Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Chronically dry and peeling lips...what works for you?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
I am done with peeling lips!
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Organic virgin coconut oil is amazing on anything that's dry. 😃 Just make certain it's unrefined.

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
naia2006
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Amy,
Thank you so much! I have been trying jojoba, coconut oil....so far they are still peeling in sheets. I am frustrated, I've always had dry lips but right now they are constantly chapped.
Saphire
5% products discount

Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I have found that only Elizabeth Arden's 24 hr balm works for me as I am prone to exceptionally dry lips. I have tried so many other products that don't work for me. For me this one is a must!
Lin1313
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:03 am      Reply with quote
naia2006 wrote:
I am done with peeling lips!

I rub on Vit E oil.
Peach.Beauty

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:09 am      Reply with quote
use sugar, natural and good moisturizer !
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Naia,
Have you found anything that helps? I too have always had chapped lips in the winter but not a problem in the other seasons. For the past couple of years, they are perpetual peeling in sheets as you have described. I have changed to an all natural tooth paste. I've tried the oils you suggested. All lip balms, Vaseline, triple antibiotic crea
m...
Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated! Sad
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have very dry lips and an expensive, but pretty good product is: Makeover Workshop's Re-Creation Lip Treatment. It is made in LA and I buy it online. I use it a.m. and p.m. The rest of the day I make do with Caudalie Lip conditioner which is a fraction of the cost of the other one.
The Makeover Workshop one is in a great pump container, so you can use a tiny bit. It lasts me about 6 months.It doesn't solve the problem, but keeps it under control for me.
I used to use Smith's Rosebud, but it stopped working for me. After 10+ years of use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
A couple years ago I had the same problem. No matter what I put on my lips it didn't help. My dentist actually suggested that I switch to another brand of toothpaste. He thought it may be an allergic reaction to my toothpaste & he was right! I switched from coldgate to Crest & my lips healed within a couple days! You might want to try switching toothpaste & see if it helps?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Good info, my niece has this problem and she is only 13. Nothing works for her.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend you to use a home made scrub for your lips which works best for me. Mix some Honey and sugar and use it as a scrub on your lips. Wish you happy lips Wink
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Just looking for these particular solutions as experiencing dry weather here....
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Some people swear by Vaseline as it helps protect the lips, moisturizes and coats them to prevent drying out.
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. It will change your life.

I also occasionally use Fresh's balm, but since discovering the Agave Mask, I use little else. I also layer my Creme de la Mer (that I no longer use on my face) under it. I wake up, and my lips stay soft and smooth all day, and I use a LOT of liquid lipsticks, which can be drying to lips.
ulli64

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Melt a little Beeswax.sheabutter and castor oil for a nice shine put it in a little empty cream jar.
You can melt it in a glas in hot water until all the ingredeans are blended.

If you dont like make this by your own,have a look for organic lipcare without mineral oil.

Or use pure sheabutter over night and before lipstick.

And i also cant use every toothpaste.
hautcosmetics
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2018 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
coconut oil is best on anything that's dry.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I pat and dab on CELLCOSMET eye cream over the lips and around the lips, wait for 2 min, then put on a protective layer (any lip balm or even vaseline would do but would go for Elizabeth Arden 24 hours cream)

Amazing results!
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have this trouble and I plan to give it a try. It's great to see a lot of skin care experience in this forum.
frognkisses
5% products discount

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:03 am      Reply with quote
What works for me is to apply Willard water lotion first and then put on emu oil. This has worked for both dry hands and lips
skinmudra

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I am using SkinMudra honey almond lip balm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Organic virgin coconut oil is amazing on anything that's dry.
TinaRobertz

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Dry lips are the most common problem we all suffer from.. But practicing some habits and avoiding some other will help you keep your lips healthy and beautiful.

"Winter season affects your lips badly and cause severe damages to the skin around your lips during this time.

See some tips to keep your lips smooth and lovely all winter long:

# Don’t lick your lips.

It's a natural feeling for all of us to lick our lips when it is dry. Licking the lips make the lips more dry instead of making it moist. SO avoid licking your lips

# Drink plenty of water.

Dehydration is one of the main reasons for dry and chapped lips. Drinking plenty of water is the best way to stay hydrated. So drink plenty of water to keep your lips moisturized and reduce the chance that they will become chapped.

# Apply lip balm before you go to bed

The best way to avoid lip chapping or dry lips is to moisturize your lips by any best lip balm for dry lips from good brands that doesn't include any chemicals.

Make sure you use lip products that are free of chemicals and dyes.
Use lip balms and lipsticks with spf protection to keep your lips protected from Sun's damaging rays.

Apply lip balms before you keep, to keep your lips hydrated and moisturized during the winter season. Apply lip masks that can transforms the lip contour.

# Wear something over your face.

It is wise to stay inside on cold, dry days when possible. If you have to go out cover your face. Most of us cover face except lips when we go out. Make sure we cover lips too to keep the lips away from dust, air & cold.

# Avoid Lip products containing any chemicals

Lip products containing chemicals like petroleum jelly, castor oil, camphor, eucalyptus and menthol can dry out your lips and make the problem worse. So make sure you use good quality lip products that can keep your lips healthy and beautiful.

Use those lip products that helps you keep your lips hydrated and moisturized during this winter. Using organic lip products can always help you achieve healthy and beautiful lips at any age..
joyknights
5% products discount

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Laneige sleeping mask it helps in keeping lips soft and moisturize.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Aquaphor

Cellular Skin Rx Fresh Pout Lip Balm ( a tiny bit better) sold here.

A Korean Lip sleeping mask ( I have Carenel)

https://www.amazon.com/CARENEL-Korean-Cosmetics-Sleeping-Maintaining/dp/B01M8NQNL5

I bought mine on EBay.
Pandahugs7

Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:14 am      Reply with quote
My lower lip only started to peel all the time no matter where I was, what I did or what lip product I tried- and this started over 10 years ago. It drove me nuts. After it would peel, about 24 hours later it would peel again. Recently after all these years I found out I have an autoimmune disease that dries out
my body’s tissues. Sucks. The peeling was probably the beginning of it. But, early last year BEFORE I knew I was sick, I solved my peeling lips after I read a blog online. It worked. What do I use once a day at night before bed on my lips? Lansinoh pure Lanolin- the same stuff breast feeding mothers put on their nipples. I got a bunch of it in tiny little tubes
on Amazon amd never looked back. My lips may TRY to peel, but really don’t. I keep tubes in my nightstand and travel bag. Not in purse as I only need it at night once. I have no idea why everything else you can think of never worked but the Lamolin! I am so relieved for almost 2 years now. I face other dry issues,but tackle them as I can.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |