Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ageless if you Dare - Loulou's Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mona

Don’t feel ignored with the emails – they aren’t the best at answering them but the forum is usually quite helpful – although I haven’t been in quite a while, it was good in the beginning and there were trainers then who answered questions and posted diagrams explaining things. That in its own right was worth the money I paid – and Loli was lovely and couldn’t be more helpful. So I’d say if you had questions re Flexeffect to use their forum rather than email. For some reason, I guess they are busy but they don’t respond to emails much from what I can gather – which is a shame.

For me, I do a bit of everything, but have to say, I’m a lot older than most folk, but I loved the cheek build you get. However for my lower face which is really a problem area, it did little and I had to supplement other exercises for my lower face, so I’m sharing this just for your info. As you may find that your lower face needs other things. Just my take, I get the theory Loulou posts about the cheeks lifting everything up and out – but for lowerface mine needed something else.

Tessie
mona g.
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Dear Tessie,
thank you for answering me so quickly! I was happy to read your message. I will try just Ageless for a certain time to see where it helps me, and if I will need more support at some point I can choose some FE exercises now that I have the program, too.
A few years ago I had stumbled upon Carole Maggio's Facercise and had done it during a few weeks, but I didn't notice anything...and now, when looking at her fotos I saw that she has really changed, I wouldn't have recognised her compared to her older pictures. Also bought Eva Fraser's program but could not get friends with it. So now I really hope to have found the Holy Grail with Ageless;-)
Take care!
Mona
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mona

Absolutely, Ageless is a good program and perhaps its an age thing as I didn't try it till I was in my 60's.
It really built up my cheeks but did nothing for my lower face despite trying it for a while, and friends had similar results.

I tried Maggios Facercise after Aprile spoke so highly of them but could never get a grip on them or the results that so many posted about. Also the widening and thinning exercises just seemed to be imaginery and I never saw any change or any documented evidence that they actually did this. Not eve in the photos which I thought were really bad and questionable. However I also noticed that even though Aprile was a fan of them, she quickly switched when the Ageless spray and other devices were spoken about and so don't know if she still does them or not but they obviously weren't enough for her.

Edited to add the "Ageless Spray" isn't part of the Ageless if You Dare exercises. Its something else that was around and there was a huge thread on it somewhere but it just sounded a bit too strange for my liking and the price tag was very steep.

Tessie
mona g.
5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tessie,

did you finally have success lifting the lower part of the face with another method? For how long are you doing Ageless now?
I read somewhere that sometimes results can show after a few years of training...so never give up! One has to be very confident though to exercise without seing results, going on just by trusting the method and the promised fruit;-)
I did not like the way Carole Maggio physically changed over the years, I would not like myself to change personality through exercising the face, even if it would leave me wrinkle free.
So I will go on doing Ageless on a daily basis during 5 days a week and the massage on the weekends (if I can hold back from exercising).

I wish you, Tessie, and all the others on this forum a happy weekend, full of joy and laughter:-)

Mona
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:53 am      Reply with quote
I don’t follow any one program singlularly but do bits of each program that work for my own face. I think that’s the thing the more you learn and do, the more you see what works and what doesn’t and after all that’s how a lot of programs are created. I like to do bits from a lot of different programs. How long have I been doing Ageless – not sure but I jumped on it when it first showed up if that’s any indicators, but I’ve also done other programs too. For me, I do bits that I enjoy that work particular features so I do some facial magic, some shape your face, some FlexEffect, some Ageless, some Face Aerobics etc. I also do other things like the Yumana Face ball etc. A large part of my routine does seem to be the FlexEffect program because I like that it caters for bone and skin too and not a lot of other programs seem to do that and well I’m in my 70’s now and so I need all the help I can get.

For me, I saw her on tv and there was something odd looking about her. I know Aprile was a huge fan and sang her praises and said she was a trained aesthetician and took hormones etc which is why she aged well, but the clip I saw on tv really put me off.

I know what you mean re holding back, but I learned the hard way and trust me – you want to have some rest time. Nowadays I rarely need to do 5x a week but then I’ve done this for many years. I do it every 2 or 3 days because that’s all my face needs. I really like the Yumana ball and the changes that does and that works bone too and my old face needs it. I also love the No Lipo Lipo method and the Ageless Body routine too – they are quick and easy for me, which is great as I’m impatient and if it takes too long I get bored and forget.
mona g.
5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Tessie:-)
mona g.
5% products discount

Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share my positive thoughts on this lovely Sunday morning (I'm in Berlin/Germany, and we had a looong rainy and cloudy autumn and winter, and now it's over, yeahhhh!!!).
It's been roughly a week that I have started with Ageless, and I can see results right after having performed the exercises - later, with the kind help of gravity everything comes back to normal which is logical.
But I can feel the tightness under the saggy flesh, so it gives me hope, Joanna;-)
After the exercises my under eye bags are smaller, too. Of course it will take a long time and patience to see long lasting results but if I don't do any exercises at all it won't get better anyway! The lymph accumulating under the eyes during the night might also be some food intolerance. If I cannot get rid of the dear little bags with exercise over time, I will try to give up dairy and see if that's a part of the problem. But for now I love cheese too much and hope I will be able to keep indulging in it for the rest of my looong ageless life;-)

I wish you all a lovely day and the very best results with the wonderful Ageless method! Thanks again for this lifechanging gift, Loulou!!!

Mona
rudmon
5% products discount

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:14 am      Reply with quote
is it possible to do the exercises while having fillers and botox?
mona g.
5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:22 am      Reply with quote
In Traditional Chinese Medicine the liquid accumulation under the eyes can also reveal a deficiency of the kidney energy. That explains why little children sometimes have eye bags, too, in their case it surely isn‘t the sagging muscle. It surely is helpful in this case to see a TCM practitioner, it can be helpful for the success of facial exercise in this face area:-)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I remember one of the trainers or moderators on the old Ageless forum discussed this one time.
I think she said that you could do them but that they would dissipate the fillers quicker as a result but her thinking was that the muscle you created would fill in the area where the fillers were anway.
I dont know if she is still around but Loulou can probably answer your question moreso.

rudmon wrote:
is it possible to do the exercises while having fillers and botox?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:24 am      Reply with quote
What about NLs? These used to be the bain of my life but have gone completely now (I'm pleased to say).
I'm curious as to what these symbolise?
mona g. wrote:
In Traditional Chinese Medicine the liquid accumulation under the eyes can also reveal a deficiency of the kidney energy. That explains why little children sometimes have eye bags, too, in their case it surely isn‘t the sagging muscle. It surely is helpful in this case to see a TCM practitioner, it can be helpful for the success of facial exercise in this face area:-)
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 am      Reply with quote
NL - Nasalobial lines normally indicate according to TCM that the stomache and spleen need support. How did you get rid of them?

5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tessie,
the NL folds can be indicators of a weak digestive function; in this situation it is best to avoid too many raw and cold foods (for example huge salads, too many smoothies, foods that come out of the fridge, ice cream Sad and cold/iced drinks. Prefer light meals, warm and comforting and delicious, made with good ingredients and love:-)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Thats interesting as it doesn't really fit for me as I never had digestive problems. I never really intended to get rid of the NLs as I thought I would always have them, but it was the cross stretching flex effect technique that definitely got rid of them for me.
I had been exercising for 10 plus years and they didn't bother me, as my mother had them and her mother before her so I just kind of expected to get them.
It was when the 3rd edition first came out and Kassy inspired me to do it moreso and I did it in the beginning daily as i liked the feeling and my dear hubby made a comment one morning about them being less and I ran to the mirror and looked and he was right.
They literally went within a few weeks.
mona g. wrote:
Hi Tessie,
the NL folds can be indicators of a weak digestive function; in this situation it is best to avoid too many raw and cold foods (for example huge salads, too many smoothies, foods that come out of the fridge, ice cream Sad and cold/iced drinks. Prefer light meals, warm and comforting and delicious, made with good ingredients and love:-)
mona g.
5% products discount

Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tessie,

I am happy you got rid of your NL folds:-)
I have thad hem since I was in my twenties, they just got deeper with time.
What precise exercise did you do daily until they disappeared?

I have a question concerning the neck exercise, when you pull on the skin and contract the platysma muscle: what do you precisely do to contract it? I am pressing the tongue to the palate and I'm not sure if it is the right movement, but it's the only thing that works for me.

And doing the upper eye lid lifting is not easy either, I can't hold the upper lid because it is very tight on the eye ball, instead I can get hold of the quite flabby skin right above, but I'm not so sure it's effective this way.

Any thought about what I could do to get better?

Have a happy Sunday:-)

Mona

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mona

I started exercises in my 50’s after dramatic weight loss and have been doing them for some twenty plus years now. I share this because it’s important information. I never intended to get rid of my nls and as I said I always had them.

I have always been aggressive with my face because I had major sag. My skin was always good and I have worked with a fern since my 20’s. so I share this simply because it highlights stuff that people will often get asked by others.

So for me - any you probably won’t like this - it was the flexeffect cross stretching that I think did it. However I had handled my face aggressively and so when it first came out myself and others dived in. I did it daily (something they don’t say on dvd) however I was one of several who did it. At the time I liked how it felt and I wasn’t doing it to get rid of anything. It happened some time after that. I later learned that technique has to have 2 days rest between session. Nowadays I follow that guideline. I know it’s not their recommendation but it worked for me.

Tessie
mona g. wrote:
Hi Tessie,

I am happy you got rid of your NL folds:-)
I have thad hem since I was in my twenties, they just got deeper with time.
What precise exercise did you do daily until they disappeared?

I have a question concerning the neck exercise, when you pull on the skin and contract the platysma muscle: what do you precisely do to contract it? I am pressing the tongue to the palate and I'm not sure if it is the right movement, but it's the only thing that works for me.

And doing the upper eye lid lifting is not easy either, I can't hold the upper lid because it is very tight on the eye ball, instead I can get hold of the quite flabby skin right above, but I'm not so sure it's effective this way.

Any thought about what I could do to get better?

Have a happy Sunday:-)

Mona
Lenny cant
5% products discount

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi y’all. I have to disagree with TM. No massage has worked for me while the Ageless programme has blasted my n/ls and although I’m I guy I keep up with lots of women (and two guys) on here, and it works for them too.

Linesnose to mouth are caused by the cheeks dropping down over the mouth area. Loulous exercises pull the flesh up and out , getting rid of the overhang. Try pulling up and out with your hands and see the lines or folds disappear!

This is how I dealt with them, and my female friends have had similar success, as well as eradicating jowls, heavy lower face and sagging neck. Up and out... Ageless is the bomb!
LC 😊😊🤗
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2018 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Dear Lenny

Can I ask how old you are? You see this is really relevant.

For me I didn't come to facial exercises till I hit my 50's and then it was after I lost a lot of weight and sag was my major concern. A lot of hte pros out there say NLs are genetics and for me I had always resigned myself to having them, it wasn't a concern more a matter of fact that I would.
I did Ageless massage for some time, and other massages like Tanaka and Flexeffect. I have also been doing exercises for the past 20 years so its highly unlikely in my case it was sag.

So I hate to diagree but from personal experience I know that "Lines nose to mouth are caused by the cheeks dropping down over the mouth area" is untrue in my case and many others I have seen and met over the years. Whilst Loulous exercises do indeed pull the flesh up and out - NLs are not always about sag sadly.
This is also why I asked the poster about TCM as I am always interested in them having had them for so long myself.

Lenny cant wrote:
Hi y’all. I have to disagree with TM. No massage has worked for me while the Ageless programme has blasted my n/ls and although I’m I guy I keep up with lots of women (and two guys) on here, and it works for them too.

Linesnose to mouth are caused by the cheeks dropping down over the mouth area. Loulous exercises pull the flesh up and out , getting rid of the overhang. Try pulling up and out with your hands and see the lines or folds disappear!

This is how I dealt with them, and my female friends have had similar success, as well as eradicating jowls, heavy lower face and sagging neck. Up and out... Ageless is the bomb!
LC 😊😊🤗
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Tue May 01, 2018 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Lenny cant,

Thanks for your post. Very inspiring to know that other have success with the method.

How long did you do the exercises until you saw major changes?

NL have never be a big concern since my entire family have them. I noticed though they can get lesser when I am changing my diet. That is why some posters mentioned Tradition Chinese Medicine. So it is fascinating to see that there is more than one road to Rome. So I am very happy to hear about any hints to these changes.

5% products discount

Wed May 02, 2018 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

could you please help me out by explaining how to lift the neck muscle in the neck exercise ("beautiful neck") from the second day?

The only way I manage to move it is by pressing the tongue to the palate, but then I can't speak anymore Wink

Thank you, have a lovely day and have as much fun as I do with the exercises!

Mona

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 03, 2018 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mona 😊

I discovered by experience that attempting the exercise is effective in itself. There were several muscles I couldn’t ‘feel’when I started facial exercise, but just having a go at them was effective in terms of rejuvenating my face.

Within a few weeks everyone learns to isolate the muscles they need. I’ve recommended this approach to many clients, just trying will work both short term (you’re strengthening a very weak muscle in the process of trying), and at the same time you’ll be improving your execution of the exercise.

As Cher said on her Cher fitness video, ‘you don’t have to do it perfect... you just have to do it’

LL x 😎

Thu May 03, 2018 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone wave

Thank you so much for this thread. I've been lurking for a while, this is my first post.

I just started with this programme, having bought the Easy Ten a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to read through it first to understand the logic. Now I've done day 1 and day 2 a couple of times.

Too early to speak results but I have to say, I really like those little exercises! They are so simple and fun to do. The time efficiency is a great bonus, as I also aim to sneak in my NuFace routine beforehand Wink

I think it is genius to have you grab the flesh: one can really feel the muscle structure, giving a whole new understanding of the exercises.

The only one really challenging I find to be the lift eyelid, because I can't get hold of any of that eyelid skin! Well, as Loulou says, trying is the best start.

Background: 54, not much wrinkling to speak of but first signs of the dreaded sagging (yuuuuuk) that I want ot fight with all of the arsenal I can get.
Using the NuFace since several years (I don't think it really lifts anything, but probably limits the damage, especially as I lost weight 5 years ago and my face really shrunk, but managed to avoid drooping all the way South)

I just bought a silly RF machine from China (?!??) and I am coveting the Ziip beauty. Yep, I am that desperate. Determined to try a multidisciplinary approach (oh, also taking a collagen supplement lately)

But I am so happy to have a simple, frugal and totally device-free technique at hand. I believe in facial exercises as a cornerstone. Thank you Loulou!
greensmoothies

Fri May 04, 2018 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone, just thought I'd chime in on how I got rid of n/l folds at long last. I got them at 30 and am now 35, this program helps a bit with the cheek movements and what helped completely for me was chewing with my mouth open. I think over a few months of doing this, somehow the muscle usage is just better for me than chewing with mouth closed, and my maxilla is positioned more upwards and outwards. Now I never feel bad about my n/l and hope this tip helps.
mona g. wrote:
Hi everybody,

could you please help me out by explaining how to lift the neck muscle in the neck exercise ("beautiful neck") from the second day?

The only way I manage to move it is by pressing the tongue to the palate, but then I can't speak anymore Wink

Thank you, have a lovely day and have as much fun as I do with the exercises!

Mona

I keep my tongue on the roof of my palate and then I feel as if I'm moving my hyoid bone up and down. Am I doing this exercise correctly? Is it supposed to just tone the neck or does it also help with turkey neck? I used to have forward head posture, corrected it but still got a turkey neck so any tips here appreciated
snookydoops
5% products discount

Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone and Loulou.

I have two questions which I'm hoping you can help with. I'm 49 with a heavy face and few lines but sudden - and frankly - devastating sag. I have several of Lou's programmes but haven't stuck to any of them Embarassed My metabolic health isn't great - in short I'm hypothyroid and chronically stressed following a few years of some personal challenges (now much better) which manifests itself as low energy and brain fog...

Q1. could the stretching of my face have caused the sag due to not being healthy enough to produce the collagen to replace what's been damaged? I also wonder if recent two years of RF have had the same effect for the same reason?

Q2. assuming that it's all behind me and I'm ok to pick this up again, what's the best ageless programme to commit to if I want a balance between fast results and not looking haggard? I have all of the programmes but wondering if my face is too far gone to benefit from the ten?

Thanks in advance of any advice. xx
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2018 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Is there any reason you should not do the exercises twice a day if you want more rapid results?

I'm looking at filling the volume of my face after a rapid weight loss due to ill health.

Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |