Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Copper Peptides For Eyelash Growth???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I read that using Copper peptides to the lash line will produce faster longer eyelash growth.

Anyone tried this? Does it work?

Pip
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pippi_Plum - I've been using Super-GHK on my lash line for months and noticed increased lash growth and length. You can read more about my experience here.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=331065&highlight=#331065

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass is this used alone or with another growth product?

How long before you could see results?

I am interested in trying this, do you have a link to the product you use?

Thanks so much!!! Very Happy
Pip
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
That raises the question--do copper peptides increase the growth of facial hair more generally? It's hard to figure out how they might help desirable facial hair like lashes but not increase undesirable hair.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Pippi_Plum wrote:
ScotsLass is this used alone or with another growth product?

How long before you could see results?

I am interested in trying this, do you have a link to the product you use?

Thanks so much!!! Very Happy
Pip

Hi Pip - For several months now I have been using Skinbio's Super-GHK Copper Serum with the intention of firming the skin around my eyes as well as my jawline (repairing and rebuilding the skin is one of the primary features that this product is formulated to do). I happened to notice within a month of using the Super-GHK serum every night all over my eyes that my eyelashes were looking longer and this is what caused me to focus closely on the lash length as well as any new lash growth. There is no doubt that my lashes are fuller since I've began to use the GHK and that I have lots of new baby lashes sprouting, but this was an expected bonus and not something that I purposely bought the product for. I also do not use any other lash accelerating product, nor have I every used one in the past.

You can read more about Super-GHK Serum at the Skinbio website - http://skinbiology.com/superghk.html. They also offer a product there that is used on the scalp to grow hair but has also been known to grow lashes and eyebrows. I have yet to try it, however, there is another member here who is using it right now and has noticed results with new eyebrow growth (which she wants!). It's called Folligen Cream - http://www.skinbio.com/quickeyebroweyelash.html

HTH's

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
with the talk that I have heard on building up to the super cop it must be quite gentle if you are using it in your lash line...sounds great!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
with the talk that I have heard on building up to the super cop it must be quite gentle if you are using it in your lash line...sounds great!

Annachan - The product I am referring to is not Super COP, I am talking about the Super-GHK Copper serum. Super-GHK Copper is a 1st generation copper peptide and is EXTREMELY mild and does not cause any irritation at all when it's near your eyes. I'm certain some of it has leached into my eyes after I gently applied the serum along my lash line, but I'd never know it. In fact I've never experienced as much as a tingle using it and may continue to use it exclusively along my lash line should the 2nd generation CP's cause any form of irritation when applied so close to my peepers. I've never tried any of the 2nd generation CP's yet (such as Super COP), so I cannot say one way or another what sort of results they might produce in terms of lash growth. The 2nd gen CP's are a different formulation from the 1st generation (GHK), so perhaps they won't work the same way at all when it comes to lash growth Question . I've yet to hear anyone else in the forum talk about lash growth using Super COP (or any of the other 2nd gen CP's with the exception of Folligen), so perhaps there is a good reason, formula-wise, for this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
ooh I didnt realise...I do know that 2nd generation is really stable even with ascorbic acid etc where the first wasnt but I didnt know it made a difference when it came to irritation.....thank you so much for that info!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
ooh I didnt realise...I do know that 2nd generation is really stable even with ascorbic acid etc where the first wasnt but I didnt know it made a difference when it came to irritation.....thank you so much for that info!

Sorry Annachan, but Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is NOT to be used with Copper Peptides regardless of the 'generation' as one negates the effects of the other. It is recommended that you have a 12 hour window between the two, meaning you'd use Vitamin C serums or creams in the AM and Copper Peptides in the PM. Again, this rule applies to both generations of copper peptides. Based on your comments I take it you have not read a lot about copper peptides or used any of the products. It is well known to those that have read or researched copper peptides that the stronger products, such as Super COP, can irritate the skin when it is used full strength and that many people cannot tolerate using it every day for this reason. This is the primary reason I would not suggest anyone apply it to their eyelash line right off the bat...if it irritates the skin in general when people initially use it, it stands to reason that it can irritate the more delicate skin around the eyes and especially closer to the eyes (such as the lash line). So if anyone attempts to apply Super COP to their lash line they better do it with extreme caution because it MIGHT cause unknown irritation. Hope this clears up any additional confusion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
oooh I didnt know...I read a bit on the skin bio site and it did say that the 2nd generation didnt break down but I probably jumped the gun and assumed they were referring to vit c when they did say retinol and acids.....so when I use one of their creams over an eye cream that contains vit c does it mean that it neutralizes the copper?
do they really neutralize each other or is it more the copper?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Annachan - Retinol is Vitamin A and not an acid and the Skinbio site is referring to the benefits of taking vitamin c orally, not topically. The site also encourages the use of AHA's such as LacSal, which can be used 30 minutes BEFORE you apply a CP. It was originally thought that using AHA's too close to the first generation CP could destabilise it (even after a 30 minute wait time between products). That has since changed with the introduction of Super-GHK. Vitamin C serums will negate the effects of CP's and vice-versa if they are used too close together. So I would not use a CP immediately on top of a Vitamin C cream as the properties of one will interfere with the properties of the other.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:38 am      Reply with quote
thanks scotslass I had a few doubts about it ...so my lovely eye cream has been canceled by my lovely skin bio day cover (which I LOVE)
OK starting from tomorrow I will keep the skin bio cream away from my eye area!!!!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am mainly interested in eyelash and eyebrow growth, but Im hesitant to buy the Super GHK serum for that sole purpose. Since I dont "need" to smooth out lines at this point***, I was wondering if it would be harmful to use this just for eyelash/eyebrow growth. Or would it be recommended that I buy the Folligen product since that is what it was made for? I just keep reading such great stuff about the Super GHK serum that Im leaning more towards that right now.

***The reason that Im a little nervous about using the Super GHK serum is that I read that if you use a product for wrinkles/smoothing the skin too early, then it won't work later when you really need it. I dont know if there is any truth in this, so I look forward to seeing what you guys have to say.
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
What is the main difference between Folligen and the GHK serum? Is the GHK a more concentrated serum thus speeding the growth of lashes?
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass, thank you for being so patient and answering our questions Very Happy
hannah01

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Now my eyes and eyelash looks perfect, nice silky smooth lashes in the morning when i wake up and my lashes have lengthened and thickened up since using the [ spam ] Serum every day!!! GREAT product.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |