Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Wrinkles Around Mouth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am      Reply with quote
I am in my early 30's and I want to treat and prevent wrinkles around the mouth, especially want to prevent further wrinkling, what are the best products on the market for this?

I've heard of Obaji, is Clinical, Skinceuticals lines for example....I will pay a lot of money for expensive products if they will work, please let me know what worked for you and what is the best??
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
pokerlady888 wrote:
I am in my early 30's and I want to treat and prevent wrinkles around the mouth, especially want to prevent further wrinkling, what are the best products on the market for this?

I've heard of Obaji, is Clinical, Skinceuticals lines for example....I will pay a lot of money for expensive products if they will work, please let me know what worked for you and what is the best??

Wrinkles that have already developed are difficult to removed but can be significantly improved. If you are a smoker, you will need to give up as the act of smoking causes you to wrinkle around the mouth. If you spend time in the sun, then you will need to apply a sunscreen, preferably a zinc based one.
I am a total fan of Cellcosmet products and if you continue to use the line I am sure you will receive the results you are looking for. Their product line is not extensive but the core ingredient is the same in all of their products and you would just need to choose the one for your age group with an intensive treatment once or twice a year.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
do you already have lines?
i do not think the expensive products can really do much, if the line is serious, I would seek professional treatment.
ko6kin.
5% products discount

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
There is a new ingredient on the market called SWT-7 in the market it was specially developed for this type of wrinkles.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
ko6kin. wrote:
There is a new ingredient on the market called SWT-7 in the market it was specially developed for this type of wrinkles.

Where can you find this ingredient?

Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Don't waste your money here and there as may be they will not provide you permanent solution. For a long and effective treatment,i would like to recommend to get Dysport treatment which is more effective and lasts for long time. It can also remove deep lines and wrinkles around your face.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
you can treat that area and improve it greatly ..don't get discouraged. you may want to look at a combination attack. Obaji nuderm would work. But you need a skincare plan that will peel the skin off and stimulate new collagen.
Getting botox or something similar to keep repetitive motion in the area from happening will help as well. Use sun Screen as well... and nutrition will help as well; green smoothies..fish.. that sort of thing.

IF you smoke.. you should stop..because then noting will help much if you keep that up...
Dana_D
5% products discount

Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hey hotdocgirl, is smoking really that horrible for the skin? (aka produces wrinkles easier). That's terrifying since I smoke Embarassed
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Microneedling will plump out the skin and, if the needles are long enough, help restore collagen.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Not hotdocgirl but yes smoking is really bad for the skin and body and ages you faster too. However I do think its an * spam alert * so its not always so easy to ween off but its worthwhile doing if you are serious enough
Dana_D wrote:
Hey hotdocgirl, is smoking really that horrible for the skin? (aka produces wrinkles easier). That's terrifying since I smoke Embarassed
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:42 am      Reply with quote
And the repetitive motion of puckering the lips when smoking makes the wrinkles. So does using straws for your drinks.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
ko6kin. wrote:

Where can you find this ingredient?

Sorry, just now seen your message! I dont think you can, it is professional ing and is not sold yet, but some products are already available with it.
robert.brown98765
5% products discount

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I know this may not b what you want to hear but once you reach your 30 s you need to start taking better care of yourself. I am not a big fan of using chemical products too much. You can bring some lifestyle changes. If you are a non smoker then its great news as things will be a whole lot easier. However, if you are a smoker then you might want to keep it under a bit of control. The natural aging process, stress, too much sun exposure and smoking are the main culprits that promote facial wrinkles. To avoid facial wrinkles, you should avoiding the sun and smoke, eating healthily and manage your stress. Taking some vitamins, too, will help encourage a smooth, youthful glow. I will suggest some ways through which you can give your skin the necessary vitamins both naturally as well as through skin care products. Hope it helps you.
Vitamin E
Vitamin E has a long-standing reputation for treating skin damage internally and externally. According to the National Institutes of Health, vitamin E protects the skin from ultraviolet light and prevents cell damage from free radicals. You can use a cream or lotion that contains vitamin E on your face daily. You may also get vitamin E capsules and take them as supplements or puncture them and spread the liquid topically on your face. Some food sources that are rich in vitamin E.
Vitamin C
Vitamin C is crucial for manufacturing collagen which gives our skin elasticity.A diet rich in vitamin C promotes young-looking skin. Like vitamin E, vitamin C can be useful as a topical solution, dietary supplement or in food products. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are Brussels sprouts, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple and broccoli.
Vitamin A
Pills and food sources do not have the same effect as topical treatments. Retinol, an antioxidant and vitamin A compound, is widely used in over-the-counter (OTC) wrinkle creams. The vitamin A derivative tretinoin is more potent than Retinol. It has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat wrinkles. This is available by prescription only and should be avoided by pregnant women because of the increased risk of birth defects.
claire.issa
5% products discount

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Rosehip seed oil is veeeery good for that. Look for a natural one though!
jewipipil
5% products discount

Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:02 am      Reply with quote
First of all, I'd like to advise you to change your eating habits. Eat good healthy foods.
Secondly, I'd like to say use skin tightening masks like a clay mask etc.
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Wrinkles around the mouth can be caused by a variety of factors including, age, gender, genetics, sun exposure, smoking and even your beauty regime.
The simple aging process is one of the main and unavoidable causes of wrinkles around the mouth. As you age, you’ll notice more fine lines and wrinkles appear on your forehead, below the eyes, between the eyebrows and around your mouth. Due to the skin structure around their mouths, women are more prone to developing wrinkles in this area.

Lifestyle factors, such as over-exposure to the sun and smoking can also increase your chances of developing fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Smoking drastically increases your chances of prematurely developing wrinkles around your mouth due to increased muscle movement compared to non-smokers. It’s also been said that too much kissing can cause premature lines around the mouth (but we like to ignore that warning!)

Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I think the best thing for treating wrinkles around the mouth without spending too much money is derma-rolling.
If the wrinkles are fairly deep, you will need a 1.5 mm needle size. Invest in a good derma roller - you might have to spend $49-$99 for a good one, but worth the money. Also get a good numbing cream - (like Zensa), because it will be painful, and a good after-treatment product (hyaluronic acid serum), then layer with a moisturizer (100% raw organic argan oil is good). Use the derma-roller once every 6 weeks only (no more than that or you can damage your skin). Be patient, keep this up and you will definitely see improvement. If you want to add to your regimen, I would suggest taking Great Lakes Organic Collagen Hydrolysate (1-1.5 tbsp) daily to build up collagen in your skin and tissues. It's easy to take in a glass or water or other beverage, as it is odorless and tasteless. Again, be patient, and keep up the program. You can do this treatment for years and you will look much younger! Good Luck!
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
This is so interesting!

I grab any eye cream and instinctively put some around my lips every time after using it around the eye area. That's the way we were trained back in the 90s as aestheticians.

When a (younger) aesthetician saw me doing it, she was surprised at my routine. Apparently, they aren't taught the same way any more.

Anyway, any good eye cream can be used around the lips. Try Cellcosmet Eye cream, Biologique Recherche Biofixin for the eyes or even VIP O2 by the same brand. Basically good eye creams, pad them around the lips instead.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |