Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone using the Silk'n Titan home device?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering. It seems to have many positive reviews. I have one and missed three weeks' use as it disappeared while I was renovating. I haven't found any red light device to work so far but this one seems to be pleasing a lot of people on the home shopping channel. It can't be used if you have a pacemaker or neurological problems. I find it gets VERY hot and you have to be careful, or keep the setting very low. Hope all my "old" friends here are doing well. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I had really considered buying this but at the time there wasn't many reviews on it so decided to wait. I hope Antonia you report back with your opinion on it after using for awhile. From what I remember wasn't it a red light plus RF device?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, red and RF. I will keep you briefed. You are only supposed to use it twice a week for 10 weeks, then once every two weeks for maintenance. Praying haha.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the difference between the Silk'n Titan and the Tria Fraxel? or is it more like a baby quasar?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
In a nutshell the Tria laser is supposed to generate collagen and resurface skin...works really well at removing hyperpigmented spots. I had a spot the size of a pencil eraser on my cheek that it totally removed.

The Silk'n Titan has red light like the baby quasar and radio frequency. RF energy is to heat tissue to stimulate collagen production to reduce fine lines & skin laxity. HTH
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I just got the Titan, and have only used it a few times. Mine doesn't get that hot, though. How long was the unit on before it got very hot for you, Antonia? I'm wondering if mine is defective... I've seen several reviews from customers who received defective units.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi PiscesGirl. (I am also a Pisces Girl.) It gets very hot after a few seconds in the same place (moving it in little circles). I did actually start with a defective one that wouldn't go beyond "2" but this was a recognized fault in production apparently and all those were replaced. I haven't used mine for over a week as I am having renos done and am exhausted with all the noise and dust.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:19 am      Reply with quote
I was considering buying this too. However, when i asked my friends they were not very impressed with it. I then went on the internet and read few positive reviews and lots of negative reviews. Now I am really confused if i should invest in it or wait for a better product.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I have not been using it twice a week until two weeks ago. I am using it on the jawbone of the left side of my face, which is slightly different in terms of shape, but not yet lax. I have also been using it all over the philtrum/space between nose and upper lip where, with the aid of my 10x mirror, I can see fine vertical lines appearing. After last night's 15 minute application on a three (I have to move it around fast as it burns), I woke up this morning to a lovely pouty upper lip. I suspect fluid was drawn to the area, given the short time period and the fact I increased from a 2 to 3. The fine lines are barely visible and I intend keeping them that way. I also have been using withinUs marine collagen for two months and (oral) aloe vera for three, based on the results of ONE study that saw it significantly increase skin thickness. I frequently get carded for senior specials, ferry discounts etc. but I don't get much help other than Botox in the glabellar area for these two little bumps that appear when I don't have it. They make me look worried so I know it's time again for a shot when people ask me what is wrong Rolling Eyes I do a lot of energy work, visualizing my skin becoming younger. Laughing
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and ordered the Titan on the Black friday sale. I have done 8 treatments so far and haven't noticed any improvements yet. Skin looks plumped up and a bit lifted right after treatment but is only temporary. Really easy to use but very time consuming. Thank goodness it's only two times a week which makes it doable. I have used it on level 5 the highest level since the start except around eyes on level 4 as feels too hot on 5. Hoping to see some improvement in forehead & upper lip lines and some tightening of jawline. Will update later.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds good, Brierrose. I too have wondered about the temporary effect of drawing fluids to the area. My upper lip still looks fuller though. Lol! Weren't we the ones who would sit there day after day with the AALS? Now twice a week for 15 minutes is an effort! I found my AALS during a recent move...poor thing. I can't find the electrical connection or I would use it too. I also use the FaceFX four times a week. Pretty soon I'll resemble a shrunken head. Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
LOL let's hope not about the shrunken heads! Shock

I really got results with the AALS after using it diligently for quite awhile. I quit using after hearing it might cause DNA damage but I'm going to use again in between Titan treatments. More willing to take some risks I quess as more aging signs show up lol. I think I'll hold off on the AALS till I see what the Titan can do on it's own though.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Anyone notice anything staggering? I haven't as yet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using mine for about 7 weeks. One minute I think I see some improvement and then other times not. I only have 60 days to return it and the manufacturer says to give it 10 weeks to see results so I don't know what to do. Confused While I know there are far more expensive devices out there, this was still pretty pricey to keep if it doesn't work.

I ran out of the gel pretty quickly. I've been using aloe gel but it dries so quickly on the skin that it's a pain to use. If anyone has any ideas for other types of gel that I can pick up in a drugstore, I'd appreciate the suggestion.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia,
Do you know if you're supposed to continue to see improvement after the 10 week mark? Or is the 10 weeks as good as it gets and then you're just trying to maintain that?

I can't see anything spectacular happening within the next 3 weeks if I haven't seen obvious improvement in the 7 weeks I've been using it....
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Lorraine. Good question. It looks to me that you get to the 10 week point and that's as good as it gets. I haven't noticed anything other than the slightly enhanced upper lip (vermilion border), which lasts a few hours. Now I did have a week off as I was insanely busy, but I don't think that would make a difference. I am going to keep at it as collagen production is a little slower when we are older (just like virtually everything else Bad Grin ). I'll keep you updated.

Oh, I also wanted to tell you that I use Nu Face gel. I ordered it online from somewhere as the gel provided has parabens in it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I am uh... older as well. I'm not asking for miracles but I hoped to see a noticeable improvement.

I also have a Myotone (microcurrent) and really didn't see improvement with it either. Both devices are time consuming and rather expensive. I don't mind either the time or the expenditure if they do something.

I was looking at frames for glasses at Sam's Club last night and asked the girl if health insurance covers the medical portion of the eye exam. "Are you on Medicare?" Uh....no....I'm not old enough to be on Medicare. Meanwhile my friend was with me who is 64 and looks much younger than I do. It's really depressing.

Now I need to decide whether to return this or not as I'm running out of time.
Sad
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia,
I think I'm sending mine back. I emailed customer support at Silk'n. They said that although it won't hurt to use it once or twice weekly after the 10 week mark, you likely won't see more improvement. I've been using over 7 weeks now and really haven't seen anything that makes me think anything is going to happen if I keep using for 2 1/2 more weeks. At that point, I won't be able to return it either so....
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Drat. Have you used the FaceFx? I find it keeps my pores smaller, for whatever reason, and the lady who does my brow botox said she had "difficulty" believing my skin was so firm. It can be so frustrating trying to find the device that is right for you. I was reading my old "MiddleAgeless" buddy Dr. Anthony Yuon's latest book Age Fix. He mentions FaceFx in there, a couple of times. He doesn't mention Titan. He's not the sort of doc to mention something he doesn't see results from.

I just ordered a Cellbone product with peptides and am hoping this will help around the eyes. It was horribly expensive and I will likely get dinged for it by Customs as well. I'll provide feedback Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Even though it has been subtle I have found the Titan has helped with some tightening. Due to being away and then being sick with pneumonia I didn't use it for the last couple of months and noticed marionette lines have started to look more pronounced again and jawline not as tight.

It was at the 10th treatment I started to notice some difference. Before that some days I thought there was a difference and other days not. So yes I believe it is providing some tightening although subtle and I'll continue to plug away at it.

Antonia, so sorry to hear about your loss. Thinking of you at this difficult time.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you BrierRose, for the kind words. Well, out comes the Titan again! I just posted about GABA tea. I bought some and am spraying my face with it prior to using any light therapy. It is an organic green with muscle-relaxing properties (like Botox). It is used as a relaxing tea that has a few health benefits in addition to the usual green tea benefits, but I think it would be the perfect tea for spraying on the face as GABA is in many skin care products these days.

I hope you are fully recovered from the pneumonia. That sounds awful.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Briarrose,
I ended up returning mine. I used it for 7 weeks and really didn’t see any difference. On to something else!
Have you tried Nuface? I have the original Myotone and didn’t see much with it either so I’m hesitant to try another microcurrent device. It does get good reviews though so who knows.

Hope you are feeling better.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57- sorry the Titan didn't work for you. It can be discouraging after putting so much time into it. It's a good thing you could return it. No I haven't tried Nuface but I have a Pico Toner which I quit using because it affected my sleep too much. I have meant to try it again just using it on my lower face but haven't got around to it yet. Didn't use it long enough to notice any difference.

Antonia- will be interesting to hear how the GABA tea works out.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Brierrose, it affected your sleep? Any idea why?
I made sure I was counting the days to get it returned in time. I really didn't want to get stuck with it. It was very time consuming. Which would have been fine had it made a difference.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
I never did find out why I reacted in such a way. I know it sounds really odd but from what I've read doing a bit of research at the time was that a few others experienced the same thing. It's definitely not the norm though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |