Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Chin Wrinkled In ONE Day & Hasn't Corrected HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ggtjanuary

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am 47 years old, I thought I had good skin, 3 mo ago I caught the Flu & was in bed for 1 & a half day severly sick/throwing-up. I know I lost an excessive amount of water but I feel something else happened to my face. When I got well I looked in the mirror & my chin was drawn-in with long lines & my face wrinkled up, I mean wrinkles like long thin cuts & indents, one is vertical about 2 inches long under my bottom lip. Freaked me out I look 10 years older in ONE DAY, so I started drinking tons of water (90oz a day) & soaked in creams day/night, and then I ordered/shopped for the best creams I could find. For 2.5 mos now I've started putting "SkinMedics" cream on my chin (& all over face), steam my face, use hydrating masks, exfoliating, vitamin e-oil with virgin olive oil at night, along with Retinol underneath the creams/oils. My face is not getting much better I can barely wear foundation. I feel like my "elastisity" in my face must have been on the verge of collapsing to show such devistating effects after being sick & loosing water for only a day. The one really bad 2 inch wrinkle under my lip is staying the same.

I am at a loss on what to do, I am thoroughly upset that this happened... am I in a nightmare! I go to the Doctor in the morn, hopefully he can tell me something. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS or products to use.

Thank you so very much!
sunlit
5% products discount

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:03 am      Reply with quote
That seems really odd!! You poor thing - how distressing. You must have been really unwell!! All i can think of is your cells may not have been functioning normally during the illness and that effected the skin quality????

If that's the case and your body is returning to it's normal healthy state the cells would start functioning normally and once you've gone through a skin cycle (6 weeks) your skin will repair itself?? I'm totally guessing here!! Maybe try getting your skin moving faster with retin-a or a glycolic cream or peel and see if it improves.

I've had amazing results with the MD Forte Glycolic Lotion, they don't irritate me like the retin-a did (my derm told me to have break from it) and got my skin moving and almost gotten rid of the beginning of nasolabial folds and firmed my skin up.- maybe give something like that a go? It may kick start your skin to start functioning better.

I's sure it will get better, the body is amazing at it's ability to heal itself. Take Care
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Could it be due to intense dehydration? If I were you, I'd make sure I got plenty of fluids to get back to normal.

Hope you're feeling better soon and that you see an improvement before too long.
ggtjanuary

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Thank you
I will try all the advice, I am on my way to the Doctor right now when I return I will update y'all. I am going to ask about Retin A also, maybe I am going thru menapause too, probably a combination of things hits all at once. I probably need to give it more time to heal as mentioned above, it's very hard to wait when you look in the mirror with such sudden shock!
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I used a facial mask one day and placed it under my eyes. I swear when I washed it off, one eye had crepiness under it, like cross-hatching, that I had never noticed before. It was awful.

I think the stuff I used was too strong for the under-eye area and damaged my skin. I had also lost weight previously so I guess everything hit at once.

I will be interested in hearing back as to what your doctor says.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
You should try facial massage especially around your mouth. This should help stimulate your cells and hopefully will quicken the fix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Hyaluronic-Acid-with-Chondroitin-Sulfate-60-Capsules/4457?at=0 this helps to plump up wrinkles and it cured my trigger finger
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
could it be the line has always been there, and the illness makes the lines more pronounced. and also you know when you are not well, you see the flaws on the face even more. Its seems strange for it too appear overnight. I am just speaking from my own experience here! when im not well, god the lines etc seem awful, put hey once im up and about, a bit of eyeliner and lippie, and it doesnt seem so bad after all. Hope you get to the bottom of it, whatever it is. Smile
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi......could i ask whether your a slender woman?...i.e... didnt have much fat on your face prior to this episode?
ggtjanuary

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
jedder wrote:
Hi......could i ask whether your a slender woman?...i.e... didnt have much fat on your face prior to this episode?

YES, I am very thin 5'6", 115 lbs, I don't have much fat on my face even when I gain weight & I have promonent bone features. I probably don't have much water in my face or fat to maintain elasticity.... Not sure tho.

I went to the Doc, he's running tests for kidney problems or turning diabetic since I am not holding water and I noticed I lost some hair too. He looked at my face & was very concerned, I see the Dr. every few months so he recognized the extreme change in my chin. I am now even starting to get an "orange-peel" bumpy looking chin that developed in the last few days, I thought I was breaking out but looked closer & it's actually lumpy skin. I may not have noticed before but now has become more prominent. It's like everything is moving fast.

I'm still believing tho the illness was just a shock to my skin & it will take time to heal. I read on the internet most people that suddenly get wrinkles or illness issues & use Retinol or other creams to correct it usually takes at least 6 months to start noticing a difference.

thanks
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I suspected you may have been a slender woman...... it seems the only way to explain this strange episode. Even though your illness was short - it seemed extreme.....throwing up, severe dehydration, a lack of water and food intake presumably? Your body has probably begun to use its own fat to support itself...maybe causing loss of fat from the face, revealing the wrinkles?? Its the best i can come up with anyway!
I think the best bet would be to get juvederm injections to fill the wrinkles immediately, preventing further damage.
In the long term, i would concentrate on gaining weight to fill out the face and use retin a to smooth the skin somewhat.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
ggtjanuary, I know exactly how you feel. My skin change came about through chemotherapy, so it was more gradual, but when I was finished with treatment, my skin looked like someone had crumpled up a sheet of aluminum foil and then tried to smooth it out. I had always looked young for my age and all of a sudden, I looked 90!! Completely wrinkled all over, and very thin and fragile. I'm very slender too, so I didn't have lots of facial fat either. It did take some time to repair this, but you will be happy to know that my skin today looks better (and much thicker) than it did before I was diagnosed with cancer. I'm well, my skin is healthy, supple, firm and hydrated, and those all-over facial wrinkles are completely gone. I also had deep grooves running from the corners of my mouth to my jawline - my daughter called them "pain lines." They too are virtually gone. Just tiny fine lines now, and even those are disappearing.

I'm very glad you went to the doctor, as a sudden change of this sort could be caused by any number of things. Just see to your health first and foremost, and realize that your body was trying to tell you something. Thank goodness you listened, went to the doctor and have had tests done.

I promise you, if my skin could be remodeled, it's possible for anyone. My skin was as thin as a one-ply tissue - chemo is notorious for thinning the skin horribly. Your face will bounce back. Just don't give up and don't stop believing in your body's amazing ability to heal. Until you get your test results, it might be best to just continue to hydrate your body and moisturize your skin as you have been. If he gives you the okay, I would recommend massage and drybrushing. Sometimes the changes we see in our skin are due to toxins and those we can remove with our own hands. Keep your spirits up and please let us know how you're doing! ~ JJ

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry to hear what you went through jjbeacham, but glad that you are better. You have just given me great hope, and the way you explained it is exactly like my chin & other spots... a crumpled up sheet of aluminum foil, and the grooves running down, etc. I hate it that I feel so superficial but it is consuming my thoughts wondering if everyone is thinking I look much older than I use to, but most of all the wondering about what health issues is this, it's very overwhelming. I know you understand.

Other than the natural healing time, was there any type of face cream that helped you the most in the process?? I go back to the Dr in a few days, thank you.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:42 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham i'd love to know too how you corrected the problem with your skin becoming thin after the chemo. thanks a bunch.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I could list everything that I tried, but the most important and effective were: One year after treatment (& it was actually far too early for this) I went on the Obagi NuDerm system, which taught me about Tretinoin (retin-a 0.05%) and Vitamin C - stayed on it for 2 years, but was red and flaky constantly. Today, I know to apply hempseed oil over the retin-a (45 min. later) and I have no redness or flakes; I studied actives and made DIY eye, day and night creams with ingredients from Skinactives and Lotioncrafter; did and still do glycolic acid peels; I began the Oil Cleansing Method; drybrushing (increased skin thickness unbelievably) and facial exercise; and recently, started using SkinBiology's Skin Signals (very firming and refining) with emu oil over it, and I began dermarolling with very small needles to get more out of my products.

I also apply peptides to areas of concern, and I am a big proponent of supplements - for the skin, I take Vitamin C, MSM, BioSil, gelatin capsules, Hydraplenish hyaluronic acid, pearl powder and lots of 3-6-9 Omegas and other beneficial oils (such as Borage Oil, Coconut Oil and Walnut Oil). I had to learn about my skin in order to help it.

The first year after treatment, as the poisons were leaving my body, I used Lancome's Absolue. It was a new product then, and I felt I need the wild yam that was one of the ingredients. Slathered my face in it day and night. It was the first step for me on the road back to good skin. Please remember that at that point, I didn't have access to EDS, and there are far better products available to you now.

Right now, you need to know why this happened to you because if you don't have your health, it is not going to matter quite as much what your skin looks like. So get to the bottom of the change in your skin with your doctor. In the meantime, I would use some of the oils to deeply moisturize the skin such as rosehip seed oil, avocado oil, emu oil and hempseed oil. They cannot hurt you, no matter what your diganosis turns out to be. And if your doctor says it's okay, begin drybrushing morning and night. That is the one thing I credit for really thickening my skin, and it happens very quickly. I use the brush attachment part of my Clarisonic (removed and held in my hand).

Once you know why this happened, we can figure out the perfect skincare to rejuvenate your skin. You have this incredible forum at your disposal, so you won't be floundering in the dark as I was. You should have lots of hope, as this is only a temporary problem, at least as far as looks go. I will keep you in my prayers that it turns out to be a simple imbalance of some kind. Then you can get to work! And remember, if we didn't all have a bit of vanity, there would be no forum. ~~ JJ Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
GGT ~ How are things going. I ran accross this thread and am interested to find out if your doctor found the reason for you skin issue. Did you find anything that helped you? I hope you are well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear about your illness!
Are you sure you are getting enough nutrition? Water is great but taking oils (like Omega 3) is important for the skin.
Try eating fat fish like salmon, try spirulina (and other Powerfoods) pumkin and flax seeds are great too.
I believe that building your skin from the inside is as important as from the outside.
Exercise helps too, get the oxygen flowing, and waste toxins
Mysage

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I know this is an old post link, but I am going through a VERY similar situation and was hoping someone could tell me what the doctor’s results were or the conclusion. I have gone to the doctor, but he didn’t think much of it. I would really appreciate your help! Thank you.
Beebea

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have the same chin wrinkling and spontaneous like scaring and I can't find any information online.

My doctor didn't really even look and brushed my wrinkling and indentations off as "aging". I know for certain it's NOT.

Please let me know what you have found out, if anything. I will also let you know if I find any information as to what it could be.

I'm 47 and before my chin started almost disintegrating I had the following symptoms.

Virus 6 months prior (1 week of bed rest, no energy, nausea)
Scalp buildup and "waxy" feel to hair
Clogged and enlarged pores on face
Pores on chin and eyebrows feel like they're have a hard sharp tiny hair stuck in some.of them but can't see anything (just feels like splinter type thing sticking out of pores that I can feel when I run fingernail over it)
Beebea

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mysage wrote:
Hi, I know this is an old post link, but I am going through a VERY similar situation and was hoping someone could tell me what the doctor’s results were or the conclusion. I have gone to the doctor, but he didn’t think much of it. I would really appreciate your help! Thank you.

Any additional information you may have would be much appreciated as this chin destruction is getting very depressing.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
More massage will help.
gcoger

Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Facial massage is a good idea especially around the mouth area. It can help do a facelift and stimulate the cells. This will hopefully fix the problem.
gcoger

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Beebea wrote:
Mysage wrote:
Hi, I know this is an old post link, but I am going through a VERY similar situation and was hoping someone could tell me what's the best microcurrent machine and doctor’s results were or the conclusion. I have gone to the doctor, but he didn’t think much of it. I would really appreciate your help! Thank you.

Any additional information you may have would be much appreciated as this chin destruction is getting very depressing.

Hi,

I just managed to get a facelift toning device for myself. Used it for a week and this helped me tone my skin a bit. I see a 10% improvement in my situation. I hope this helps!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear. I do wish the original poster had come back with results from the doctor.

Mysage wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |