Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
skin looks worse after 1st microneedling treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mariposalinda

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I posted a while back about chemical peel damage and how I was using cosmetic acupuncture to heal. (It's a different technique than microneedling, but still CIT.)

I decided to try microneedling because the cosmetic acupuncture takes much longer. I went for my first microneedling treatment with a derm for my forehead. She mostly used 1mm needle although stared with a 1.25mm needle.

Prior to my appointment with her, I stopped the cosmetic acupuncture for a month, but continued to use microcurrent on my forehead. The lines shrunk significantly, but did not go away

A couple days after the session, my skin looked noticeably worse. I wasn't too worried, as I assumed it was natural; the skin was inflamed, swollen, etc. (It also was not as bad as it was when it was originally damaged.)

Three weeks later and my skin has improved, but is not back to where it was pre-needling and it appears that there is some very, very slight new damage.

Is this normal? I saw the doctor and she indicated that she did not think it was worse, even though my acupuncturist, who sees my face 3x a week, agreed with me.

I don't think I could be suffering from glycation, as my non fasting glucose levels have been normal. My forehead is a bit lax due to the damage, so it is possible that the doctor pulled on it when she was performing the procedure and injured it. (Or the vibration from the SkinPen pulled on my skin.)

I am just not sure what to do. If this is normal, I'll wait a few weeks and use a .5mm needle.

Can anyone advise? Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mariposalinda.

Challenging to determine without more info. Your personal health will determine the healing rate. For myself, I don't expect to notice results for at least 3 months and even longer before I might feel thicker skin. I've done DIY rolls for 9 years using 1.5 and 2.0 mm 4 - 6 times/year with a dermaroller. Initially, my skin becomes lax from the inflammation. I do an invasive roll on a Friday night and can go to work by Monday. No one notices, but I am slightly inflamed for about a week. After that, I am back to normal. I live a fairly healthy and active lifestyle which supports circulation and healing. If your Dr. say's that you are healing appropriately, that is probably an accurate observation. Hopefully, the DR has good reviews. When I began, there were no Dr's or places to go to get DR. It's my fave skin care practice.

I just wrote an article about my daily skin care routine and it includes photos. I rely on facial exercise, dermarolling and nutritious products to keep my facial skin and muscles healthy.

http://www.skinremodelingdiy.com/blog/http/wwwskinremodelingdiycom/2016/10/17/therambobarbieruggedroutineforskincare

In the meantime, be gentle and nutritive towards your skin as it fully recovers.

HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
Deborah An
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Last october I did a dermapen treatment. First I was red and after two days I peeled. THE first 4 weeks I looked good. Then suddenly my face was lax. I had firm cheecks and all of a sudden I had all those lines (microwrinkles)from mouth corner to eyes. Before when I smiled iT was firm and now my skin was pumby. And THE worst I was more gaunt.
I went searching on real self and found woman with all bad results on dermapen/skinpen.
Some are really really bad I Will link them for you. I was so afraid and depressed. And my face was so lax! As if THE firmess was gone.

I contacted another beautician of mine. She told me she dont like those harsh treatments. She Saïd you have to be Well nourished before and after if there is no nourishment iT Will overcroping. She Saïd also not to worry. That iT would heal. To be honoust, I was in a period of emotional stress when I did THE treatment. I always eat healthy.

But looking at THE reviews at realself I stayed very stressed, and THE strange and lax feel of my skin.

I would definitely stop THE treatment if I were you. My forehead was also lax and dry and more lines.

I Googled a lot. I was also doing a face exercise program. There is a holistic therapist and I read about THE health benefits of NIR infrared. I went Reading on reviews on amazon and so much positive reviews from joint pain to skin problems.So at THE beginning of januari I use THE rubylux single lamp on my face. And since then I made improvement and gave me positive energy again.
Deborah An
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I am dutch so my english is not perfect sorry.

I Copied Some links but I see that I am not allowed..

Search on Google: realself/ dermapen / skinpen / ruined skin
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Deborah, has your skin healed now? It has been 4 months, so I was wondering if you are seeing improvements now.

I have noticed negatives from microneedling as well that have extended long after the sessions, but then I feel overall my skin eventually returns to where it was before. I have generally good tone and texture, and I think that is some genetics but also deep (1-2mm) microneedling sessions 2-3 times a year for the last 2-3 years. Side note: I am thinking about moving to shallow microneedling, just .5mm since reading some research about minimal approaches being as or close to as effective as deeper.

I think overall the treatment improves the skin in the majority of people. There are a lot or people who have done it for years on this board from what I understand. I saw the posts on realself as well a while back and was wondering how many of them were commenting during the "healing stages" and how many ultimately ended up happy. Also, you never know what else is going on during those times for those individuals, other treatments, stress, diet, etc. Any time you really challenge the skin, you have to nurture it for a while. For me personally, I take twice as long healing I think, so I do everything way less than most: Facial exercises only twice a week even though I am almost 39 and microneedling only every few months at most. I also cannot do microcurrent treatments more than 1x a month at most or my skin gets lax, tired and definitely worse off. Just too much challenge for it I guess.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Deborah An
5% products discount

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Well Jen,
It become better, but when I smile I still have those lines in my cheeck..

All those side effect are with electric microneedling devices and not the ones you roll by hand.

I think if that's a healing fase, which I think is not, because there is such a negeative effect, it is totally not worth it!
And some I've read didnt had much improvement even after a year. One woman even did a fat transfer because her whole fac collapsed.
I never do this again!

https://www.realself.com/review/bexley-dermatology-damaged-skin-microneedling#

This happened to my cheeck too..
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I dare not try. I'm afraid it will hurt me. I prefer facial massage or effective cosmetics. Haha, I'm a coward.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |