Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review Dr Hauschka products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used Dr Hauschka products several years ago. Overall, I did not see any visible effect from this product on my face, and do not have very good impression of this brand. I used it only because the brand claims to be natural and can adjust skin's metabolism. I had serious acne back then and hoped to cure my acne with this brand.

I have seen only a slight effect of this product in controlling acne. However, it did not completely solve my problem. I have learned a lesson from those years fighting acne: most likely, one has an endocrine problem if he/she has serious acne occurring regularly. Do not waste any money on skincare in this case. Go see a doctor and ask for medicine.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
1. Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner

This toner claims to minimize the appearance of blemishes. From my previous experience, it has only a very slight effect on reducing the acne. So if you have serious acne, do not expect much from this toner.

I was told that with this toner, you do NOT need apply any moisturizer at night. If you have young and oil skin, a toner may be enough. However, do not rely on it too much. You still need a moisturizer most of time.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
2. Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream

This is very greasy cream. It is hard to extend it over the face. It may work for very dry skin but not for combination or oil skin. My entire face looked oily with this cream on.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
3. Dr Hauschka Revitalising Day Cream

This cream is less greasy and more watery than day rose cream. However, it is very hard for the skin to absorb. The yellow cream is floating on the skin, making my face look yellowish. During cold winter time, this cream may not be strong enough for protecting the skin from driness. My general impression is that this brand cannot balance oil and water well.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
4. Dr Hauschka Dr Hauschka Renewing Night Conditioner

Very expensive product. I had a high hope of this product to cure my acne. It seems that if your skin does not have any big problem, it can improve your skin condition. However, given its price, you can find much better products with the same price.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
5. Dr Hauschka Eye Revive

I remembered that this product has a good cooling effect on eyes. It kind of works. However, it is expensive with low performance price ratio.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
6. Dr Hauschka Lip Balm

This is a very good product. The lip balm is not greasy and not too expensive. My only issue is that balm is not as easy to apply nor as sanitary as lip stick.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
7. Dr Hauschka Eye Balm

The eye balm is easy to apply and non-greasy. Not bad for a daily eye cream.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
8. Dr Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk

I do not like this product. It cannot generate any foam, and thus cannot remove completely oil and dirt on the face.

Overall, Dr Hauschka is too mild to produce any visible or good effect.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
9. Dr Hauschka Clarifying Day Oil

Never like face oil. I like serums more which can infuse water into dry skin.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
This brand is easily accessible since it is sold at Whole Foods. Highly recommend to get some samples before buying any full size.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Xyzabcd8 thank you for posting. Could you share how old you are and what your targets were with using the brand. I have used some of their products and loved them and would continue to use them if they weren’t so darned expensive but am in my middle 60s, and have very dry but sensitive skin. My feedback on the products you mention are:

Dr Hauschka Clarifying Toner – I liked this and it smells lovely. I would continue to buy this but its quite pricey and prefer to make my own diy toners with ingredients that I learned from EDS however it worked well for me. I didn’t see pore tightening, but that’s not an issue for me and I use Retin A for 30 plus years. Plus it’s a spray toner too so depending on size of your face I always find it problematic.

Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream – I didn’t find it greasy – in fact quite the opposite but I love the smell of this product and have bought it when money has been good. It really does moisturize dry skin. I didn’t find it sitting on top but it did definitely absorb and plump out the areas of my face that are really prone to dryness so is a winner for me personally! Plus I like the pump dispenser too.

Dr Hauschka Dr Hauschka Renewing Night Conditioner – this is an oil free product and the thing I loved about it is that it allows the skin to breath. I love massaging this product into my skin and whilst my skin is quite reactive to things – this gave me no bother at all. Plus my skin felt great immediately afterwards and in the morning I went and looked in the mirror and my skin felt beautiful and soft too.

Dr Hauschka Eye Revive – I don’t recall it having a cooling effect on the eyes, but I did like it as an eye cream. However I must admit that I also liked another product at the time so opted for that. I didn’t see anything stand out about this product.

Dr Hauschka Lip Balm – haven’t used this product.

Dr Hauschka Eye Balm – I found this product quite heavy. It reminded me a bit of Eve Lom’s balm and took experimenting to work out how much to apply without being to heavy handed. It didn’t absorb well for me on a few occasions.

Dr Hauschka Soothing Cleansing Milk – I love this product and have repurchased several times. It isn’t a foam cleanser but a milk product that smells wonderful. Its just the right consistency as well and I found I could massage into problem places like the side of my nose etc. I loved this and have repurchased several times and continue to!

Dr Hauschka Clarifying Day Oil – I didn’t like this product. Hard to pinpoint exactly why. Plus mine came with a leaflet detailing a massage routine that looked seriously flawed to me.

I also have used a few of their steam bath products which I love. Their rose and lavender ones are so nice and I swear I see an immediate result from them afterwards.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I was in mid twenties when first using the brand. I had combination to oil skin with serious acne. Back then my skin was robust, not thirsty, and never had any allergy.

I have not used this brand recently.
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaMary's useful information. Our experience just presented Dr. Hauschka's effects on two very different skin types. Hopefully this information can help other interested users to make right decision.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Good to find this great information here, It is very helpful..
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
for Dr.Hauschka, I've been using it for about two years, and I wanted to repair my sensitive skin, but I didn't see any effect. His lotion is very greasy. Although I am dry skin, I still feel heavy. Then I start buying lamer, and I get the desired effect.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |