Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Topical Vitamin E Oil? Good? Bad?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
On Makeup Alley Jason's Vitamin E oil so far has a 5 star rating.

I got it in the natural section of my grocery last week in the 5,000 strength and have been using it at night in the hope of pampering my skin that has suffered from over agressive approaches to lightening up my hormone induced melasma. (as a note, I was trialling Candy's lightening serum which is very gentle - but I think her Triple C is doing a better job at lightening up what remains).

Anyway, any thoughts good or bad about Vitamin E oil? It smells great - does not sink in that easily though..It was cheap enough $6 or so - probably could get it cheaper on Vitacost...

Thx.

Maria Laughing

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use it on my face but a few years back when I had surgery the surgeon told me to put pure natural vitamin E oil on the scar to help it heal faster and better. I don't know how it would have healed otherwise but it has healed so well that I now put vit E over any cuts etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I come from a family that is sensitive to topical Vit C. Everyone breaks out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I normally add Vitamin E to homamde Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and to Jojoba Oil as it acts as a preservative.
Also I find the Jojoba Oil can actually make my oily skin feel dry so adding the Vitamin E feels better on my skin, great for healing any acne scars, if you don't want to use neat, try adding a little to your everyday moisturiser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I normally add Vitamin E to homamde Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and to Jojoba Oil as it acts as a preservative.
Also I find the Jojoba Oil can actually make my oily skin feel dry so adding the Vitamin E feels better on my skin, great for healing any acne scars, if you don't want to use neat, try adding a little to your everyday moisturiser.

Hi Rosebud - That's just what I've been doing! I use it "straight up" at night, then add a little bit to my moisturizer for daytime. I've tried a lot of different oils lately - camelia, squalene (the olive one,not shark), emu...etc...but so far I like Vitamin E the best...Oddly enough the others made my skin feel dry if that's possible..

I'm going to stick with it and hopefully my skin will benefit from it.

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I have Vit. E in a roll on that I use on my lips currently (especially after the recent split lip accident I had) but I would think it would be too thick for the whole face. Only time I think I would use straight Vit. E on a whole face is for a burn / injury.

For the same reason, I would use triple refined emu on the face versus unrefined. Triple refined emu oil is lighter and absorbs better than unrefined emu. I might use "unrefined" if I had a burn / injury to make sure I got all the healing components of the oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
The only thing I don't like about Vit. E oil (or rather the one I have) is the texture. Mine's very thick and sticky. As a lip balm it works well to seal in moisture but it's a confirmed I'll have hair stuck to my lips once I move Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mariav - I'm 55 nd my skin seems to love Vit.E, and I think that's one reason why I've been so pleased with SkinCeuticals CE+Ferulic. Not only does it brighten my skin and fade freckles, it conditions it in the sense that if I'm a bit dry, this serum takes care of it. It also does a great job in reducing lines around my eyes, and has gotten rid of any around my lip area.

Last summer, I used SC Serum 20 AOX. It doesn't contain E so isn't at all oily. Since I use relatively oily SS, I thought this would help cut down on shine. It did, but then my skin actually got a bit dry from it -- I'm assuming because of the extra 5% of C plus lack of E. If anything, I may try the AOX 15% this summer but I'm not sure -- I love what E does for my skin!
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I also use straight Vitamin E oil on my lips as a balm--really penetrates better than any other kind of balm or oil I've tried. In the winter, I'll use it as a moisturizer at night on really dry patches. It usually takes hours to absorb, which is why I only use it at night (during the day I would mix in a squirt of Vitamin E and a squirt of emu oil into my moisturizer). I'd wake up in the morning and my skin would be remarkably soft, smooth and comfortable-feeling. Plus, it didn't break me out at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use vitamin E to heal blisters from the sun.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your responses! Laughing Here's the skinny on the one I've been using - it smells really good too, so that's a plus.

Maria Very Happy

JASON Vitamin E Oil 5,000 I.U. nourishes, moisturizes and helps regenerate the skin. This natural anti-oxidant mix of Almond, Apricot, Avocado and Wheat Germ Oil helps protect against fine lines and wrinkles leaving skin silky smooth.

Ingredients: Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil* and/or Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Natural Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Lecithin, Essential Oil Blend. *Certified Organic

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use Vitamin E as a mask once a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I add vitamin E (the alpha tocopheral form) to all my natural oils to act as a preservative and intensive skin treatment. I use around 20% vitamin E which is extremely high but it works great.

After one bad case of allergy rashes which leave darkened spots on my skin (which would take years to disappear without regular exfoliation) I have very little marks left because I massaged copious amounts of rosehip/vitamin E oil after the rash had resided.

I have even used the pure form straight on my skin, though it is very sticky but it sinks in well. I would not hesitate to use a minute quantity in lieu of a face oil during winter - oils normally absorb much better on wet skin anyway.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:16 am      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
I use Vitamin E as a mask once a week.

Cool! Very Happy How do you do that? Do you just add it to your clay mask and mix it or something?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Cool! Very Happy How do you do that? Do you just add it to your clay mask and mix it or something?

I use Vitamine E without any other products: I put it on my face for about 1 hour, than I usually take it off with a tonic and put on any moisturizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Mariav,

Now that I see the product you are using is a blend and not straight Vit. E, it sounds good for use on your face.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
It may or may not matter; it may or may not relate to your results, but here's an article from the NY Times:

"REALLY?
By ANAHAD O'CONNOR
Published: March 13, 2007

THE CLAIM -- Vitamin E helps remove scars.

THE FACTS -- Home remedies for scar removal run the gamut from lemon juice to aloe vera gel. But one that stands above the rest -- in popularity at least -- is vitamin E.

Depending on whom you ask, a little vitamin E dabbed on the skin can remove stretch marks, clear up scars and even heal wounds. Discovered in 1922, it can be found widely now in moisturizers and creams.

But according to most studies, its scar-busting properties are overstated. One of the largest studies to investigate the claim was published in 1986 in The Journal of Burn Care and Rehabilitation. In it, scientists followed a group of 159 people who had suffered burns over the course of a year, randomly selecting some to regularly apply vitamin E to their scars and others to use a different topical cream. Those in the vitamin E group showed no noticeable improvement in the size, thickness or appearance of their scars by the end of the study.

In a 1999 study, scientists at the University of Miami followed a group of patients who had recently had minor surgery. Each patient was given two ointments labeled A and B -- one with vitamin E, the other without -- and told to apply each to a separate half of their scars twice daily for four weeks. After that, the scars were evaluated by the patients, the scientists and an independent observer.

The vitamin E not only had no beneficial effect on the appearance of the scars, it made matters worse. Almost a third of the patients had an allergic reaction known as contact dermatitis, leading the authors to give vitamin E the thumbs down.

THE BOTTOM LINE -- According to studies, vitamin E does not remove scars. ANAHAD O'CONNOR "
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
I use vitamin E to heal blisters from the sun.

O? vintamin E can use for this?
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I unfortunately can't use Vitamin E oil on my face as I get horrible breakouts, even worse when I use rosehip oil! Confused I do use a high potency vitamin E cream to help reduce some of my stretchmarks Embarassed, I think it actually works! Smile But I wish I could use it on my face to get rid of some of my scars. Crying or Very sad
helen56

Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:13 am      Reply with quote
I really love vitamin e oil. I mainly use it for my face, especially for moisturising my skin and for scars. I had heard different opinions about its benefits, and finally I tried Fushi's vitamin e oil. My skin is improving!. This oil is good quality, 100% natural oil. I love this brand!

Hope that helps!
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I use Vitamin E to treat dark circles on my eyes as well as on my face once or twice a week. It works really amazing to get rid of dark circles from my eyes and brings shiny glow on my face also.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |