Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which sunscreen do you use and love?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:10 am      Reply with quote
I use Luzern Broad Spectrum SPF30 Mineral Sunscreen and love it! You can buy it here on Essential Day Spa website. Love the texture and does great on my skin! But interested to hear about you guys opinion on your favorite sunscreen...
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:11 am      Reply with quote
My favourite sunscreens are ones that cannot be seen. Unfortunately, they also do not work very effectively, or contain nanoparticles.

For effectiveness, zinc oxide sunscreens cannot be beaten IMO.
CatIndigo
5% products discount

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I know that what I'm about to say is pure heresy, but I don't use sunscreen. I don't like all those chemicals on me.

I am a walker which means I'm outside [for miles] BUT, I wear a big hat, long sleeves, and walk in the shade.

I'm in my late 70s and have very smooth skin. Obviously a LOT of that has to be due to genes, and my oily skin, but, I am admittedly a skin care addict. I'm very sensitive to creams/lotions, get rashes and cysts if I use the wrong thing - and that can be from an expensive line. I never know; it hits me on the third day of use. So, I use Biologique Recherche, Cellcosmet, Ren, La Roche Posay, Emma Hardie. But - no sun screen, even in my B-B cream. I'd break out if I did.

I think being careful with sun exposure is the best solution - for me at least. I certainly didn't take such care when I was younger.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:42 am      Reply with quote
It will be great to see which ones you guys are making work everyday....I honestly hate putting on spf but I do religiously everyday.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 am      Reply with quote
CatIndigo wrote:
I know that what I'm about to say is pure heresy, but I don't use sunscreen. I don't like all those chemicals on me.

I am a walker which means I'm outside [for miles] BUT, I wear a big hat, long sleeves, and walk in the shade.

I'm in my late 70s and have very smooth skin. Obviously a LOT of that has to be due to genes, and my oily skin, but, I am admittedly a skin care addict. I'm very sensitive to creams/lotions, get rashes and cysts if I use the wrong thing - and that can be from an expensive line. I never know; it hits me on the third day of use. So, I use Biologique Recherche, Cellcosmet, Ren, La Roche Posay, Emma Hardie. But - no sun screen, even in my B-B cream. I'd break out if I did.

I think being careful with sun exposure is the best solution - for me at least. I certainly didn't take such care when I was younger.

Thank you. I am also in my 70s and blessed with great genes (Chinese, English, Indian (Asian)) and I hate sunscreens. I did try very hard this year but decided to go down the same route as you - very large hat, long sleeves & gloves when I am out gardening. Seemed to work well and now having read your post I don't feel guilty!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
I use Luzern Broad Spectrum SPF30 Mineral Sunscreen and love it! You can buy it here on Essential Day Spa website. Love the texture and does great on my skin! But interested to hear about you guys opinion on your favorite sunscreen...

Is this the sunscreen you like? Does it have a white cast or slight tint?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/luzern-broad-spectrum-spf-p_19846.htm

The ingredients look good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 am      Reply with quote
shiseido wetforce for children has worked well on my sensitive skin, and also on my son's. The disadvantage is the obvious white color on my face....

looking for a better replacement....

bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
CatIndigo wrote:

I too have/had oily skin and hate wearing SPF and basically only do when it is summer and when I have done some treatments.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
I always use 15 SPF with good results.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered one from Environ. See how it goes. It's supposed to be very light.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Drink green tea before sunning and apply vit. c and E. After sunning apply vit A derivative (like Retin A). Wear a hat and a rash guard suit if you are sensitive.

I believe that most sunscreens are at least somewhat toxic and prevent you from getting your vit D.
mwilson569
5% products discount

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Nivea watermelon software 50 from japan
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2018 2:53 am      Reply with quote
I always use Lotus Herbals Safe Sun 3 In 1 Matte-Look Daily Sun block.
Takayama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I like Shiseido Anessa Gold. Long lasting waterproof and never get dark by using it.
PatKyle
5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I love The Priceline home brand one in the orange bottle
julieswan

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I have one from Environ too!
EvaLi
5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I always use Hawaiian Tropic.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:30 am      Reply with quote
EvaLi wrote:
I always use Hawaiian Tropic.

Full name? Hawaiian Tropic has a few.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Vivier Triple protection sunscreen. GOes on a bit white but it settles pretty quickly within a few minutes. and for a sunscreen with zinc in it, it actually doesnt dry your skin out.

For more active/water activities, we use what my son calls the Piggy sunscreen from Belly Buttons & Babies
Richa94
5% products discount

Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I personally go for sunscreens, depending on its SPF.D ermatologists recommends sunscreen between 15-30 SPF. Sunscreen I personally love is Coppertone sports lotion 15.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I like to you use Bare Minerals Prep Step Mineral Shield SPF 50. it is very good and light.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Filorga UV defence is one of my go-to products.
JE_FR

Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I use 2 which I really like. One of them is by a Dutch brand called Uncover Skincare, it has an SPF of 30 and tinosorb s and m.

The other one is by a brand called Biodermal (not to be confused with Bioderma) and also contains both tinosorbs in the SPF 50 (but in the SPF 30 it only contains one of them).
LizieCarrel

Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I use this product and is very nice I send this link that you can easily find it.
It is best for acne treatment also.
bare minerals-complexion-rescue-tinted hydrating gel cream SPF 30
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:44 am      Reply with quote
To answer your question, I love the brand from ZO Skin Health. I love using the primer + spf a lot during the winter and the higher spf from spring right up to the winter season.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |