Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can you share what do you use after rolling? DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sallyc
5% products discount

Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:

- After oozing stops, apply Acell, Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A) and Ascorbic tetraisopalmitate (vitamin C) + Vitamin E, in a solution made of jojoba oil, squalene, and macadamia nut oil. I chose this solution because its close to human sebum composition.

How about avocado/jojoba oil (vit A), lemon oil (vit C), and mmacadamia nut oil, wheatgerm oil, apricot kernal oil (vit E)???

any ideas if this would work?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:05 am      Reply with quote
sallyc wrote:

How about avocado/jojoba oil (vit A), lemon oil (vit C), and mmacadamia nut oil, wheatgerm oil, apricot kernal oil (vit E)???

I would NOT use lemon oil after rolling, even at small concentrations it can highly irritate. Garden of Wisdom has a product I've been considering, its called chock full of vitamins, I think it covers the bases for use after rolling.
Italianprincess21

Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Josee...I was wondering where you can purchase all of the products you wrote about? I looked up the Acell and found where I can purchase it but the rest can you please share. Also my dermaroller is a 2.0. I have only rolled once abour two weeks ago and used Retin A micro after. I am rolling for post pregnancy stretch marks. I was wondering if these ingrediants you mentioned would work for me? Thanks for your knowledge.
sallyc
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if adding additional vit c to the diet is enough? Along with topical application of serum/oil containing natural source vit e and a???
sallyc
5% products discount

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I have just found an oil which looks good, it contains A,C and E and is entirely natural...

its for the eyes usually

Sea buckthorn oil

Rosehip oil

Jojoba oil

Grapeseed oil

Do any of these contradict the effects of derma rolling? For example I heard that the product used with the roller must NOT be anti-inflammatory
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys
I'm not understanding the principle of not using anti-inflammatory products after rolling. Not arguing with you, just have never heard that before! Can you direct me to a link explaining it? I thought inflammation is what contributes to ageing.
TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Italianprincess21 wrote:
Josee...I was wondering where you can purchase all of the products you wrote about? I looked up the Acell and found where I can purchase it but the rest can you please share. Also my dermaroller is a 2.0. I have only rolled once abour two weeks ago and used Retin A micro after. I am rolling for post pregnancy stretch marks. I was wondering if these ingrediants you mentioned would work for me? Thanks for your knowledge.

Italianprincess where abouts did you find Acell to buy? I had a look and couldn't see anywhere???
Thanx.
tarapaca
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
After oozing stops, apply Acell, Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A) and Ascorbic tetraisopalmitate (vitamin C) + Vitamin E, in a solution made of jojoba oil, squalene, and macadamia nut oil. I chose this solution because its close to human sebum composition.

That sounds amazing. Would you mind telling us the approximate amounts of each you use? I'd like to mix up a similar solution to use after dermarolling stretchmarks.
sallyc
5% products discount

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Hi guys
I'm not understanding the principle of not using anti-inflammatory products after rolling. Not arguing with you, just have never heard that before! Can you direct me to a link explaining it? I thought inflammation is what contributes to ageing.
TIA

I searched in google and found it somewhere in a forum, but I'm not too sure myself whether it makes any sense? I doubt that any of the oils I listed above would cause problems but I am inexperienced in this sort of thing, I'm just going on instnct and what has worked forme in the past Smile
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

Barefootgirl wrote:

Is this due to penetration levels? I mean, since ascorbic acid is widely used as a topical anyway - does rolling introduce it TOO deeply into the lower layers of the skin? Does this explain why its use is acceptable as a topical -but to be avoided when rolling?

To be honest, I don't know the exact reason. Ascorbic acid is an "acid" which can have a Ph of 2. So when you roll the penetration is greatly enhanced and if it goes through the "holes" done by the roller, it goes straight to the deeper layers of the epidermis (and dermis) so there's a lot of potential for irritation and even necrosis of the tissue. When you put it on without the holes, it absorbs moore slowly and thus gives the skin time to "buffer" it as it goes deeper.

sallyc wrote:

Anything will sort of "work". Rolling produces more collagen basically because of the little "micro-injuries" it produces. So even if you didn't put anything after rolling, it would still work. However, we want to "optimize" the treatment so we try to put topicals that promote collagen formation (besides having a healthy diet). The only thing you need to be careful is not putting things that can be irritating to the skin or too acid.

So with the rolling, we should be putting (not only the day we roll, but every day before and after) topicals that will help collagen production. And since the little "holes" the roller produces gives us a unique opportunity for deep penetration of topicals, we want to take advantage of that and put a nice cocktail that will help the skin!

The reason I put actives and not oil is just to get a greater concentration but I really don't know how much it helps or doesn't, and I don't think anyone knows since there are no studies comparing anything.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
sallyc
5% products discount

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Josee, I am very concerned about what I put on my skin now, and after using a range of expensive products, moving onto an expensive natural product (aveda), now I use very basic products which work out alot cheaper and I trust them because they only have one ingredient (mainly cold pressed oils or home made stuff) I don't believe the products I was using before were making my skin look any different.
I have bought a 1.5mm dermaroller for stretch marks and will use a mix of the above oils to see how well it works and will post results... I read a post talking about people being a bit careless with the derma roller... I definately don't want to ruin my skin at 20 and will do it once every six weeks, letting it heal. Could I use the same length on my breasts? I was thinking about getting a scientia dermaroller for neck,decollete and breasts?
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Hi guys
TIA

I think the idea is that since it is the skins inflammatory response that allows the new collagen to generate, using an anti-inflmmatory product is somewhat counter productive to the process. Though, I feel there is still a lot unknown about what happens on a micro level and I'm not so sure I'm convinced that nothing at all is best either.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
These are the places that worked the best for me to buy the things:

a) Retinyl palmitate and Squalene: Sigma company
http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/united-states.html

You need to register first and open an account because they don't sell everything to everyone.

If not, you can buy the squalene from a vitamin store which usually comes in sofgel caplets. Make sure it has no additives.

Also you can buy another Retinyl Acetate in skinactives. Any retinoid will do.

b) Vitamin E: any health store should have some

c) Matristem: you need to get your dermatologist/GP to order it from Acell or write you a script and order it yourself (I think maybe your pharmacy can order it if you have a script though I'm not sure)

d) All the other oils: any health store. I buy them from "From nature with love"

e)Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate: bulkactives.com

I first mix the squalene, macadamia nut oil, and jojoba esters in these proportions:

30% Jojoba oil
15% Squalene
55% Macadamia nut oil

After I do this I make a solution of:

0.1% Retinoid
10% Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate
10% Vitamin E
10% Matristem

All the percentages are by weight.

HTH!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:

30% Jojoba oil
15% Squalene
55% Macadamia nut oil

After I do this I make a solution of:

0.1% Retinoid
10% Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate
10% Vitamin E
10% Matristem

All the percentages are by weight.

HTH!

Hi Josee, I use a formula post rolling very similar to yours. Same oils. Instead of Matristem I use matrixyl 3000 to stimulate matrix molecules - collagens 1,3, 4 & fibronectin, lacto-ceramide for barrier repair, retin-a instead of retinyl, tetrahexyldecal l-acorbic instead of ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate, and squalane instead of squalene:-)

It's quite similar other than the variables and of course next white paper I read I'll change the formula again:-)
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I think that you can buy the matristem directly from their website...now, for the price, I'm not so sure, perhaps having a prescription would help.
sallyc
5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
can you derma roll on decollete and breasts with 1.5? or is a 0.5 better for this area?
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
Actually, I think that you can buy the matristem directly from their website...now, for the price, I'm not so sure, perhaps having a prescription would help.

Well, a representative from Acell emailed me today and you must indeed have a prescription. Crying or Very sad I don't have health insurance right now, so no go for me!
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
What do you guys feel would be a good protocol to follow to break up hyperpigmentation?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Josee:

<<One hour (or more) after that, I will put a very diluted copper peptide serum. I still don't know the exact concentration I will use because I haven't asked yet.

I have always read that copper peptides should not be applied to the skin within 72 hours use of C serums - due to their negative interaction?

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Josee:

<<One hour (or more) after that, I will put a very diluted copper peptide serum. I still don't know the exact concentration I will use because I haven't asked yet.

I have always read that copper peptides should not be applied to the skin within 72 hours use of C serums - due to their negative interaction?

BF

Copper peptides and C serums should be spaced 12 hours apart.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I read here months ago that aloe gel is good to use after rolling.

Mine says 100% although it is from cvs. i have a 2.0 roller. I just used EMLA cream for the first time - didnt do anything for me.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you use a Vitamin C serum *before* rolling as well?

I know that Dr. Fernandes mentions preparing the skin with Vitamin A before rolling, but cannot recall whether the same advice applies to Vitamin C.

Thanks! BF
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Do any of you use a Vitamin C serum *before* rolling as well?

I know that Dr. Fernandes mentions preparing the skin with Vitamin A before rolling, but cannot recall whether the same advice applies to Vitamin C.

Thanks! BF

Yes, use of a topical C is recommended as rolling prep. I use Kassy's DIY C,E,Ferulic serum on a regular basis, as an anti-oxidant. It makes me a little peely, so I'm considering using it every other day to see if that cuts down on the peeling. It's made with L-Ascorbic, so I substitute THA for 3 days post-roll to avoid irritation.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I would really recommend not using any artificial forms of vitamin C or A or low molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid when derma rolling, as they can cause inflammatory reactions or have catabolic reactions with human skin tissue!
Jellybean93

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I got a copper peptide mask last year, I might try it as well, hope it's still good after such a long time.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |