Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-aging Foundation?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tigresse

Fri May 05, 2017 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Hey all Smile

I am looking for foundation recommendations - I really need something which will either be anti-aging (or generally improve the skin) and moisturising. I've found that a lot of foundations are beginning to look a little chalky on my skin (I'm late 20's) so I think I'm in need of a change.

I'd like one with medium coverage too if possible.

Thanks!
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2017 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Revlon Anti-aging is one you could check out. I use this in my rotation - it is the one that has DNA on the bottle.

Lancôme also has some you might like - I had a sample of Renergie Lift and like that. I am using Estee Lauder Futurist but they have discontinued that so once that is out I might go with the Lancôme although the EL Perfectionist foundation has good reviews.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2017 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm in my mid 30s, and I think La Mer liquid foundation (the new one launched in 2016) which goes smooth and light on my combination to dry skin. Coverage not very high, but it works well with cle de Peau Concealor. Another one I would recommend is Valmont's e'lixir line teint foundation, which leaves you a Matt finish with velvety texture. Comparing the two, Valmont is much more expensive and must be consumed within 3 months. Therefore I would go for La Mer out of these 2. Hope this help.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 17, 2017 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
2nd La Mer liquid foundation. i loved it but i eventually wandered off into the world of mineral makeup. currently using Emani and pleased, very light and doesn't clog pores and sits well on my moisturizer.
ozelynn

Thu May 18, 2017 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
If you are looking chalky, maybe the base colour
on your foundation is wrong, you need to know if you are a warm or cool colour.
I am warm , so I use a foundation that has a yellow base, if you are cool, a pink base.
As for foundations, so many look at, try youtube Wayne Goss tutorials, he has so many videos, and very helpful hints, about brands, etc
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Try the I'm Fabulous bio liquid foundations. Its velvety, hydrating, and natural with a satin finish. Gives great coverage without a heavy makeup look. Super natural looking. Smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.I get it here https://imfabulouscosmetics.com/collections/makeup/products/organic-liquid-foundation
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Thu May 25, 2017 1:09 am      Reply with quote
PREVAGE anti aging foundation with sunscreen is a dual protection with decent result
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2017 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Do you mean chalky or flaky?
If skin is dry, perhaps a bit of exfoliation? Also, buy a primer and put it after a moistener.
With this, you likely won't need a new foundation Wink

If still looking, for dry skin, I would recommend NARS Sheer Glow (is buildable) and Clarins True Radiance.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Best antiaging foundation?
Don't wear any.

The French make foundations for the overseas markets. They may use a touch of tinted moisturiser at the most.

Antiaging comes from anti-oxidant serums and sunscreens.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:04 am      Reply with quote
A great base is the key to every makeup look. Here the anti-aging foundations work starts that make the skin appear more youthful. I prefer Estée Lauder which is also my all time favorite foundation and it works great on my face.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
emmaackermann wrote:
A great base is the key to every makeup look. Here the anti-aging foundations work starts that make the skin appear more youthful. I prefer Estée Lauder which is also my all time favorite foundation and it works great on my face.

Which Ester Lauder foundation do you use? They have quite a few.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2018 12:11 am      Reply with quote
PREVAGE anti-aging foundations with formulas that act like a magic eraser for fine lines and wrinkles.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2018 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Heliocare spf 50 compact

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2018 10:19 am      Reply with quote
NostalgicGirl wrote:
PREVAGE anti aging foundation with sunscreen is a dual protection with decent result

Please do not rely on makeup (foundation) for sun protection. It takes 1/4 tsp of sunscreen to protect your skin and most likely you will not abe able to apply that much foundation.

I would definitely be aware of your skin care before applying makeup. This includes a proper sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2018 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I really like It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination. It's a powder but it contains anti-aging ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and hydrolized collagen. If you prefer liquid, they have several others you can look into,but they all contain anti-aging ingredients as well.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2018 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Guerlain is good for this. With good coverage and leave your skin in good condition after removing the makeup
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont Elixir foundation is very good, leave skin in good condition after removing makeup. The drawback is it’s steep price and it has to be used within 3 months to ensure the anti-aging ingredients keep active.
harryridwick

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:05 am      Reply with quote
my wife using this advance Gidae Skincare. It is an anti-aging cream to remove all the blemishes and signs of aging around your eyes to give a supple youthful skin. Now my wife looks more beautiful but when I purchase this cream I have seen also my pocket.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 am      Reply with quote
A good foundation is supposed to camouflage all the skin flaws such as dark circles, fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, acne, skin tan . It performs the function of making the skin picture perfect. Guerlain's invisible skin fusion foundation and healthy glow foundation are great ones to try out.
julieswan

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Interesting, before I did not think about how difficult it is to find a good Anti-aging Foundation
jewipipil
5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:15 am      Reply with quote
This is the best, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector
Hope it helps!
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
tigresse wrote:
Hey all Smile

I am looking for foundation recommendations - I really need something which will either be anti-aging (or generally improve the skin) and moisturising. I've found that a lot of foundations are beginning to look a little chalky on my skin (I'm late 20's) so I think I'm in need of a change.

I'd like one with medium coverage too if possible.

Thanks!

Hey Tigresse,
Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation is also good.Try is for once.
Richa94
5% products discount

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi tigresse
BORN THIS WAY could be the foundation which you are looking for. It provides medium coverage as well as help in hydrating of skin. I personally brought this foundation for my aunt. She is loving it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |