Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Long term dry skin facial brushers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
32cassiopeia

Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all. I'm pretty much a lurker who returns now and then, but I'm thinking of taking up dry skin facial brushing. I've been reading so many great short -term accounts, but I'm wondering if anyone has used it for 5 years or more with no ill effects? I read somewhere online from some Dr. that it will damage your skin over time by over-exfoliating and removing the upper layer, oils, etc. What do you all think? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I consider whether to begin! Thank you!
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
ensitive skin, inflammatory skin and dryness are not recommended. This kind of skin barrier is damaged, lacks the sebum membrane, the cuticle thin, the cuticle between the cell lipid deficiency, needs to protect, but is not X times clean. This powerful cleansing and exfoliating function can exacerbate barrier damage, dilate capillaries, and cause skin irritation, redness, and damage when someone uses a cleansing brush.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm a long term face and body brusher and hav easily done it for 10 years now, without any ill effects.
I really like Teresa Tapp's face instructions as they are easy to understand. Tonya Zavastro also has a video demoing her doing it. Here is a link to a youtube video showing her doing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDmOFi0rJM

Her website is also worth a look too:
https://www.beautifulonraw.com/Facial_Dry_Brushing_Exfoliate_Your_Face.html

Whilst brushing does remove dead skin, it doesn't work like a peel does, and it doesn't remove or harm the skin barrier. If you didn't dry brush, the skin eventually flicks off and becomes house dust but by encouraging the skin to turn over quickly you have fresher looking skin.

32cassiopeia wrote:
Hello all. I'm pretty much a lurker who returns now and then, but I'm thinking of taking up dry skin facial brushing. I've been reading so many great short -term accounts, but I'm wondering if anyone has used it for 5 years or more with no ill effects? I read somewhere online from some Dr. that it will damage your skin over time by over-exfoliating and removing the upper layer, oils, etc. What do you all think? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I consider whether to begin! Thank you!
Emma_Jones

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Nice Info!!
robynred

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:04 am      Reply with quote
That's a really helpful reply, TheresaMary. Thank you! May I ask if you use a separate brush for your face or do you use the same one used for your body?

I've just ordered a cruelty free Ecotools dry body brush from Boots! Very Happy

xx
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I'm a long term face and body brusher and hav easily done it for 10 years now, without any ill effects.
I really like Teresa Tapp's face instructions as they are easy to understand. Tonya Zavastro also has a video demoing her doing it. Here is a link to a youtube video showing her doing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDmOFi0rJM

Her website is also worth a look too:
https://www.beautifulonraw.com/Facial_Dry_Brushing_Exfoliate_Your_Face.html

Whilst brushing does remove dead skin, it doesn't work like a peel does, and it doesn't remove or harm the skin barrier. If you didn't dry brush, the skin eventually flicks off and becomes house dust but by encouraging the skin to turn over quickly you have fresher looking skin.

32cassiopeia wrote:

Thanks for sharing your info very helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Robynred the body brush might be a bit too strong for your face, as the fibres are tougher on the body than the face can handle, but its worth giving it a go, but just be careful not to irritate your skin unnecessarily.

robynred wrote:
That's a really helpful reply, TheresaMary. Thank you! May I ask if you use a separate brush for your face or do you use the same one used for your body?

xx
robynred

Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:31 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Robynred the body brush might be a bit too strong for your face, as the fibres are tougher on the body than the face can handle, but its worth giving it a go, but just be careful not to irritate your skin unnecessarily.

robynred wrote:

xx

Thank you! That makes sense, I will go easy on the face! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |