Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Really need help with damaged skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
m___25

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I could really use your help with the condition of my skin. Sad Over the past few months my skin has turned super sensitive and has developed a weird orange peel texture with shallow atrophic scarring which I am super depressed about. Crying or Very sad The sensitivity and weird texture has been like this after I got a TCA peel over 6 months ago which was done by a professional. Sadly though I seem to have reacted badly to it and now I react to almost anything I put on my face which is getting so exhausting as I cannot find anything that doesn't burn or irritate my damaged skin. Mad Lately I've been reading upon using topical MSM and EGF to rebuild and enhance skin growth, but I really have no idea if either will be useful for me. Both are supposed to build new skin cells (sorry for my bad English), and I really need help with finding the right products to repair the outer layers of my skin, so if anyone has used MSM of EGF serum/creams with success, please let me know! Other suggestions are highly appreciated as well. I am seriously at my wits end here so that's why I'm reaching out for your help. Pray
m___25

Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Please help!
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:03 am      Reply with quote
1. Can you go back to the professional where you got the peel and ask her/him?
2. If you can't do that do you know the name of the products used?
3. If you do, look for a list all the ingredients, hopefully it will be on the website.
4. This bit is the hardest - Google each ingredient and write down exactly what it is.
5. Take it to a dermatologist and ask for help.

By the way your English is 1st class. I hope this helps a little.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:04 am      Reply with quote
There have been lots of threads on damaged skin barrier...you might want to check out a few links below.
The skin is resilient and everyone's skin responds differently to different products. The default advice to damaged skin is usually Cerave because it has niacinamide and ceramides which are excellent at repairing the skin. But there are other factors and other things that work.

What is your age, the % of TCA and what have you been using on your skin since the TCA and what were you using at the time? This might help determine the degree of damage.
Right now you should baby your skin and keep it simple. Stay away from anything harsh...acids etc.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46114

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=53302&highlight=damaged+skin+barrier

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38868&highlight=damaged+skin+barrier

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52992&highlight=damaged+skin+barrier
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Orange peel skin texture is pathognomonic for lymphedema due to an ongoing dermal inflammatory process. It is clinically referred to by the French translation - "peau d'orange". The skin swells but the pores are tethered by the sweat ducts, which exaggerates their appearance. Skin sensitivity is amplified because there are infiltrates of immune / white blood cells ready to respond to any non-native chemicals.

EGF or other single growth factors would be the worst thing to apply - it could cause cells to heap up and further clog the lymph channels - making things worse. What is needed is an anti-inflammatory approach to calm the skin down.

You should see a dermatologist for treatment and perhaps he would want a skin biopsy to look for signs of granulomatous reaction. We have seen these after acid peels.

Important that you get help with this. Best of luck.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
i refused to give up i did tons of research on orange peel skin, unfortunately all the research i did was horrifying because no one seemed to be able to fix the problem. its not inflamed skin like most people think, it is dehydrated damaged skin that has now become loose due to the damage.mine came from retin a damage and going out in the sun like a dummy. i didn't follow the directions & didn't even bother to read the package. I had broken caps all over my face and large pores all over with lines that connected to the pores, my face felt like it was on fire and my cheeks looked red all the time i read articles on emu oil and manuka honey i tried it and it didnt work, i tried rosehip oil and it didnt work i tried DML lotion and it didnt work.so i did some research on broken caps, sun damaged skin, foods to eat to heal the skin how to tighten skin, derma rolling etc. after 2 years of trying different things this is what worked for me. what ever you do, do not! i repeat do not use a derma roller, do not use any cosmetic products on ya face! i was starting to see progress and then i used a dermaroller and my skin got even worse it took me 6 months to recover from the damage.manuka honey dried my skin out even more! okay so here is how i fixed it,,,, step 1. cut caffeine, sugar & alcohol out of ya diet asap! when i say drink water i mean drink allot of it! i would drink a gallon a day with sliced cucumber and lemon in it. your body needs water to heal itself, we are 70% water. as soon as i wake up before i eat i would have a glass of warm lemon water then i would use some of the left over lemon juice to wash my face. lemon is a natural cleanser and it helps heal wrinkles. let it sit on ya skin no longer then 30 sec then rinse off with cold water. do not use wash clothes just use ya hand and be gentle, always pat dry skin and dont pull or rub on skin hard. after that i would use a slice of cucumber to tighten the loose skin, take a slice and rub it all over ya face this will help cool ya face and tighten the loose skin. u will feel the skin tightening dont be alarmed if u look in the mirror and ya skin is so tight that it has lines this will go away after a couple times of doing this.its just from your skin tightening and healing and since ya skin is loose its going to take some time to heal. after u do this moisturizer with emu oil i used the emu oil once every hour and i used the montana brand . i am a firm believer in speaking things into existence so every time im doing this to my face i would say... my skin is restoring itself my skin is healing i am beautiful. visualize and believe your skin is getting better. im on day three and my skin looks amazing my skin has a glow. i changed my diet during this time as well i cut out sugar, coffee and wine i ate lots of veggies, fruit and added flax seed to my fruit smoothies with tons of water. i ate lots of avocados and nuts like coconut or almonds because your body needs healthy fats to help skin heal. To get rid of the broken caps on my face... at night i would mix fresh avocado and grapeseed oil together and put it on my face. its super easy just mash up an avocado and add a tiny bit of grapeseed oil leave it on for 15 min then wash it off and then add emu oil on my face throughout the night. mother nature provides us with everything we need to heal ourselves dont use man made products on ya skin its full of chemicals. look up benefits of lemon on the skin, avocado and grape seed oil. all these things are natural and gentle on the skin. i have before and after pics but this site dont have any way for me to upload them so if you want to see what i look like now just inbox me and i will send you the pics to ya email. hope this was helpful good luck to all
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
M____25
I agree to see someone professionally if you haven't. I have in the past so when I started being super sensitive again, I had some background on my skin. For me, I think age and hormones have a lot to do with why I am more sensitive now. I am still working on getting things to calm down.

You can try CeraVe as suggested. Niacinamide is supposed to be helpful for sensitive skin but not mine. Aveeno has a comfort lotion and cream that I only had an issue with when my skin was really on fire. Then the only thing I could put on my face was a cold compress.

PCA makes some nice moisturizers that seem gentle. Avene has many options. LaRoche Posay is another option. I've been trying many things but finally finding some that work and just fine tuning that to which will be the best for my goals.

Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
aiko13 wrote:
i did tons of research on this crazy skin condition but unfortunately all the research i did was horrifying because no one seemed to be able to fix the problem. reading other people's forums let me know that these dermatologist could not be trusted. most people ended up worse off with more damage. allot of people think this texture is due to inflamed skin, personally i think it's dehydrated, damaged skin that has now become loose due to the damage.I know that mine came from retin a damage and going out into the sun like a dummy. i didn't follow the directions & didn't even bother to read the package. I had broken caps all over my face and large pores all over, with lines that connected to the holes that looked like enlarged pores. My face felt like it was on fire and my cheeks looked red all the time. kind of like a bad case of rosacea with squiggly lines all over the place.I read that some people had fixed theirs with emu oil and manuka honey.i tried that for months and it didn't work,it did however make a slight difference.i tried rosehip oil and it didn't work, i tried DML lotion and it didn't work.so i did some research on broken caps, sun damaged skin, foods to eat to heal aging wrinkled skin and how to tighten skin, derma rolling etc. after 2 years of trying different things this is what worked for me. what ever you do, do not! i repeat do not use a derma rollers,over the counter skin products, do not use any cosmetic products on ya face what so ever! all you need to cure this is the right diet and natural oils and veggies that's it. it is super cheap. buying products that have all these ingredients in with these big words that most don't even know what the heck they are.i was starting to see progress and then i used a dermaroller and my skin got even worse it took me 6 months to recover from the damage. I found that manuka honey dried my skin out even more! okay so here is how i fixed it,,,, step 1. cut caffeine, sugar & alcohol out of ya diet asap!you have recently had major damage done to ya skin so you need all the moisture, vitamins and minerals you can to help restore and repair the damage from the inside out. when i say drink water i mean drink allot of it! i would drink a gallon a day with sliced cucumber and lemon in it. your body needs water to heal itself, we are 70% water. as soon as i wake up before i eat i would have a glass of warm lemon water then i would use some of the leftover lemon juice to wash my face. lemon is a natural cleanser and it helps heal wrinkles. let it sit on ya skin no longer then 30 sec then rinse off with cold water. do not use wash clothes just use ya hand and be gentle, always pat dry skin and don't pull or rub on your skin. after that i would use a slice of cucumber to tighten the loose skin, take a slice and rub it all over ya face this will help cool ya face and tighten the loose skin. u will feel the skin tightening and the pores closing. dont be alarmed if u look in the mirror and ya skin is so tight that it has lines this will go away after a couple times of doing this. it's just from your skin tightening and healing and since ya skin is loose its going to take some time to heal. after u do this moisturize yous skin with emu oil. i used the emu oil once every hour and i used the montana brand . i am a firm believer in speaking things into existence. so every time im doing this to my face i would say... my skin is restoring itself my skin is healing i am beautiful. visualize and believe your skin is getting better. im on day three and my skin looks amazing, my skin has a glow to it the pores and creepy lines are gone. i still have sun spots from the damage, but hey it's only been three days and i know that the sunspots will take some time to go away. i changed my diet during this time as well i cut out sugar, coffee and wine i ate lots of veggies, fruit and added flax seed to my fruit smoothies with tons of water. i ate lots of avocados and nuts like coconuts & almonds because your body needs healthy fats to help the skin heal. berries are really good for healing skin too. To get rid of the broken caps on my face... at night i would mix fresh avocado and grapeseed oil together and put it on my face. its super easy just mash up an avocado and add a tiny bit of grapeseed oil to it. leave it on for 15 min then wash it off. then i would add emu oil on my face throughout the night. mother nature provides us with everything we need to heal ourselves. dont use man made products on ya skin its full of chemicals. look up the benefits of lemon on the skin, avocado and grape seed oil. all these things are natural and gentle on the skin. i have before and after pics but this site dont have any way for me to upload them so if you want to see what i look like now just inbox me and i will send you the pics to ya email. hope this was helpful good luck to you all.

i suffered from this for two years. i didn't give up i refused to believe i would have to live like this for the rest of my life. I kept searching and educating myself on skin and the health benefits of certain fruits and veggies.I have always been a firm believer of doing things the natural route. i will never ever again in life put anything made in a lab that is unnatural on my face, that's what got me in this predicament in the 1st place. you cant trust what's in these products. they dont care about you they only care about making money.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you use lamer. The product of this brand has very strong repair ability. In particular, his cream and essence can repair the stratum corneum. Very suitable for sensitive and damaged skin. It can even dilute the scar. But the price is very high. If you want to repair, you should first choose this brand.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
NIA 24 Skin Strengthening Complex

Dr Jart + Ceramidin cream

Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |