Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Vitamin C serums, what is the best quality?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: In your opinion, which brand is the best quality Vitamin C serum?

Vivier
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Obagi
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Skinceuticals
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Some vitamin C serums are good for specific skin type. Example, Cellex had great quality vit. c for oily skin and I am not sure what has happened to the company, but I personally don't see it being promoted and be available to customers.

Now, I have normal to dry skin, that is still prone to breakouts. I remember trying Skinceuticals and that was not so great for my acne prone skin.

There are so many EDS members here and I'm sure you tried different brands. Which one did you like and why?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I used to make my own. Now I use the CSI Vitamin C serum. I get it at Vitacost for less than $15 a bottle. I like this one because it’s very stable. There is no water in the formula so it doesn’t oxidize. It’s 12% LAA. My skin is normal, slightly dry, not prone to breakouts.
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum,is a good quality product which is also helpful to reduce dark spots on dry skin.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried Skincueticals & Vivier. I've never tried Obagi. Skincueticals is insanely expensive for a Serum that comes to you already oxidized & yellow in the bottle. Vivien was a nice texture but it made me break out. I think it would be nice for more dry skin types though. I've been using the vitamin c serum from Pure Skin Formulations for years & it is still my favorite. My skin is combination and I never break out with this serum. And it's very good quality for only $46. It's a keeper for me!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Martiderm Photo age

Also IS Clinical Super Serum Advance+ (this one is acidic)
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just jumped on the Organic Bandwagon so this is one for me (for the time being):

Fabulous Cosmetics Vitamin C hydrating serum
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I prefer vivier and obagi, skinceuticals I don't really like this skincare brand
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, i forgot a word, I don't really like Skinceuticals
infiniterelaxationspa

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I've found quite a few a few vitamin c serums i like but Skinceuticals and one from drunk elephant are what i use the most
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:32 am      Reply with quote
LilyAna Vitamin C. Very popular and reasonably priced.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1HIIUT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I like Mad Hippie Vitamin C.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Among these three options, I prefer Skinceuticals to obagi. But I feel Skinceuticals is a little bit oily, especially the CEF one. Cellex-C is also a good choice, absorbed fast.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
PSF here on EDS! Used it for years. I also really liked the Alumiers brand too and it won awards but it is so expensive!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
the fragrance of vivier skin is too strong for me, I can not even have a good sleep after I put it on my face.
ziggyssauce3183

Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I find SkinCeuticals a bit overpriced sometimes but they're the only brand that has really helped with my skin. I tried other cheaper brands and they made my skin feel oily.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Phyto C

5% products discount

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I used to love Vivier 20.
I think I'll get back on it

I find a lot of the vitamin c serums now have vit e in them which gives me the big, huge, sore pimples below my skin.
Any recommendations for a great Vit C serum with NO E?
jacobs190

Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Four of our dermatologists recommend SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, which they (and our editors) hail as the gold-standard vitamin-C serum and is suitable for all skin types. “I think it's the best out there,” declares Howe.
Yaroslav Fadeev

Tue May 03, 2022 1:27 am      Reply with quote
It's necessary to select vitamin C on the principle of action, not skin type, for example, to get rid of scars and spots after acne, it is better to look for sodium ascorbyl phosphate, and to fight age changes - L-ascorbic acid
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |