcurrent routine questions...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:29 am      Reply with quote
First off, I could have sworn there was a thread dedicated to microcurrent in general but I couldn't find it so apologies for that.

I have a home microcurrent device (myotone) that I've recently dug out of hiding. I ran across a thread from Christine about her tips for lifting the jowls and eyes. Obviously, she is using a professional wand unit. I noticed that she uses strategic placements and holds the wands in place for up to 20 seconds at a time. The at home models have you doing way more placements for shorter times (4 seconds for the Myotone). The myotone for example if you include the "advanced" placements has you doing multiple sets of 13 different placements or glides. I realize the home units are no where near as powerful. I'm wondering if I'd be better served to do less placements and glides for longer periods of time? It almost seems like the at home units have you hit every single inch of your face in hopes that you'll hit a sweet spot eventually? I don't mind taking the time to do the routine that came with the device but I'd rather do less placements for a longer period of time (20 seconds?) if that's more effective.

Also, I'd like to find a cheap serum I can use for conduction that I can just leave on my skin when I'm done if anyone has any suggestions? Cheap because I seem to use a LOT of conductive gel.

TIA!
Lorraine
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wasn’t there a long thread on the Pico Toner microcurrent a few years back? I’m not finding it when I search.

That thread had lotsa discussion on microcurrent science and results.
havana8

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Here's the big Pico thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=48456

Other Pico threads can be found with Google by typing in the following string:

pico toner -redirect site:essentialdayspa.com/forum
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use Spectra 360 Electrode Gel - Parker Laboratories. Cheap and salt free. I buy it on Amazon.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
Mellcooktwo
5% products discount

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use a myolyft 7e at home. After downloading various manufacturer manuals, in addition to the myolyft, watching numerous you tube videos, I ended up purchasing a couple of esth. training books and some at home video DVD training.

A Take away from all the reading was - it depends on a couple of things: which type of microcurrent stroke you are using, location on face, more 'padding' vs. thin area, age-older skin needs more energy input and will take longer to respond, equipment you are using.

I think from a CACI you tube video I learned the goal is to allow the alternating current time to cycle between the two probes.

With all the different info, I still had to translate that into something practical, right? So, Assuming the probes are in the correct placement and we are referring to the standard 'technique' most manufacturers manuals describe (The 'educate' or 'gliding golgi' stroke) a general recommendation would be if yonger skin (<45) seems to be about 10 to 12 sec hold, repeat the move twice, or 3 times depending on move. If >45 20-24 sec. Repeat move 2, or 3 times

I also watched a couple of Jane Mann you tube videos and she says the most important thing is to just start and even if it is just 5 min a day make sure and put some microcurrent on your face. The energy in your cells will build up over time and your muscles will remember and the hold will last longer.

For me, if I am in the 'microcurrent groove' doing it 3-4 times a week, I might just do a quick go over and focus on a few areas 5-10 min tops and then on the weekend I will break out the book or watch a video and do a complete 40-45 min routine and hold everything 10-12 sec and repeat. If I have not done it in a while I might start with a full hour review. I find microcurrent very relaxing and de-stressing for me.

Disclaimer- I am not a esth., just someone interested in microcurrent who likes to research stuff. What I wrote above is what I have learned works for me and might not work for you.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mell,

if you don't mind me asking, can you please recommend some books and where you can buy them?
I am also not a professional, tried to find books that would explain how to use microcurrents on the face, but no luck.
I am also interested in types of microcurrent impulses for different purposes as well as placement of electrodes.

Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |