Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Drug Store Favorites!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Sounds nice Mariav
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Benefit "They're Real" is the best mascara I've used - don't understand the raves about Dior Show.

Last week I undertook a mission to find a liquid eyeliner that doesn't budge. I tried a few cheaper brands and found one I really like - Bourjois Liner Clubbing. It truly stays put!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I've found an Asian brand I really like for a liquid liner - Dolly Wink.

I love that many of these Asian brands make liners and mascara in a medium brown shade..I need brown around my eyes - black is so harsh on me.

It's ironic (to me at least) that brown eye make up is more common in Asia than the U.S.

Benefit They're Real is black, so I only wear it at night - and with a brown liner.

I am finding more and more I like about the Benefit brand...

BFG
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have natural blonde hair with fair skin and blue eyes, so black is pretty intense on me. I don't do it during the day. I have found a beautiful maroon- purple mascara from geurlain that looks really flattering on my skin tone and makes my eyecolor stand out nicely. I have become addicted to it. It is much nicer on me than brown. I highly recommend this tone. Apparently it looks great on other skin tones and eye colors too.

By the way, I tried the underneath between the upper lashes eyeliner application trick today and it rocked! What's it called again? I used what I had right there - a bobby brown gel liner and a flat synthetic brush by hakuhodo.

I adore these brushes. Pricey but amazing! I got a set.

http://www.hakuhodousa.com/
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Idealist wrote:
I have natural blonde hair with fair skin and blue eyes, so black is pretty intense on me. I don't do it during the day. I have found a beautiful maroon- purple mascara from geurlain that looks really flattering on my skin tone and makes my eyecolor stand out nicely. I have become addicted to it. It is much nicer on me than brown. I highly recommend this tone. Apparently it looks great on other skin tones and eye colors too.

By the way, I tried the underneath between the upper lashes eyeliner application trick today and it rocked! What's it called again? I used what I had right there - a bobby brown gel liner and a flat synthetic brush by hakuhodo.

I adore these brushes. Pricey but amazing! I got a set.

http://www.hakuhodousa.com/

tightlining

Maroon-purple mascara set against <your> blue eyes...really sounds divine. Is yours waterproof?
Idealist
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:18 am      Reply with quote
No, not waterproof, I never have needed it. The formula is not a thick clumpy one. It comes in a gold rectangular case and has a very smooth fine texture. So it lengthens and thickens but not in a dramatic clumpy way. It can be layered. The color is so much nicer than brown for a softer than black look. Apparently it looks beautiful on brown and hazel eyes, and works equally well on brunettes. Actually I think on green it is killer too. It's just a really flattering color.

Yes, tightlining. Thanks for sharing that. It works nicely.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I need to add Thayer's Witch Hazel - alcohol free w/ aloe vera to my list. I've been using this for a couple of months and I just love it... my pores are now non-existent and my skin feels so smooth and soft. I am thrilled. So what I've been doing is taking a baby washcloth with warm water and just lay it over my face to get any makeup loose - then I use a cotton round w/ the witch hazel to get off any residual makeup - I think I'm in love! Very Happy

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been trying a mini of the Benefit They're Real! mascara for the last few days--wow! it's actually pretty great and I really like the brush with the spiky ball at the end. I do find it difficult to remove with oil or balm cleansing but it seems to come off easily enough with the Bioderma Sensibio H2O.

Which brings me to one of my favourite drugstore finds: the non-rinse Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution for Sensitive Skin. LOVE this stuff. It easily removes makeup, is fragrance free and completely non-irritating.

Mariav, thanks for the Thayer's Witch Hazel share. Is it the one with rose petal? TIA!
alienoreo
5% products discount

Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare/makeup is my primary hobby and perhaps my only vice. Therefore, I don't consider price an object and am only concerned with quality and results. I do love nice packaging though. I agree with the sentiment that drugstore products have gotten much, much better in recent years, and I'd say about 1/3 of the products I own came from CVS or the makeup/skincare aisles of my local grocery store.

Here are my favorites:

Moisturizer: CeraVe PM. Seriously, you can't beat this. Barrier repair and a significant amount of niacinamide, which my skin loves. Wish it had some antioxidants, but it's still a top-notch moisturizer.

Multi-tasker: Aquaphor ointment. How does anyone get by without this? I keep one in my purse, one in each bathroom, one by the bed, and one at work. I can use this for just about anything in a pinch.

Cleanser: Olay 4-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths - Sensitive. I've been in love with these for years and wouldn't think of traveling without them. Can't count the number of themes these have saved my butt (or a travel companion's). Very mild, takes off all makeup, neutral scent, disposable, easy to pack, TSA friendly... Just fantastic. Special mention: CeraVe Foaming Cleanser and Hydrating Cleanser.

Lipstick: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolor. Best long-wearing lip color in my arsenal and a must on days I know will be long and full of meetings. Color selection is good and the texture is great. My go-to colors are Azalea and Geranium.

Eyeshadow: Maybelline Color Tattoo. A superior line of cream shadows. On me, creaseless, long-wearing, and versatile. Hope they add a lot more shades to the permanent collection. Every single time I'm in a drugstore, I look for LE shades.

Tools: Real Techniques Brushes. I get these in the drugstore section at Ulta. These are some of the best makeup brushes I've ever owned at any price point. Soft, easy to clean, sturdy (they absolutely do not shed!) and really, dirt cheap for the quality. Would love to see a wider range available for separate purchase. I don't need any more sets but I could use about 10 of the domed eyeshadow brush. Special Mention: Sonia Kashuk Brushes.

Blush: Milani - Luminoso. Beautiful, beautiful. Very high quality blush with great lasting power.

Nails: CND Solar Oil. Essential for a quick manicure. Dries polish in a flash, smells nice, and moisturizes cuticles. My longest-running beauty staple (since 1990).

Tue May 06, 2014 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I've been trying a mini of the Benefit They're Real! mascara for the last few days--wow! it's actually pretty great and I really like the brush with the spiky ball at the end. I do find it difficult to remove with oil or balm cleansing but it seems to come off easily enough with the Bioderma Sensibio H2O.

Which brings me to one of my favourite drugstore finds: the non-rinse Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution for Sensitive Skin. LOVE this stuff. It easily removes makeup, is fragrance free and completely non-irritating.

Mariav, thanks for the Thayer's Witch Hazel share. Is it the one with rose petal? TIA!

I was wrong about this coming off easily with the Bioderma Sensibio H20--it really doesn't. Confused I consider it a major drawback as I'm not one to use a separate eye makeup removal product with any regularity.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2014 8:07 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I've been trying a mini of the Benefit They're Real! mascara for the last few

Hi Havana - sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I just saw this post back up to the top again! Smile No - not the rose petal one - this one:

http://www.vitacost.com/thayers-witch-hazel-with-aloe-vera-original-alcohol-free#BVRRWidgetID

Love it and still use it.

Maria Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2014 8:09 am      Reply with quote
alienoreo wrote:
Skincare/makeup is my primary hobby and perhaps my only vice. Therefore, I don't consider price an object and am only concerned with quality and results. I do love nice packaging though. I agree with the sentiment that drugstore products have gotten much, much better in recent years, and I'd say about 1/3 of the products I own came from CVS or the makeup/skincare aisles of my local grocery store.

Here are my favorites:

Moisturizer: CeraVe PM. Seriously, you can't beat this. Barrier repair and a significant amount of niacinamide, which my skin loves. Wish it had some antioxidants, but it's still a top-notch moisturizer.

Multi-tasker: Aquaphor ointment. How does anyone get by without this? I keep one in my purse, one in each bathroom, one by the bed, and one at work. I can use this for just about anything in a pinch.

Cleanser: Olay 4-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths - Sensitive. I've been in love with these for years and wouldn't think of traveling without them. Can't count the number of themes these have saved my butt (or a travel companion's). Very mild, takes off all makeup, neutral scent, disposable, easy to pack, TSA friendly... Just fantastic. Special mention: CeraVe Foaming Cleanser and Hydrating Cleanser.

Lipstick: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lipcolor. Best long-wearing lip color in my arsenal and a must on days I know will be long and full of meetings. Color selection is good and the texture is great. My go-to colors are Azalea and Geranium.

Eyeshadow: Maybelline Color Tattoo. A superior line of cream shadows. On me, creaseless, long-wearing, and versatile. Hope they add a lot more shades to the permanent collection. Every single time I'm in a drugstore, I look for LE shades.

Tools: Real Techniques Brushes. I get these in the drugstore section at Ulta. These are some of the best makeup brushes I've ever owned at any price point. Soft, easy to clean, sturdy (they absolutely do not shed!) and really, dirt cheap for the quality. Would love to see a wider range available for separate purchase. I don't need any more sets but I could use about 10 of the domed eyeshadow brush. Special Mention: Sonia Kashuk Brushes.

Blush: Milani - Luminoso. Beautiful, beautiful. Very high quality blush with great lasting power.

Nails: CND Solar Oil. Essential for a quick manicure. Dries polish in a flash, smells nice, and moisturizes cuticles. My longest-running beauty staple (since 1990).

Alienoreo - I've jotted down several of your suggestions here and will look for them nxt time I am out! I would agree on the Milani Luminoso - very pretty, quality blush... I was JUST in Ulta the other day looking at brushes as I need to re-up mine and will look at the ones you mentioned. I do have a couple of Sonia's brushes and they are really decent! I usually go right to her section when I'm in Target.

Maria Smile

Thu May 08, 2014 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
havana8 wrote:
I've been trying a mini of the Benefit They're Real! mascara for the last few

Hi Havana - sorry it took me so long to get back to you! I just saw this post back up to the top again! Smile No - not the rose petal one - this one:

http://www.vitacost.com/thayers-witch-hazel-with-aloe-vera-original-alcohol-free#BVRRWidgetID

Love it and still use it.

Maria Smile

Thanks, Maria!!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the CeraVe PM moisturizer.

Impressive ingredients for a drugstore moisturizer. I can use this day and night.

Canadians:

If you go to their site, you print a coupon.
http://www.cerave.ca/our-products/moisturizers/pm-facial-moisturizing-lotion

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
My drugstore must have is Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner. It's refreshing with subtle scent and it's mild and non-drying.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I love Prescriptives liquid eyeliner. Have used many and come back to this one which also has lash treatment in it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I love Prescriptives liquid eyeliner. Have used many and come back to this one which also has lash treatment in it.

The Physican's Formula is a lower cost alternative. It also has a lash enhancing formula in it. I like it as it is easy to find and often goes on sale for 30% or 40% off. Thin brush makes it easy to draw a smooth line.

I also like the PF argan oil. Glass dropper bottle. It is 100% argan oil. I reuse the bottle.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
bugaboo wrote:

The Physican's Formula is a lower cost alternative. It also has a lash enhancing formula in it. I like it as it is easy to find and often goes on sale for 30% or 40% off. Thin brush makes it easy to draw a smooth line.

I also like the PF argan oil. Glass dropper bottle. It is 100% argan oil. I reuse the bottle.

That is the one I meant, Duh! I don't know why I always confuse the two!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2018 10:42 am      Reply with quote
What are your drug store favorites for 2018?

I like the Dove Foaming shower wash. Scent wise I like all. Cucumber and Green Tea and Vanilla Shea are tied.

I also discovered Sinful Colours Nail polish. $1.99 at my local grocery store.

If anyone has hair suggestions, I would like to hear.

I have dry, colour treated hair. I am looking for something to moisturize.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2018 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I haven't been here in forever, but here are mine!

I love the Aveeno baby soothing relief wash, for when my face is feeling irritated.

Micellar waters, I like both the Garnier for sensitive skin in the pink bottle, and the olay Luminous which has niacinamide and a peptide. They are both super gentle.

My HG body cream is the Cerave SA cream, which actually has more AHA (lactic) than BHA. The tub lasts a good long while.

Our CVS has korean beauty products now, not a ton but there are some fun face masks I may try shortly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay... sensitive range. esp the micellar water
sunsoutbeauty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:03 am      Reply with quote
I also like the Dove Foaming shower wash.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
LA ROCHE POSAY Micellar Cleansing Water for sensitive skins
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
MARTIDERM ampoules are great too! I am using Black Diamond
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |