Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retin A and Acne Scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is retin-A supposed to help with acne scars?
EllenLeigh

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Retin A may help you with acne scars, but more precisely, with superficial acne scars, as Retin A works by stimulating new collagen production and cell turnover, ensuring a very light skin exfoliation effect.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Retin-A will help to diminish your acne but not really the indented scar marks. It will improve the texture of your skin as Retin-A stimulates new cells and collagen, thereby pushing new skin to the surface and getting rid of the old skin through mild exfoliation... In my opinion, the only thing to rid of indented acne scar marks completely is laser resurfacing, CO2 laser or some type of stronger chemical peels through a doctor's office. Make sure that you do your own research first (or a highly recommended doctor from a friend maybe?) before making a commitment if you want to go this route. I would not suggest "at-home" peel if you want a complete make-over of your skin, meaning, no indented acne scar marks....
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I consulted derm and I was told co2 can't be done on nose as nose heals in an unexpected way.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure but "I think" there are different types of CO2 laser treatments. Ask your derm what she has. You can get 2nd and 3rd opinions on CO2 laser. I saw on TV on the "The Doctors" that Smartskin CO2 laser treatment can be used on the upper eyelids (with eye shield protection) to improve the texture of the skin on eyelid areas, so I think it's "probably" can be used for the nose, but don't quote me on this. Maybe some members who have experience in this type of CO2 laser treatments can chime in. Hope this helps! Smile

newusernew wrote:
I consulted derm and I was told co2 can't be done on nose as nose heals in an unexpected way.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
I was hoping obagi and retin-a can improve pitted scars:(
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
No, both products can't as explained... The only drastic measure to remove pitted acne scars or indented scar marks is what I suggested in my previous postings earlier....

newusernew wrote:
I was hoping obagi and retin-a can improve pitted scars:(
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I saw several times people claimed their depressed scars disappeared from using retin a.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
They probably are using other professional treatments other than Retin-A like what I explained before....

newusernew wrote:
I saw several times people claimed their depressed scars disappeared from using retin a.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
No they said they used nothing but retin a.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:48 am      Reply with quote
If you believe that Retin-A can remove "pitted" scar marks or indented scar marks, then try to experiment it yourself and see if it can do that... You will need a prescription though... Let us know your findings. Good luck!

newusernew wrote:
No they said they used nothing but retin a.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 am      Reply with quote
The derm I went to told me retin-a can slooooooowly and slightly improve pitted scars.

I bought obagi retin a from Amazon. I'll let you know the results.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I work in a cosmetic dermatology field and unfortunately retin-a doesn't help with pitted scars. It helps with the hyperpigmentation caused by acne, but there isnt any topical cream you can do for indents on this skin. People inject fillers to the area to even out the skin and that's the only thing that truly works

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Is retin-A supposed to help with acne scars?

check this out: http://owndoc.com/

they also sell individual needles and dermastamps which are better for scars.. look for em under their products....
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I had success with retin a and a dermaroller.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Could you please tell me more ava with wings? Thank you.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I had success with retin a and a dermaroller.

I am going to do dermarolling and microdermabrasion for some of my surfaced scars (they've emerged from using the CPs). I also think using something with niacianmide+ n-acetyl glucosamine to fade them:
http://ncnskincare.com/delay-aging-c-26/formula-7-powerful-spot-remover-2-5-oz-p-205
nutree
5% products discount

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ava I'm happy to see your "mission accomplished" - it gives me hope.

After spending last year doing microdermabrasion and peels to minimal effect, aside from on my pocketbook, this year my plan is Obagi + Vit C(to get the final bits of acne under control, get rid of pigmentation and even out texture) and dermarolling for the shallow but bothersome scars.

I also think that diet is especially important given the intense remodelling I'm pushing my skin to undertake so for the past 6 months I've really bumped up my intake of fruit and veg, healthy oils (salmon, flax seed, etc.) and have added a cod liver oil supplement.
MaryLetson
5% products discount

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm browsing threads about Retin-a and acne scars. This product helps to speed up the fading and healing of my own acne scars. New scars peel away completely within 1 week. Old scars are more stubborn though but definitely faded significantly. I've found online Retin-a at http://lookuptothebest.net/go/Retin-a Very Happy (I use 10% coupon code "10SALE"). I also found that they have Differin. Does anyone take it?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |