Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
My skin isn't absorbing anything.... really wierd
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Basically a few weeks ago I decided to try a new cream (big mistake) which was a glycolic acid cream 20% with vitamin e , I didn't like the effects and since then my skin hasn't been able to absorb any cream (it doesn't change the appearance of my skin) , I then proceeded to purchasing a 1.5mm new dermaroller (doesn't work as it used to , though before I used 0.75mm) , then tried a TCA peel and the skin isn't still absorbing anything. I used to be able to use many creams and see visible effects but now my skin isn't absorbing a single cream . I have now purchased an dermaroller with 0.75mm instead of 1.5mm in the hope my skin does absorb creams .

This is the probably the most complex skin problem I have come across , any suggestions??
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I could be wrong, but I think this means your skin is dehydrated. I don't know how long you used the glycolic cream but all the things you posted are exfoliating your skin and it just seems like a a lot. Some people can't exfoliate their skin that much, I think you dehydrated your skin. This is just a hunch. Does your skin look like it isn't producing oil in the t-zone area or maybe some glistening look in your tzone area that doesn't look like normal oil production? Hard to explain the glisten I'm describing. I say lay off all exfoliation and baby your skin with a gentle non stripping cleanser and a rich moisturizer and then seal it with an occlusive (vaseline) on top and then introduce exfoliation in maybe a month to see how it fares, but be gentle and you should probably only exfoliate once every two weeks or even once a month. I hope your skin will get back to normal soon! Smile
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree my skin has been dehydrated in which I added hyaluronic acid to my skin which has helped alot! however my skin isn't still absorbing the creams effectively however I will continue using hyaluroic acid until my skin heals .
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Great! I'm so happy you're seeing improvement! I've read up that hylarunic acid is perfect for dehydrated skin. I think I will give hyaluronic acid a go also. My skin is dehydrated as well! I can't even exfoliate once without it causing severe dehydrated skin :/ May I ask what product you are using for hyaluronic acid? Give it some time, I think your skin will bounce back. Maybe you could also supplement with hyaluronic acid to try to speed things up.
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply , I was using Estee Launders Advanced Time Zone . I found my skin improved however it still isn't absorbing any products . I am just waiting for my 0.75mm dermaroller to come in the hope my skin does "hold onto" any anti-aging products I do use . I did use an 1.5mm dermaroller but I am assuming it may be too deep and require a more shallow dermaroller so skincare products access the epidermis layer of the skin and remain there . I maybe a bit OCD and looking to deep into this but it is really worrying how overnight simply by using this product my skin isn't just absorbing anything . There was a time when I use an skincare product and literally my skin will plump up.. but now .. nothing is staying in place and effects last less than an hour.
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Update : I've tried almost everything product , my last hope is ceramide cleansers and cream's to repair the lipid's in my skin. The question I have is , what products would you recommend for deeply penetrating skincare products ? Thank you.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I think you need to stop everything. Go simple on the outside light cleansing with just water, simple masks like yogurt or papaya masks, and a simple cream. If you would like to use a ceramide based cleanser, you can try that. Why don't you try using a cerave pm lotion on your face which has HA and ceramides, if you haven't already. And focus on the inside- take HA supplements and Brewer's yeast. Go to sleep early and get adequate sleep with cream on your face in sufficient darkness. I'm thinking your skin is just stressed out, let it relax for a good month and baby it. I hope this helps!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
You have damaged your moisture barrier. Please don't use the dermaroller on damaged skin, you will end up with a mess on your hands. Stop everything, nature will soon remedy the problem. When I was in the same situation, I was extremely prone to infections. Some people can't handle that much acid, I am one of them. There are no instant fixes, this repair job will take minimum a month, assuming you are already a healthy individual. Speaking from my experience, mine took two years to repair, but yours does not sound nearly as damaged as mine did so that is encouraging.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Minimal action will result in maximum benefit.
When my skin starts acting odd, I do nothing and I mean nothing - no washing it, and usually within two or three days it is able to pop right back.
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice guys , I guess I have to wait a while for the skin to recover . I am feeling extremely self-conscious and depressed at the thought of my skin not be able to absorb any cream's. It doesn't appear dehydrated , hylauronic acid appears to be a temporary fix however so maybe it is dehydrated. I am using Vitamin C serums , Copper Peptides and waiting for Elizabeth Ceramide Cream which is being delivered. It's funny how everyone I see has good skin and I'm just sitting there with sunken cheekbones and small eyes XD when once upon a time I had large eyes and high cheekbones haha.

I just wait 2 years *sigh* , I am no longer living the life of vanity.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Call me crazy but I could have sworn I saw some posts on the net of people having bad skin issues after copper peptides...apparently it can happen so maybe it could be causing your adverse effects? Just a thought
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:12 am      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
Call me crazy but I could have sworn I saw some posts on the net of people having bad skin issues after copper peptides...apparently it can happen so maybe it could be causing your adverse effects? Just a thought

You heard correct however I am using a very low percentage and there's been a huge improvement!

Update : The combination of ceramides and copper peptide along with sunscreen is repairing my skin at very fast rate! , a month of following this and I should have my normal skin back Very Happy! . I genuinely thank you guys for your advice , I live in a very fast paced business world , I haven't got time to baby my skin (though that would help) and apply natural masks when we live in a time full of hi-tech skincare products . I am making progress and I will vow to never touch glycolic acid cream 20% again! (I will never forget how I looked afterwards haha) . I am now happy again Smile.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Awesome!! That sounds amazing! Looks like listening to your instincts paid off. Smile Do you mind posting what creams, copper peptides and sunscreen you are using? I have some damaged skin myself from glycolic (at 20% too!), this darn stuff. You and I may have sensitives to acids on our skin, who knows why. Sad I would like to give your method a try, so would love to know what brands/products you are using! I have to say I'm a little nervous about copper peptides but hearing you think you had vast improvement from them makes me interested, especially since you say you have a low percentage. If you don't want to post the products here, please PM me! I greatly appreciate it, thank you!
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:55 am      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
Awesome!! That sounds amazing! Looks like listening to your instincts paid off. Smile Do you mind posting what creams, copper peptides and sunscreen you are using? I have some damaged skin myself from glycolic, darn stuff. You and I may have sensitives to acids on our skin, who knows why. Sad I would like to give your method a try, so would love to know what brands/products you are using! I have to say I'm a little nervous about copper peptides but hearing you think you had vast improvement from them makes me interested, especially since you say you have a low dose. If you don't want to post the products here, please PM me! I appreciate it, thank you!

I am from the UK and a bit skint so I bought the following haha:

* Aloha SPF 25 (From Amazon)

* An home made serum containing Copper Peptides , Hylaruronic Acid + Matrixyl 3000 (From eBay UK, http://tinyurl.com/mv8d8oz)

* Elizabeth Arden Night Repairing Serum (Got an sample from eBay UK)

I know I shouldn't use an dermaroller XD but I use it from time to time to increase the absorpition of products . Seriously Copper Peptides.. I have never seen such strong long lasting results before. I am genuially glad its 2014 haha. As for my skincare regime.. its quite intense and exhausting but here it goes :

Morning
-------
*First thing... Facial Exercises
*Breakfast (DHT tablet & Wholegrains)

(Hair Regime)
Aqua Glycolic Shampoo & Body Cleanser for Deep Cleansing - 8 Oz , Glycolic Acid has helped reverse hair loss.

(Washing Regime ... Not for the faint hearted XD)
*Garnier 3 in 1 Face Wash
*Balance Active Formula Snake Venom Peptide Scrub
*Olay Regenerist Cleanser

(Creams)

*Aloha SPF
*Copper Peptide Serum
*Skin Doctors Resurfacing Cream (Glycolic Acid , Lactic Acid and Salicylic acid)
*Retin A 0.5%
*Balance Active Formula Wrinkle Filler
*Sure White Skin Lightening Cream
*Tri-Peptide Cream (Forgot the organisation)

Afternoon
---------
Same regime all over again except taking an DHT Tablet

On top of all this , 10 mins of cardio and muscle exercises everyday

Yes this sounds EXHAUSTING but the results really pay off when I leave the house XD.
If I was to avoid all this regime ... I would look like a completely different person.

P.S. I plan to invest in Dermalogica Multi-Vitamin Power Serum and Face Mask . Right now... I have to wait for my next payday Sad
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you SO much for posting all this, this is really helpful for me to figure out my own routine which I'm trying to do. I actually just made a huge long post asking for advice on how to put a better routine together and if the products I currently use work well together.

May I ask, do you think the facial excercises really work? I want to start doing some particularly for fine lines on forehead, smile/frown fine lines around the mouth and fine lines under my eyes. What kind of facial exercises do you do?

I may soon try the same copper peptides that you ordered. I know nothing about them so I figured I'd purchase the same one that helped you. I don't know what Matrixyl 3000 is?

I actually have thinning hair and issues with hair loss so it seems you are the perfect person to talk to. The DHT tablets...do you feel they are working well for you?

Also, you mentinoed the aqua glycolic shampoo and cleanser reversed hair loss? How long did it take for you to notice hair wasn't falling out as much?

I looked up the Sure White Lightening Cream since I've never heard of it and I am interested in knowing how it has helped you because I have been looking into products for fading pink flat scarring on my face.

What is a tri-peptide cream? Sorry, I seem to be pricking your brain as your ritual really intrigues me!
Joseph2204
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:40 am      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
Thank you SO much for posting all this, this is really helpful for me to figure out my own routine which I'm trying to do. I actually just made a huge long post asking for advice on how to put a better routine together and if the products I currently use work well together.

May I ask, do you think the facial excercises really work? I want to start doing some particularly for fine lines on forehead, smile/frown fine lines around the mouth and fine lines under my eyes. What kind of facial exercises do you do?

I may soon try the same copper peptides that you ordered. I know nothing about them so I figured I'd purchase the same one that helped you. I don't know what Matrixyl 3000 is?

I actually have thinning hair and issues with hair loss so it seems you are the perfect person to talk to. The DHT tablets...do you feel they are working well for you?

Also, you mentinoed the aqua glycolic shampoo and cleanser reversed hair loss? How long did it take for you to notice hair wasn't falling out as much?

I looked up the Sure White Lightening Cream since I've never heard of it and I am interested in knowing how it has helped you because I have been looking into products for fading pink flat scarring on my face.

What is a tri-peptide cream? Sorry, I seem to be pricking your brain as your ritual really intrigues me!

Facial Exercises are #1 , I believe the majority of creams on the market can never replace facial exercises. I do Carol Maggio exercises and they have helped ALOT , I have a strong believe that I can stay young for many decades (unless we can genetically modify our faces by then XD) thanks to facial exercises.

Copper Peptides do help a lot however it really depends on what your trying to achieve and its really an matter of trial and error to see if's it effective towards you. Matrixyl 3000 is an anti-aging peptide which helps stimulate collagen and elastin within your skin however there are stronger peptides , it does help though.

DHT actually causes hair loss however I have to take them due to medical problems and it has helped me loose weight , made me alot happier and has made my skin somewhat "brighter" , this is why I am using hair loss shampoo , it took me 3-4 months before I noticed any changes and its an really positive effect! I think its one of the strongest hair loss shampoo's I have used . Don't believe in all that Alpecin hype , its only effective if you have early stages of receding hairline and not towards advanced stages.

Sure White Bleaching Cream is good as it contains both Kojic Acid/BHA but there are many brands out there than contain the same formula however I prefer this brand as it helps me lighten my skin and exfoliate it and its very effective for lightening . I found other brand's were not effective enough.

Tri-Peptide , again its just like any other cream which contains anti-aging peptides so its like any other anti-aging cream . I only got it because its cheap XD.

Update : I went to see both an dermatologist and beautician who analyzed my skin as it was in such an state and told me than I have damaged my skin barrier as it has been constantly exfoliated and peeled over a number of years . They have provided me with Dermalogica Barrier Repair and other barrier repairing creams . I am seeing positive effects so far and I was told to stick to using them for a month .

I have advice for anyone doing chemical peels/microdermabrasion or whatever additional aggressive exfoliation there at ANY strength... DO NOT DO THEM YOURSELF , GET IT PROFESSIONALLY DONE! ... otherwise you will end up spending ridiculous amounts of money over the years trying to repair the damage.

My skin is the best it has looked in years as I am now repairing the damaged skin barrier.
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm beginning to think exfoliation is the worst thing ever for the skin. I think our skin already knows how to shed itself, and cleansers and even ingredients in moisturizers probably help a little to exfoliate as it is. I do like to go get a lactic peel once in a blue moon at a spa. I agree to getting professionally done always.

I think I may purchase the bleaching cream since you have success with it, but I'm a bit cautious cause it has the BHA in it. I have pink flat scars from left over bumps on my face, do you think this will help with that? I'm curious if you had any pink flat scars on your face left over from acne etc. and if this helped fade them for you.

I'm a female but I have a very high hairline, I have a long forehead and on one side of my hairline, I almost look like I'm balding cause my hairline is so high. I also have very thin hair and I lose a lot after a show so I will give the shampoo a try as well, thank you for your recommendation.

I went once to a beautician at a store who used some kind of tool and told me my skin is severely dry and dehydrated and my barrier is compromised...so I got the same analysis. Although, oddly I haven't exfoliated that much, but maybe my skin is too sensitive to exfoliation that the little bit I've done over the years has damaged it. I think I want to try this Dermalogica cream out as well since I'm in the same boat. Could you please list the other barrier repairing creams? I'm pretty desperate to get my skin in shape too. Do you think your positive effects are form the dermaoligica barrier repair or from the copper peptides which you had said you saw dramatic results with?

Thank you I'm definitely going to also do the carole maggio excercises! I'm looking into it right now and how to find the excercises, whether I'm supposed to get a book or a video or something.
Trinh

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I'm so happy to find this thread! My skin is dehydrated and cannot absorb cream lately. I'm so stressed about it. It hadn't happened to me as I was living in my country where was extremely humid; it helped my skin so smooth and nice, that's why I did not learnt how to take care my skin carefully. Until I have settled down in Canada where the climate is really dry; after 1 year, my skin is dehydrated!

I have tried lots of samples of skincare products but none of them really works well on my skin.

Bah...After I read this thread, I think I should be patience and take care of my skin gently.

I just make a to do list for today and hope that my nice skin will be back to me next month!!!

The first one is to buy a humidifier - I'm searching to decide warm or cool one. Have you used this machine? Any advice for it?

Thanks in advance!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:17 am      Reply with quote
If the skin is not absorbing anything, that means the skin barrier has been broken.

A product with ceramides would be helpful. Cerave, Astalift, Hifmid comes to mind.

A product with nano-ceramides that can penetrate deep into the skin would be ideal. Maybe supplements with ceramides would also help.
jewipipil
5% products discount

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:55 am      Reply with quote
May I ask which skin type do you have? As only then I can give you a good suggestion.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:31 am      Reply with quote
That's so good

Quote:
You heard correct however I am using a very low percentage and there's been a huge improvement!

Update : The combination of ceramides and copper peptide along with sunscreen is repairing my skin at very fast rate! , a month of following this and I should have my normal skin back Very Happy! . I genuinely thank you guys for your advice , I live in a very fast paced business world , I haven't got time to baby my skin (though that would help) and apply natural masks when we live in a time full of hi-tech skincare products . I am making progress and I will vow to never touch glycolic acid cream 20% again! (I will never forget how I looked afterwards haha) . I am now happy again Smile.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
The best is a dermaroller 0.25, roll it all over your face over and over in all directions, then apply a good organic vitamin c serum. Wait 10 minutes and apply your favorite organic anti-aging skin cream. I do it and get excellent results. I only use organic skin care with lots of peptides and great ingredients, I buy all my skincare at imfabulouscosmetics.com
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
That's great advice. Which organis vit C would you recommend, bigsmilebigdreams?

bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
The best is a dermaroller 0.25, roll it all over your face over and over in all directions, then apply a good organic vitamin c serum. Wait 10 minutes and apply your favorite organic anti-aging skin cream. I do it and get excellent results. I only use organic skin care with lots of peptides and great ingredients, I buy all my skincare at imfabulouscosmetics.com
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use the I'm Fabulous Cosmetics Vitamin C hydrating serum organic.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, bigsmilebigdreams, I will look into it.

bigsmilebigdreams wrote:
I use the I'm Fabulous Cosmetics Vitamin C hydrating serum organic.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |