Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
PAO Facial Device - Very Interesting Research Study
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Southerner1

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I came across information on the PAO facial device about a month ago. It's a Japanese facial exercise product. There was a study done using the device which was recently published in a reputable journal - The Aesthetic Surgery Journal. Results showed that with use of the PAO for 30 seconds twice a day for 8 weeks certain facial muscles grew larger (for example the zygomaticus major and minor in the cheeks and the digastric muscle under the chin). In the article, they published before and after photographs which showed visible results.

I bought the PAO device from Amazon and I've been using it everyday for about 3 weeks. I am seeing some positive results. My cheeks seem a little fuller and I'm experience soreness under my chin indicating I am working the digastric muscle.

There seems to be very little information about this product in the United States, so I just thought I'd share. It would be nice to hear about other people's experiences using this device.

If you want to read the research article, do a Google search for: Effect of a Facial Muscle Exercise Device on Facial Rejuvenation Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 38, Issue 5, 6 April 2018, Pages 463–476
soshka63

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
wave
Another Pao user here.

I own this gadget since... 2 years? And use it very regularly. It is actually among my favorites and a good pick for the desert island list, as it doesn't require any battery and is so simple to use.

I found it is nearly impossible to advocate for this tool in the Western world, because of the awesome ridiculousness. But reaching 55, I find that looking like a fool for 30 seconds twice a day is actually very good for the mood.

I can totally believe it has some effectiveness. I like that I can feel the muscle tension in very different places than with, say, the Facial Flex. For me, the Pao hits the upper cheeks (think cheekbones improvement) like nothing else. I also think it makes the lower cheeks sink in.

I love my Pao and wouldn't be without it.
Southerner1

Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I love my PAO, too. It works and it's fun to use. Yes, you look ridiculous using it (Ellen has a very funny YouTube video of an audience member demonstrating it) but you don't look any more ridiculous using the PAO than when doing other facial exercises.
GGirl
5% products discount

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey Southerner1 and Vsoshka63:

Are you guys still using PAO, the Japanese facial exercise device? Just wondering what you thin about it now...as your posts were done in 2018.

I just learned about it today
Shock I'm surprised because I'm usually on top of these face exercise gadgets.

So what do you think? Are you still using it and is it worth the money? Amazon wants $123 for it!!

Thanks!
Mellcooktwo
5% products discount

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey GGirl,

I saw this thread and i am now thinking about getting it also. While researching the pao, i came across info on the patakara. Which i had never heard of before. There were several research papers linked to it, so i ordered it first to try out. It is a lip training device that by working the muscles around the mouth, it somehow impacts the cheek and eye muscles as well. Liptrainer .com

On the pao, i wonder if the less expensive ones offered also work. Maybe i can come across some specs and compare.

Will update on the patakara. It should arrive in 7-11 days.

Take care
Melliss

5% products discount

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mellisa,

I bought the PAO device several weeks ago. I have the original one for $123. I have been using it for about 5 weeks now. I think it really does work!!

My friends and even my hairdresser commented on how firmer my face looks around my upper and lower cheeks and around the N/L folds.

My hairdresser said she thought I got fillers since the last time she saw me because my face looked that much firmer!!

I also just got the original Patakara from Japan - but haven't used it yet because I was busy testing out the PAO device. I know, I'm crazy for this stuff! Rolling Eyes

I bought the original PAO on Amazon because the reviews for the cheaper ones said theirs broke after several uses.

I sort of sorry I spent that much money on the Patakara since I'm getting results from PAO. The only way I will know if the Patakara works is to stop using everything and let my face fall back to normal and start using the Patakara...Which I don't want to do.

Can you write back here after a few weeks using your Patakara and let us know how it works for you?

Also, consider taking pictures of your face before you start using it. Then every 2-3 weeks another picture of your face.

Try to take the picture in the same spot and same time of day, with the same camera for all shots. This way you'll have a more accurate comparison.

Good luck and thanks for sharing!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |