Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Looking for a Vit C Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I recently began using The Ordinary (I used to use EmerginC, really do like it but have the usual issues of price/shelf life with it). I use the 23% and while it does feel gritty and requires a bit more effort than just sliding a finger across your face to smooth out a slick product, it works great. I give it a minute or so to absorb and I have not had any issues with applying other products (moisturizer, sunscreen, or foundation).

The tingling they mention was strong the first time I used it, but subsided quickly for me. I've seen reviews where it was intolerable for some, so YMMV.

I've thought of making my own, but the actual finding time to do so isn't realistically going to happen. For the price, this is a great option for stable C.
ulli64

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I purchased
VitamaxMATRIXYL 3000 60%+ ARGIRELINE 25%+ HYALURONIC ACID 100%+ VITAMIN C SERUM 30ml
at Ebay from UK
They are shipping worldwide

I like it very much.

Greetings
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I use and love the organic Vitamin C hydrating serum by I'm Fabulous Cosmetics. I buy it on their website at imfabulouscosmetics.com you can get a 15% off coupon on their website by signing for their newsletter.
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi EDS - long time no post - always reading though!
I just received my Ordinary Vit C 23% and used it last night. I have tried many and have made my own for years. This is gritty which dissipated eventually. I did not feel tingly really at all which I wanted to show that it was penatrating - maybe from my years of vit c use. I like the oily texture as it makes my skin look less dry but it doesn't make for good product layering so I will probably have to use it on it's own without other serums - any ideas?

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Stylikoo wrote:
I buy my Vit C from The Ordinary.

Which one are you using?

5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2017 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm also interested in hearing everyone's recommendation. I've used Timeless, Paulas Choice, Drunk Elephant, SkinCeuticals, Hylamide and MyChelle 25%. Right now I'm trying the Hydropeptide Luma Pro C.

I know Vitamin C is supposed to be a wonderful ingredient, but as someone else mentioned, I never saw any real change in my skin. In fact, most of them have broken me out, especially the Timeless and Paulas Choice. SkinCeutials was okay (it didn't break me out) but I never saw any change in my brown spots.

I was thinking about trying Obagi after I'm done with the Luma Pro C. Does anyone have a recommendation on what strength to try? Has anyone tried the one from Neocutis - I think it's called ReActive?
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
IS CLINICAL

There is no better formulate for this.

Second to this would be Skincuetical.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Not making my own right now. Probably will again if I can get motivated. I have been using this serum and have been very happy, available in 15% or 20%. One ounce is $16.50. A bit tacky at first but it sinks in fast. (No affiliation with this company)

http://www.skinactives.com/Vitamin-C-Serum-Ascorbic-Acid-L.html

Ingredients:
Water, Ascorbic Acid, Glycerin, Ferulic Acid, Alpha-D-Tocopherol, Phloretin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Tocopherols, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Xanthophyll, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta-Carotene, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Juice Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Juice Extract, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol (and) Sorbic Acid.

*The Lemon and Orange Extracts in this formula are juice powders. These are not essential oils and do not contain the sensitizing properties that some citrus essential oils are known to have.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Neostrata 10% vitamin C serum.
It does not seem to go bad and makes my skin look smooth and helps a lot with dark spots I get from blemishes.

They package their cream in these capsules you twist open before you use them, so no air gets in.

Their product does not seem to look nice with any makeup I use, so I just use it at night a couple times per week.

I tried the Body Shop version of the Vitamin C cream in capsules and it did not feel like it was working and my skin did not look better.
I got their product at one of their sales where any 3 items were $30 in store.
Didn't bother returning it,used up the product and will not rebuy.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
IS CLINICAL Super Serum Advance +
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I get the I'M FABULOUS COSMETICS VITAMIN C 25% HYDRATING SERUM, ORGANIC. It works wonderfully for me. If my skin is too dry from too much traveling, then I switch to the I'M FABULOUS COSMETICS VITAMIN C SUPER BRIGHTENING FACIAL SERUM. They just had a 50% off coupon still valid until Tuesday. Coupon code is: IRMA it only work on the new website at imfabulouscosmetics.com
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarahleone, I so agree with you. I don't know if it's doing anything but my thinking is, what would have happened if I DIDN'T use it?

I dislike more Vit C serums because they are usually too acidic, leaving the skin itchy and sticky. Also, most come in bottles with a dropper so each time I use it, I am letting air in.

I just discovered MARTIDERM serums in 2ml vials. I use PHOTO AGE which contains not only 15% L Ascorbic acid, but also 5% Proteoglycans Vitamin A Vitamin E Vitamin F Antiradical complex and cell repairer

It has a pleasant texture and smell, and not acidic.

sarahleone wrote:
I'm also interested in hearing everyone's recommendation. I've used Timeless, Paulas Choice, Drunk Elephant, SkinCeuticals, Hylamide and MyChelle 25%. Right now I'm trying the Hydropeptide Luma Pro C.

I know Vitamin C is supposed to be a wonderful ingredient, but as someone else mentioned, I never saw any real change in my skin. In fact, most of them have broken me out, especially the Timeless and Paulas Choice. SkinCeutials was okay (it didn't break me out) but I never saw any change in my brown spots.

I was thinking about trying Obagi after I'm done with the Luma Pro C. Does anyone have a recommendation on what strength to try? Has anyone tried the one from Neocutis - I think it's called ReActive?
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Try this, it has everything in it including non irritating retinol and vit-c, both are steble.
https://www.prettycat.uk/product-page/c-e-l-a-tetra-vitamin-c-plus-serum
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Obagi is my favorite c serum. i have tried cellex-c ( i founds this one irritated my skin) and i've tried IS clinical. is clinical was ok but i notice obagi is more effective for me. I am up to 20% now. i started at 10, then 15 and have been at 20 for years. It is a good idea to build up to it when you have sensitive skin. For me, the obagi really smoothes out my skin. my skin sloughing seems to be much more frequent when i use this, so there is always nice, plump new skin being revelaed. It also keeps my skin clear. i have super dry skin, but prone to breakouts. this keeps breakouts at bay.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Ordinary 30% vitamin c is a good choice.

I personally use Cosmetic Skin Solutions C-E-Ferulic serum. Every order, without fail, the serum is as clear as water with no hint of amber which I understand is a sign of vitamin c oxidation.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |