Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Foot problems, bunions, etc?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Sharing my recent discovery .. Correct Toes

https://nwfootankle.com/correct-toes

Don't want to say too much for fear of sounding like an infomercial, suffice to say my feet are very happy after 3 months use. Just posting in case it may be of use to others, as I wish I'd found this info earlier.

Unfortunately, I'm now aware of wide toe boxes, zero drop, barefoot shoes, stuff I never wanted to know or think about .... much less wear those kind of ugly shoes Rolling Eyes
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have a small bunion, tmj and slight scoliosis. Sometimes I feel like I got the bone problem package deal!

Do you have TMJ or scoliosis? My orthodontist says it's all connected because it's all skeletal.

I've known about the toe boxes for a while. I love being barefoot. When I worked in a salon and was on my feet all day (wearing shoes, of course!), my feet would throb for hours even after I got home and I was wearing Merrels then mostly in the salon.

There's another thing called Yoga Toes that stretches out your toes. I don't have it but I've wondered about it for a while. It seems similar to the "Correct Toes."
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a few other toe stretchers, inc Yoga Toes, but the advantage of Correct Toes is you can wear them 24 hrs, walking, gym, whatever. Other kinds you can only wear when sitting. Apparently wearing them while doing weight-bearing activities makes them more effective, which makes sense - I love jumping around at the gym in them (inside shoes of course). Developed by a foot doc who is also a competitive runner, so he should understand foot mechanics....

They are rather overpriced IMO, US65 + shipping, which made me hold off on buying them for a while. Also, you need to buy "special shoes" to wear them in - I got a pair of those Lems brand trainers (basic black and tolerably ugly) for use at gym and running errands. Also have been wearing them at home inside loose socks, the kind with those non-slip grips. Actually that's my fav way to wear them. In fact I hate taking them off at all...even wear them sleeping

If you do a lot of sports, running, yoga, you'll likely enjoy the feel of these. My feet aren't too bad, despite having taken quite a beating from certain sporting activities in my youth, but noticed a small bunion starting to develop on one foot, which sent me off googling, discovering the Correct Toes.

One thing I don't like is I no longer want to wear my "normal" shoes. Well, I still wear them, but try to keep it to a minimum, a few hours at a time.

Anyways, enough about me and my feet...
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I overdid my walking and seriously impaired my left foot. Plantar fasciitis, and I"m stuck with it for the next few weeks. It's much better now than it was. OW!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
I overdid my walking and seriously impaired my left foot. Plantar fasciitis, and I"m stuck with it for the next few weeks. It's much better now than it was. OW!!!

I have this for a few years. It doesn't go away.

MBT shoes help but they are not flattering.
diamond44

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I have had foot issues before with plantar fasciitis and it really does hurt. I feel for you.
havana8

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:37 am      Reply with quote
appletini, does using "Correct Toes" make wearing regular shoes, such as heels, more comfortable?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
havana - you mean wearing them inside regular shoes? Can't do that, unless they have very wide toe boxes. I've never worn heels much, so can't really comment on that. But my guess is if wearing Correct Toes for some hours per day your feet will likely feel a little better overall, even when you put heels on, but I doubt anything can make high heels with point toes comfortable. I wish!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I went to a podiatrist and had custom orthotic insoles made for my shoes. Well worth the cost. (Insurance covered it.)

I have very thin feet with no padding; so I can't stand on bare floors without my feet hurting.

Incidentally, the foot doctor said flip flops are the worst ever for feet...no support.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:16 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
havana - you mean wearing them inside regular shoes? Can't do that, unless they have very wide toe boxes. I've never worn heels much, so can't really comment on that. But my guess is if wearing Correct Toes for some hours per day your feet will likely feel a little better overall, even when you put heels on, but I doubt anything can make high heels with point toes comfortable. I wish!

Thanks, appletini! Yes, it's the latter that I was wondering about--that wearing Correct Toes some hours a day might make my time in other shoes a bit more comfortable. ha! I hear you on the heels. I may have to give these a try and see what happens. Thanks for sharing your find. Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Appletini, I dont know if CorrectToes will fit in them, but GentleSouls shoes are comfy, have wide toe room and mega padded insoles. Not all, but some of them are pretty stylish too. And they wear like iron. Ive had a pair of Opportunities since forever and can walk miles in them if I have to.

http://www.gentlesouls.com/pumps-and-heels-211?xcp%3apageSize=-1

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:41 am      Reply with quote
ms fawnie - please do not encourage me to buy more shoes!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Does this really work if you have bad bunions? I thought surgery was the only way to correct it? I'm not in my early 30's have worn heels pretty much since I was in my teens, no correcting these babies unless they shave them off and then I'll still put heels on them. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
aries - I doubt Correct Toes are a quick fix. If your feet are out of shape from years of "bad" footwear, I'd guess it would take a similar time to coax them back into "natural" shape.

Cheers though for rocking the high heels! Wish I could do that, as I love the look of heels, but can't walk in them. Well I can, but not in a a manner that anyone would consider as attractive or graceful. Embarassed
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2015 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Reporting back ....

After more than a year's use of Correct Toes, I'm not sure that the small bunion on my left foot is any better appearance-wise, but it definitely hasn't got any worse. Should have taken "before" pics, but it seems more or less the same to look at, so far as I remember.

The left big toe previously did hurt a bit, but haven't felt any pain in that area for a long time.

Also, I have noticed an improvement in balance. I do a lot of balance-related stuff at the gym and it's noticeably easier doing my strange movements standing on one leg. Perhaps it's due to having a more stable base with toes spread? Anyway I definitely see an improvement there.

To sum up... big improvement in balance, no more pain in big toe area, but no obvious change in appearance of the bunion/angle of left big toe joint that I can see.
havana8

Sun May 31, 2015 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Reporting back ....

After more than a year's use of Correct Toes, I'm not sure that the small bunion on my left foot is any better appearance-wise, but it definitely hasn't got any worse. Should have taken "before" pics, but it seems more or less the same to look at, so far as I remember.

The left big toe previously did hurt a bit, but haven't felt any pain in that area for a long time.

Also, I have noticed an improvement in balance. I do a lot of balance-related stuff at the gym and it's noticeably easier doing my strange movements standing on one leg. Perhaps it's due to having a more stable base with toes spread? Anyway I definitely see an improvement there.

To sum up... big improvement in balance, no more pain in big toe area, but no obvious change in appearance of the bunion/angle of left big toe joint that I can see.

Thanks for the follow-up, Appletini.

While I still think they are somewhat overpriced, I like these well enough to recommend them to friends. They really do seem to re-align the toes, albeit slowly, over time. And they're certainly durable. It's been several times now that they've inadvertently found their way into the washer or dryer. I've noticed less toe pain too when I wear them more regularly.

I find your comments on balance interesting. I've never paid attention to my balance before so I am definitely going to keep an eye out for that to see what I can see in relation to my Correct Toes use. Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I tried almost every gadget imaginable to correct bunions including spending a fortune at a podiatrist to have Kevlar insoles made.
The end result is that nothing worked and the bunions just gradually got worse and worse.
Just recently I had a joint removed from my 4th toe and it was pinned straight. The bunion does not cause me any problems or pain but they cause the other toes to gradually go crooked.
The doctor told me that other toes may need correction as well but to delay the inevitable, I should take up bike riding instead of walking for exercise.

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I forgot that Yamuna has a foot workout....

Yamuna's Walking Test for Foot Pain
Using your entire foot when you walk is the key to fixing foot pain. Just learning to walk correctly will heal plantar fasciitis, bunions, neuromas, and other causes of foot pain. It sounds too simple to be true--but ake Yamuna's walking test and see!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z82nscFFfOw&mc_cid=5bbc44fc37&mc_eid=3e7bb8c6fd

Yamuna's Basic Foot Flexibility Exercise for Foot Pain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ6YL6Xw9t4

There was also this one:

Flat Feet & Back Pain! Easy Exercise for Foot Pain, How to Fix Flat Feet & Bunions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI-7gBzUkuc
Januariest

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
I have a small bunion, tmj and slight scoliosis. Sometimes I feel like I got the bone problem package deal!

Do you have TMJ or scoliosis? My orthodontist says it's all connected because it's all skeletal.

Interesting about the TMJ / scoliosis relation to feet problems. I have TMJ with a cross bite where my jaw clenches down harder on the left side. Oddly enough, I have had recent problems with my left foot (metarsal and arch issues exacerbated by wearing stupid shoes throughout my 20s and having very high arches, etc), mostly, and, perhaps not coincidentally, the major chronic ear infections and hearing loss I suffered through as a child usually were relegated to my left ear/ear canal!

Just want to thank you for this correlation - not sure why I've never put two-and-two together, let alone any doc or dentist! Do you have any more information about this? I'd love to hear more if you do. Again, big thanks!
akshayv

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 am      Reply with quote
I purchased this shoes for 86-year-old aunt, rigid toes from ill-fitting shoes following hammer-toe surgery. Her podiatrist recommended the Orthofeet brand because of the deep toe box. She was able to wear the shoes following the surgery with no pain.

I've been suffering from turf toe for a while, and finally bought the Orthofeet BioSole-Gel orthotics. They helped with discomfort immediately, and easily fit into most of my shoes--I just remove the footbeds that come with the shoe before inserting the orthotics. I wore them yesterday to walk my dog, and they were very comfortable.
cowolter

Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
Newbie here:)
I'm considering purchasing some correct toes . but I'm not sure how much better they would be compared to simple toe spacers? The thing I worry about with correct toes is the "tourniquet" sensation whereas with simple toe spacers they only separated the toes from the sides
MaxineDanko

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the community newbie.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |