Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
I use derma pen and ReAura. My reasoning for this is that laser, while having many benefits, is said to thin the skin. Needling is said to thicken the skin. Just covering all the bases.

At the same time? (Like a derma pen treatment in the middle of a ReAura series?)

I have both too, but would not use them together. That is what I thought Anne above meant, but I may be wrong.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question about removing the numbing cream before rolling and I'm hoping someone can help. How do you remove it? I have been wiping it off with a damp washcloth and then using rubbing alcohol to make sure that I have removed all traces of it. However, I find that when I do this the numbing effect wears off way to fast. Any help would be appreciated as I'm about to do a roll in the next few days and would like to get the most gain for the pain Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:25 am      Reply with quote
ReAura and Derma Pen - not at the same time - Yikes!!!

I am trying to do a ReAura treatment series (8 weeks) then a derma pen treatment, then rest for a month before starting ReAura again. But I sort of have rhino skin, this probably wouldn't work for everyone. And of course "life" imposes many interruptions.

I am talking about deeper type needling. The first few times, I proceeded cautiously and had no visible marks from my treatment the next day. Perhaps that type of needling could be combined ...

At this point, after using ReAura for over a year, I am beginning to think that fewer inflammatory days might be better in the long run. It has really cleaned up my pigmentation issues and wrought some textural changes, but I have probably entered the maintenance stage and could get by with less. Understandably when I found a tool so effective for my issues I was in a hurry to get the maximum benefit. In spite of the excitement generated by the remarkable improvements afforded by laser (and needling) I have come the realization that it is just as important to give skin time to rest and recover as to treat it. So in future I will probably do less laser and more needling.

Information regarding optimal depth and frequency of needling is constantly being adjusted, I just try to keep myself informed and use that information as I see benefits my skin - which is different from other individuals.

I was thinking of you, Bethany, when I did my last ReAura treatment. The top part of my forearms has improved so much that the underside started to look bad in comparison, so as an experiment I lasered that area. For the first time I experienced the intense reaction that more sensitive types see on their facial skin. Just goes to show, one has to adjust for individual/area tolerance. I certainly won't be using the highest setting there any more!

best, m
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:36 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
I have a question about removing the numbing cream before rolling and I'm hoping someone can help. How do you remove it? I have been wiping it off with a damp washcloth and then using rubbing alcohol to make sure that I have removed all traces of it. However, I find that when I do this the numbing effect wears off way to fast. Any help would be appreciated as I'm about to do a roll in the next few days and would like to get the most gain for the pain Smile

Hi doodles- do you use plastic (ziplock type) freezer bags cut up in pieces to cover the numbing cream? For me that made a difference on how long and complete the numbing feeling lasted. I kept the area covered until I was ready to roll and then wipe off the area with cotton soaked with saline solution and then wiped again with a alcohol soaked pad.

I have found by using the My-m instead of a roller I can now get by without numbing cream but I do have a real high tolerance for pain so this probably isn't for everyone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Cookie. I have not tried the freezer bag trick so I will give that a go. I am still using a manual roller at the moment although I do want to upgrade to an auto-needling device. I was just about to order the DermaJet when the *&%$% hit the fan, so I am glad I dodged that bullet. Are you happy with your My-M? I guess I may end up ordering one of them if there aren't any other options out there.

You must have tough skin! I can't imagine doing this without something to numb the pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:24 am      Reply with quote
doodles wrote:
Thanks for the reply Cookie. I have not tried the freezer bag trick so I will give that a go. I am still using a manual roller at the moment although I do want to upgrade to an auto-needling device. I was just about to order the DermaJet when the *&%$% hit the fan, so I am glad I dodged that bullet. Are you happy with your My-M? I guess I may end up ordering one of them if there aren't any other options out there.

You must have tough skin! I can't imagine doing this without something to numb the pain.

I am happy with the My-m but it isn't the be all and end all of the electric type pens. I like that it is less painful and pokes a lot more holes in the skin then I would do if using a manual roller. I also like the disposable needles. I use the 1.5mm setting almost everywhere except the under eye area and forehead. I can not glide the pen at that depth and I never tried to glide it at a lower setting under my eye because I would be afraid I would poke my eye out. Laughing The gliding motion was BY FAR the best thing about the DermaJet. I would be open to buying another electric pen if someone finds one that is not too expensive and is able to glide at the highest speed and 1.5mm setting.

As far as results from dermarolling, since it is the title of this thread (sorry for going off topic) I have seen a small decrease in my under eye area hollows. Better skin texture. A small decrease in my NF.

I haven't seen any differences in neck rings, forehead lines or lip lines. My big hope is to increase collagen enough to help with sag in my lower jowl area but I think that is probably a pipe dream. Sad

Overall I am happy that I started dermarolling. I think it is one of a handful of things I have learned from EDS that I can see actually results from. I remember when I first read about it. I thought you guys were nuts. I think I had the bigger rollers for over a year before I finally took the plunge. After my first roll I wondered why I waited so long. It certainly wasn't a pleasant experience but it was not as bad as I had built it up in my head.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:34 am      Reply with quote

do you use plastic (ziplock type) freezer bags cut up in pieces to cover the numbing cream? For me that made a difference on how long and complete the numbing feeling lasted. I kept the area covered until I was ready to roll and then wipe off the area with cotton soaked with saline solution and then wiped again with a alcohol soaked pad.

This is the only thing that worked for me and I found that the thicker the plastic, the better. Now I use industrial type plastic.

Sounds strange, but it works for some reason.

BFG
Anne5899
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany and Mismis, yes I did mean using Derma-roller, albeit gently at the same time as using Reaura (not on same day). I have done 2 full cycles of Reaura and just wondered if the addition of Dermaroller would add to the results.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 am      Reply with quote
For myself, I wouldn't. Here is my reasoning: With ReAura they clearly state that you can use it two days a week, providing there is at least 48 hours between treatments. To me that means having some return to equilibrium before adding more stress. Just because I like the idea of creating inflammation as a stimulus, I tend to do two treatments about 48 hours apart to create maximum allowable inflamation, then allow my skin to rest and rejuvenate for the rest of the week. Someone here (was it you, Cookie?) tried contracting the treatment time by doing three treatments a week to a total of 16 treatments - it is possible to do that and still allow the 48 hour wait time. I think the conclusion was that it was not a better protocol.

I then add the needling treatments at the end over about a week and let my skin recover for a month. At least that is what I aim for, life does get in the way!

If you are rolling lightly for product penetration why not add your topicals after your ReAura treatment? The skin is a bit inflamed and the enhanced blood flow might help take up product.

All that being said, your skin is different than mine! If your feeling is that your skin would benefit, why not experiment and come back and tell us? There are some who can only tolerate one ReAura treatment a week at a low setting, perhaps you are at the other end of the spectrum and your skin type and metabolism recovers very quickly.
Anne5899
5% products discount

Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mismis, I do think my skin is pretty resilient. With the Reaura I was able to use setting 3 right away and any redness after treatment settles down within an hour or so. However, if no one else has actually tried combining both treatments then I think I will play safe and hold off till I finish an 8 week treatment session. My reason for buying the Derma-roller was to treat a couple of old acne scars which so far the Reaura hasn't really touched. Maybe another few 8 week treatments will give more improvement.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
marta1 wrote:
I have really great results with dermarolling and single needling my old, white stretch marks. They faded so much that they are almost invisible.

I'm really happy to hear this.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Needling has descreased my frown lines considerably - so much that I no longer need Botox in that area.

Needling eliminated two age spots that began to appear on my hand - no need for expensive topicals or gadgets to deal with these.

Needling saves me money.

BFG

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
BFG...are you using the HA while rolling/MY-M ing? I watched a dermapen training video and they say to use this also for gliding of the pen. The holes don't stay open that long to absorb product.

Also for your noticable results, how long have you been rolling? Frequency?

I am thinking about starting, but I will use the electric pen.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Environ ACE oil while I use the My-M, but have heard of others using the HA gel.

I needled intermittently in the past, but faithfully since January, about once per month for a deep needling

BFG

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you heard recent talk of deep needling creating damage long-term to the skin? Apparently this is the new buzz in some esthetician circles. The discussion also goes to the use of retin-a, acid peels, microdermabrasion and the like.
I haven't used my longer needles since I've heard this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:40 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Have any of you heard recent talk of deep needling creating damage long-term to the skin? Apparently this is the new buzz in some esthetician circles. The discussion also goes to the use of retin-a, acid peels, microdermabrasion and the like.
I haven't used my longer needles since I've heard this.

While I haven’t heard this, I would expect that it could be true, IF you include the word “excessive”, and then you could include lots of other things as well. Isn’t it really about moderation and balance? I doubt that a couple of microdermabrasion treatments over the course of a year would cause long term damage to the skin, but lots of frequent ones probably could/would - same with acid peels, same with deep needling, same with exercise, same with nutritional supplements - the list goes on. The key is finding the right frequency of use and that is an individual thing.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Panda. I believe people start having problems if they do any kind of skin damaging treatments to close together or too often.

Unfortunately some skincare people care more about booking a series of different treatments, then the health of their clients skin. Clients can also think if some is good, more must be better. I think some of the products that are available on the Internet are fairly strong and people don't spend the time to educate themselves about the best and safest way to use these products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
I agree with Panda. I believe people start having problems if they do any kind of skin damaging treatments to close together or too often.

Unfortunately some skincare people care more about booking a series of different treatments, then the health of their clients skin. Clients can also think if some is good, more must be better. I think some of the products that are available on the Internet are fairly strong and people don't spend the time to educate themselves about the best and safest way to use these products.

Well said.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Well said.

Agreed!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Too much of anything's not good for anybody.

Smells like a smear campaign to me.

BFG

5% products discount

Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm using a 1.5 mm derma roller and my results have been great so far. Fine lines under the eye area and forehead are vanishing, melasma and skin tone have so much improved. Maybe this sounds strange, but I haven't noticed how uneven my skin tone was before it got so much better.

Since January of this year I'm doing a very intense rolling every 4-6 weeks, with lots of blood pricks all over my face, I'm looking pretty sunburned for 1-2 days after the rolling.

But boy it really is worth the pain, my skin looks so much better.

I'm using a pre-treatment with a DIY l-ascorbic acid water serum for 1 week before rolling, and after rolling I'm using a hyaluronic acid serum for sensitive skin.

My skin care routine consists of doing a gentle deep-cleansing peel for acne treatment with salicylic acid (Vichy Normaderm) 2-3 times a month, for really getting rid of all the dirt, but no other acid treatments for my skin.

All I can say is that I didn't expect such good results after rolling only 4 times so far. My skin looks so much better and I will definitely continue using these torture tools. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |