Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fibroblast / J-Plasma / Plasma blast / Plasma pen / Plexr
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the new device - it seems to be the same as the treatment I have received before, but of course I am still developing my skill. The good news is that, similar to other treatments (filler, botox, microneedling etc.) it hurts less when you are concentrating on doing the treatment.

I am still waiting a little more time for my fi9nbal bout of photos, and I still see my face changing in subtle ways. But they will be coming, not ignoring those of you who have shown an interest.

I did my hands and forearms on the weekend so in a month or two I should see results. Very exciting!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
This is the one I bought and I think it's the same or very similiar to the one mismis purchased:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Linuo-2018-hot-sale-3nd-generation_60767681738.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.4.3e0430529PPqls
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 am      Reply with quote
hello all!

I've been moving, so a bit busy. At this point, I do see a bit of improvement under my eyes in terms of wrinkles, but there is still a reddish patch, which kinda takes away of the overall effect. The skin also has less wrinkles, but seems to have an odd texture, almost as if slight indents from where the "holes" were burnt in. It's very slight, but of course you notice these things on your own face.

Not sure - maybe I just need to give it more time? It's been a month (give or take) at this point though. Mismis - what do you think?

So far it doesn't come close to my #1 ever results-showing treatment which was fraxel repair, or my #2 results-showing treatment which was tca peel. Restults in terms of skin resurfacing, that is.

So at this point I couldn't personally recommend it over fraxel repair, or tca peel. SADLY.

But I still have hope that a better machine and/or technician would make all of the difference.

Mismis - please do ask your technician if you could share her info! Smile
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the cheap pen type device on another couple of areas and can't see much at all.

I'm looking forward to hearing reviews on other devices mentioned, and hoping these may give a better result,

Jackie x
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Back for another update. After having this done in a salon in mexico city (with one of the cheap chinese plasma pens) over a month ago...I still have mixed results.

The wrinkles ARE diminished. That's for sure.

But looking up close, the wrinkles have been replaced by a sort of bumpy texture, I guess what they call "orange peel" texture, plus slightly redder. So from far away I look better. From up close I kinda look worse. I don't know, hard to say!

After reading the russian page about how many practitioners go too aggressive, I think that's what happened to me. The "orange peel" bumps are from the fibroblast indentations.

I do think it's fixable, and keeps getting better with time, but it is annoying to go in to fix one problem, and come out with another one.

So what I'm going to do now is use a 25-35% TCA peel on my face & eyes to even things out (I've done this before, never start with those levels).

Then get an LED light to speed up the healing process.

Then do periodic 70% Glycolic acid peels, which are supposed to be the best for hyperpigmentation.

I always tell people I have super strong skin, because things like co2 lasers and acid peels only work on me at very high levels, but this fibroblast pen seems to have been done too aggressively on me. Even though my recovery did not feel as heinous as either the co2 or the TCA peel recovery did.

So it just goes to show you never can know! What works for one, doesn't work for another. And even when you think you know your skin, you get surprised.

What I can say is that the best results I EVER have had have always been either a) from myself doing DIY at home after a lot of research or b) from highly recommended doctors with tons of photos and good reviews.

Whenever I go to spas / doctors without reviews and photos, I seem to get disappointed. So my new rule is to only go to places that have been recommended to me by others who have gotten great results (like mismis and her beautician! Wink ) Or who have great reviews on realself, and/or great before after photos on their website.

That, or I do it at home. I swear I am more diligent about figuring out the proper technique than a lot of beauty salons are! (Where I went didn't know to outline the wrinkles, for example!)

Off to go write a post about LED lights now!
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
If you do a search for "plexr" and "indentations" or "indents", it turns out that MANY people are having this issue.

Just on this page alone, it's mentioned 13 times:
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2545675-plexr-eye-treatment?messages=100&pg=1

Other terms are "golf ball" texture - this is actually EXACTLY what it's like. I wish I could upload before after photos. "Crepey" skin (I don't have this so much), "orange peel", and "indents"/"indentations"

I've been doing research on this (since this is my issue), and here's what I've gathered...

1 - That Russian site was right. Many doctors/beauticians are using these pens too strongly. That's why there are great reviews and not so great reviews. I'm convinced that people are using this too haphazardly, without REALLY knowing exactly how to do it right, and that is why some are having these bad results.

For reference, here's that info again from the Russian site (open in Chrome and use Google translate for English)

Quote:
According to the same russian site, (here:
https://profmedimport.ru/a206717-bezoperatsionnaya-blefaroplastika-veka.html), a lot of the photos on the internet show the plasma treatment being OVERDONE.

In fact, the pin points should be super light, and not leave as strong of a mark.

And in this video, you can see how lightly he goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A58_i2tXmIs

2 - According to 1st hand accounts, here is what has worked to reduce these indents/indentations/orange peel skin/ golf ball skin (taken from many forums, and real self - haven't tried any yet)

- sudocream, or another creme with zinc
- silicone gel for scars
- fraxel laser (must be restore, because they said multiple treatments)
- time - often it takes up to 9 months for the redness to go away. Crazy!

Here are some quotes from the interwebs, from people who had this same issue:

Quote:
Please note that it takes up to 3 weeks for the skin to heal and wil repair itself up to 6 months post. The indentations people are talking about needs to repair with collagen. Ive been trouhg the same and tought i would be left with what looked like acne scars after plexr. U need to put sudocream, or another creme with zinc in it on the plexr treated place every night. You will see the skin speed itself up to repair daily. Ive had this done 5 weeks ago and after 4 weeks slow inprovement. After the 4 weeks i started using sudocreme (zinc its for redness babybottoms etc) it was almost healed in one week. My longer ago treated place (10 weeks now) remained staying red/pink and also that place improved a lot with the sudocreme. Its far better than every scar cream i used so far

Quote:
I had a Fraxel laser done n my eyelids and it's been 3 weeks, the full results an be seen after 2-3 months as skin rebuild itself but I can say it's already better, no damage, it's smoother and tightened. I do recommend it over plexr for sure.

Quote:
I been using silicone gel for scars and it has improved the red into pink

Quote:
I did find carrot seed oil mixed with coconut oil helped the scarring. 100% do not go through with this.

Quote:
SUNSCREEN is crucial

Quote:
My doc has prescribed Azelaic acid to slowly fade the pigmentation but the company responsible say not to use anything and it will fade eventually

I still personally think that this treatment can be very effective when done correctly. But this has shown me now more than ever how important the physician and knowledge and technique of the person doing the treatment is. I never could understand why I had such fantastic results from Fraxel Repair when others had horror stories. Now I'm on the other side (albeit, mine is not a horror story. I fully expect my skin to get better with peels, led lights, scar cream, etc).

So I just want to reiterate now one more time as it cannot be overstated CHOOSING THE RIGHT TECHNICIAN IS EVERYTHING.

Experience, technique, prior results, other testimonials, etc...Do your research!

I know this is crazy long, but I want to have this be a resource for others searching for the same issues, as EDS often shows up first for these types of google searches.
Kaat

Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Am new here and very interested in the plasma pen
I would apply the device on myself .
Mismis you have already tried the device on yourself ,what is your experience
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve been reading about this. Why would fibroblast be better than a dermapen?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Any updates since this thread?????

I just discovered this thread and want to buy a plasma pen and do this myself.

I'm wondering if any of you have bought the pen and done it yourself.

Can anyone recommend a good pen and what results, if any, you've gotten?
havana8

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Adding a link to this related PRP topic:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=57254
debbix6

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I just had my 2nd plasma pen appt. yesterday. My esthetician recommends 3-4 appts. The first time she did both upper and lower eyes. I actually wasn't going in for lower eyes but I think it was part of the package. She did a technique she called "feathering" which she said is lighter and makes the burn marks less noticeable. After reading this whole thread it sounds like this is the best possible technique.

Yesterday, when I went, in I told her I wasn't interested in under-eye treatments. My main concern is hooded eyes anyway. She just did the upper eyelids and my 11's (since I wasn't doing the under eye).

The thing I hadn't anticipated was the swelling. I look like I've been stung by bees in both my eyes. I have HUGE bags under my eyes (both times). It is very discouraging at this point, even though I know it will go away. The puffiness takes the longest to go away last time. And it ages me 30yrs.

The first time it hurt much more - even a full 24hrs after I felt like I'd had a bad sunburn. I think it was because of my under eyes. I was very uncomfortable for a good 3-4days. Puffiness on my right eye didn't completely go away until about day 10!

This time I have zero pain at 24hrs post-treatment. I feel a lot of puffiness and tightness but no pain. I can't wait until the puffiness goes away. I tried very hard to sleep upright, but I just couldn't get a good night sleep and ended up on my side. I wonder how much that plays into the puffiness. I've been trying to do some lymph drainage, but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

I don't know how to share photos or I'd share what I have for today.

I think I will try some LED Red light tonight or tomorrow. All the videos show women with spots on their eyes, but otherwise fine with no puffiness. Except the one someone shared here.
debbix6

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention in my original post that she also has me doing standard wound protocol. That means to keep it moist. She applied Aquaphor and asked me to keep a thin layer of either that or petroleum on the area for at least 3-4 days while it heals. She said to treat it like baby skin and be very gentle.

I've been applying Aquaphor and/or aloe from a plant stem I put in the fridge. That is very cooling and feels good on the puffiness. She said that was fine. I find that the aloe alone dries out very quickly, so I put that one to cool it down and then add aquaphor.

HTH
Erica S.

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
This is the one I bought and I think it's the same or very similiar to the one mismis purchased:

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Linuo-2018-hot-sale-3nd-generation_60767681738.html?spm=a2700.details.maylikehoz.4.3e0430529PPqls

This is an old thread, but wondering how it worked for you, MaryClaire!

I believe this unit is very similar to the one I just ordered on eBay. I know I saw a YT-er using this (or a similar model). That's why I ordered it. But after watching that Russian video, I am concerned about handling it due to its size!

Thanks much! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |