Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Microcurrent and facial fat loss?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
KTkat999
5% products discount

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

Has anyone ever noticed a loss of facial fat from using Tua trend or Nuface?

The subcutaneous fat in my face has suddenly and drastically reduced, so that I now look gaunt and my skin is suddenly crepey and hanging and horrible! I recently stopped some medication I've been on for 20 years, so it's possible it could be down to this, but I'm just wondering whether it could possibly be the microcurrent?! In which case I will stop the Nuface immediately!

Does anyone have any experience with losing facial fat after microcurrent use?

Thanks

Katie
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Personally, no. Supposedly it stimulates muscle and collagen production and although everyone is different; I haven't really even heard of anyone having fat loss issues with microcurrent.. I have heard it occasionally with laser and RF. For me it's pretty subtle over time but it does tone and lift a bit.

The problems you mention are signs of aging but if you've experienced it suddenly and drastically I would consider everything that you've done differently lately, including the micro current,the medication you stopped taking and anything else.
A change in hormone levels sometimes has this affect.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:55 am      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear this...
I have been using Nuface for years now and no strange effects.
This sounds like something that can happen with RF devices if they are too strong.
If you are only using micro-currents, perhaps it is worth checking whether your devices are malfunctioning, by checking current they produce?

I would also advise checking that medication in detail, if that had impact on your facial fat loss, chances are you are not the first person experiencing it.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies.

Tigerlily - yes I will look into the hormone thing. That could be a possibility. I'm glad to hear that fat loss isn't heard of in microcurrent.

Maggie - I was actually using the Tua trend last year, which is when I experienced the sudden and extreme fat loss. But I guess that's a low current like the Nuface? Although it causes contractions so maybe not?... I've looked into the medication but it's not that common a brand so not much online about it. I do know it made my boobs bigger (it's not the contraceptive pill) so concluded that maybe it could pad out my face too. So coming off it may have had an effect on that. But I'm glad no one else has experienced this with microcurrent.

Thanks again for your help

Katie
KTkat999
5% products discount

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, thanks so much for your replies.

Tigerlily - yes I will look into the hormone thing. That could be a possibility. I'm glad to hear that fat loss isn't heard of in microcurrent.

Maggie - I was actually using the Tua trend last year, which is when I experienced the sudden and extreme fat loss. But I guess that's a low current like the Nuface? Although it causes contractions so maybe not?... I've looked into the medication but it's not that common a brand so not much online about it. I do know it made my boobs bigger (it's not the contraceptive pill) so concluded that maybe it could pad out my face too. So coming off it may have had an effect on that. But I'm glad no one else has experienced this with microcurrent.

Thanks again for your help

Katie
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was always worried about this myself, but I have had half a dozen professional microcurrents over the last couple years and I don't think it caused fat loss. \I have experienced a little less fat in my face over the last few years but I think it is from losing a little weight overall, stress and natural aging.

What I will say is I definitely noticed that I could *not* do two professional micocurrent sessions in one month...while the first gave me a glow and a bit of tone, the second just 2 weeks later made me look haggard and tired. I recovered from it but it took almost 10 days. I think less is more.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. Yes that makes sense. I think I actually look better in my lower face now that I've stopped. The fat has still gone, but that may be from other causes
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I think your fat loss is from the Tua Trend and not microcurrent. I experienced fat loss from the Tua Viso, my face looked too thin after awhile. I was hoping for a lift in the jowls but I didn't care for the overall look from the Tua Viso so needless to say I quit using it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:05 am      Reply with quote
You know Im curious as to if this is like facial exercises in that they say you need to change your diet to ensure you eat protein etc to avoid fat loss.
It would make sense as MC is working the muscles and so they need protein to recuperate don't they.
I seem to remember someone at flexeffect saying that if protein wasn't eaten then facial fat could be used instead in response to someone posting one time (think it was peaprincess). Not sure if that ever worked or not but it seems to fit what is beign said here.
brierrose wrote:
I think your fat loss is from the Tua Trend and not microcurrent. I experienced fat loss from the Tua Viso, my face looked too thin after awhile. I was hoping for a lift in the jowls but I didn't care for the overall look from the Tua Viso so needless to say I quit using it.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Brierrose, I thought that the Tua trend was microcurrent?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
yes your right it is microcurrent, I should have said the fat loss was probably from the Tua Trend and not the Nuface. I haven't used the Nuface but I think they work differently. I don't think the Nuface contracts the muscles like the Tua Trend or Tua Viso does.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
You know Im curious as to if this is like facial exercises in that they say you need to change your diet to ensure you eat protein etc to avoid fat loss.
It would make sense as MC is working the muscles and so they need protein to recuperate don't they.
I seem to remember someone at flexeffect saying that if protein wasn't eaten then facial fat could be used instead in response to someone posting one time (think it was peaprincess). Not sure if that ever worked or not but it seems to fit what is beign said here.
brierrose wrote:

That's a good point to make sure you're getting adequate protein. I'm not sure if it would have made a huge difference though since I feel I eat enough protein. I could have been working the muscles too much though and maybe should have taken a slower approach initially.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
It's weird - I had fat loss last year after using the Tua trend (and also stopping medication - that's what confused me). But this year I used the Nuface and have had the same dramatic reduction in facial volume after 2 months of use. So if seems for me the Nuface was affecting me...

Brierrose, how long do you reckon it took for your face to go back to normal? I haven't used the device now for 3 weeks...
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember exactly because it was a few years ago but I would say about a month.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your help. Well, fingers crossed...
KTkat999
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I think I've got the answer. I had s treatment called thermage and I think that's what caused the fat loss. There's terrible reports of that all over the Internet. I feel so upset that I did it! Anyway, just thought I'd let you know.

Katie
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Yes! Has a horrible rep for that- I'm so sorry you have to deal with that but I'm glad you might have some relief in knowing the cause. Smile
KTkat999
5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I'm so upset - it's aged me 10 years! And I guess facial fat never comes back?...
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry for what you're dealing with KTKatt! Hopefully it's just temporary. I would think it would come back in time because these treatments aren"t permanent and you need to go back for touch ups after awhile.
KTkat999
5% products discount

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. Actually I think, after researching that, once fat cells are destroyed they don't come back, so the change is permanent! I'm so upset about it. I guess maybe I should look into facial exercise. Could this build volume on my lower cheeks and around my jaw?
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |