Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best at-home light device for rosacea / facial skin redness?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Back on the forum after a long time away!

Wondering what everyone's opinion is on the best at-home light therapy device for rosacea or facial skin redness? Embarassed

I have mild rosacea and my formerly acne-prone, and still currently sensitive skin tends toward redness and slotchiness. Am wanting to start wearing less foundation and powder, but feel too uncomfortable doing so unless I get the redness and splotching under control. I work in a professional environment (law firm) and cannot look unpolished, which is how my splotchy skin looks without sufficient coverage.

Help? Your opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Very Happy
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

590 nm Yellow
660 nm Red
830 or 850 nm Infrared

All good wavelengths for redness/rosacea.

A word of caution: some people with rosacea seem to experience (some) flushing with the use of infrared (which subsides after a while). Some just can’t handle infrared at all (I guess more severe cases).

I did a quick search and found this article:

http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/index.php?title=Combining_Light-Based_Treatments_and_Topicals_for_Rosacea:_Dr._David_J._Goldberg%2C_MD

Quote from the article:

“Basic rule is yellow LED for mild redness, red LED for more inflamed rosacea, combination of red and near-infrared for inflammation and swelling”.

It will require consistent use over a longer period of time for LED to show results.

Most of the ‘at home units’ use one or a combination of the above wavelengths. There are many options to choose from. Some good, some not so good.

Do you prefer a panel device or a handheld?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Well I was looking for something like this from days. Thanks for sharing such a good article. I was also thinking about light-based treatments or to get a Blue LED treatment.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Jimm wrote:
... Do you prefer a panel device or a handheld?

Hi Jimm,

Thank you so much for your reply and the article link, I will take a look at it.

I'm not really certain which type of device I prefer, but I think I'm leaning more toward a handheld because I think it might be more portable and easier to use, plus I can concentrate it on specific areas like the left side of my face, which, for some reason, tends to have more redness on the cheek area.

Do you have any recommendations on a device? My hope was that someone who has used a device that really worked on their rosacea would pipe in with their advice.
Jimm
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MermaidGirl,

I don't have a recommendation on a specific device but maybe you could find some info on the Lightstim Rosacea thread.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32096

Or maybe you could email Rita from Prolight and ask her if the yellow/amber led would help your type of redness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jimm, thank you again, so much, for pointing me in the direction of that thread! I really appreciate your helpfulness. I will take a look at that thread, and also see about contacting Rita.

Thanks again!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Having tried the Finacea for rosacea/redness and metrogels in the past, etc. (plus the Baby Q) the only thing that has worked for me was the IPL (when done correctly).
I have asked all of my estheticians/derms/docs thru the years about the results of LED for rosacea and none were encouraging.
As for me, having used the Baby Q for years, it did not help. And while it did make my face flush while using it, it was gone by the next morning.
Having to go back in the next few weeks for a follow-up to the Finacea run (again) with my derm, I will see what is next to try, other than another IPL.
They all have told me that topical Retin-A of any kind on my skin will make it worse and cause more broken caps. Hmmm...

5% products discount

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I've recently read an article that facial redness could be due to facial plethora. Here is the link to it http://mobilehealthdata.com/facial-plethora/

If your case is the same then the above link is very useful for you.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |