Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What is actually happening at the first signs of aging?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone got some information on that somewhere online i could read?

I know sun damage can be what gradually begins showing but for me personally ive not been much of a sunbather although when i was in the sun i probably didnt protect myself but i rarely went in it. I now use sunscreen when i go out (physical) Trialing a few but sticking to ones with higher zinc oxide.

Im 25 and my skin feels squishy compared to a year or so ago. Im wondering really what is the general reason for this? Is collagen breaking down? Is elastin? Im looking into face exercises, microcurrent and red light therapy my skins very sensitive i cant use AHA's etc. Vitamin c was too strong for me, i think ive had reactions to MAP in the DHC vitamin c essence. Ive used it on my neck to try it out but my skin seems to itch a little after using it but i seem to itch with anything including water! crazy crazy skin!
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I think stress /inflammation (whatever the cause) can also cause breakdown of collagen and elastin, as well as maybe lipolysis in some cases...

I have doctor friends with dark skin who never got any sun, but by the end of their residency (no sleep, stress) , they look their age or older.

1) get as much sleep as possible

2) reduce stress

3) for me, eating tons of raw vegetables and fruits and fish oil seems to be helping my skin rebuild. Sleep seems to help too.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Part of the issue here is that no two people age identically or exactly alike, so what may be the first signs of aging for me, may be substantially different for you, or person A, B or C. Even when it comes to the so called unavoidable factors like genetics, lifestyle, sundamage – they don’t impact any two people identically.

Likewise with sun damage its not so much about being in the sun but the potential damage that UVA and UVB rays can do. They can penetrate glass so even if you were indoors your whole youth growing up – it doesn’t mean that you didn’t get some UVA or UVB rays that did some damage.

Now at 25 your body is still growing and developing and from what I’ve read this continues up to your late 20’s which are still a few years off yet. Now with your skin feeling squishy that could be a number of factors – but a big one that you will read a lot about is hormones. At 25 years your hormones are still likely fluctuating and that has a tremendous impact on skin. Its unlikely to be collagen or elastic breaking down but more likely to be a response to something whether stress, lifestyle changes etc. Be careful about doing too much too soon. At 25 years you haven’t got a load of damage to heal or undo, and doing too much too soon can be more troublesome.
sar9876
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
i dont mean to contradict the prior poster in a combative way, but it depends on yoru skin

Im very, very fair, and gots lots of sun and by 24 I had lines and a lot of sun damage.

So, for me, using topicals like retin was the best thing. There are well known derms who put younger people especially of celtic origin on retinoids to counteract the inevitable sun damage.

but yeah, it is really individual. get better sleep though, no matter what is going on it will help
Hellen

Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
sunblock is a girl's best friend, always wear it when you step out, rain or shine. hat with a large brim also provides additional sun protection.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Avoid using hot water to clean skin, ingredients and cleansers to keep simple ingredients, wash face to avoid using super-cold or super-hot temperature, avoid stimulating skin friction, massage or excessive cleaning, prohibit smoking and drinking, remember your allergens, exercise every day to promote blood circulation.
zsa.cream

Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
first signs of internal aging that you will notice be in the structure of your skin.Fine wrinkle, Broken blood vessels, Skin laxity, The skin becomes rough, Plan and transparent skin, Firmness look loss of your arms and neck that all are the signs.
BeautyBella2x

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly I think it's the eyes for a lot of people. Since the skin underneath is a lot thinner than the rest of your face you notice wrinkles their first (called crow's feet). I noticed a thin blood vessel that's become more pronounced a couple months ago but it could also be from sleep deprivation or chronic stress.
zsa.cream

Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:15 am      Reply with quote
First signs of aging can appear in our twienty's they can differ from person to person depending on lifestyle. main internal aging signs includes Fine wrinkles, Broken blood vessels, Skin laxity, skin becomes rough, Plan and transparent skin, Firmness look loss of your arms and neck, age spots, crows feet.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I had to think hard about this.... as to what constitutes signs of aging.

I think it first dawned on me my skin was changing (aged) when I noticed pimples, after they've popped or naturally gone away, were leaving scars or marks behind that took longer to recover, from around 32 years old.

There are other more obvious signs of aging since but not all ended up bad. For instance, my eye lids have slackened by about 1-1.5mm but I now look like I have double-eye creases (which is a plus). Also, my cheeks probably droped a little and guess what! I have a small dimple on my left lower cheek when I smile.

So, I am growing into my looks so to speak.

On the negative side, I have some pigmentation, broken capillaries and large pores. I just tell myself they are only obvious to me but not to others (which I don't really believe, I just tell myself that!)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |