Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used Institut Esthederm products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Joan Pidgeon

Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Institut Esthederm is a french company. I think the products are wonderful, slightly expensive, but worth it. Particularly one, which is called OsmoClean. It is a non-granular exfoliant which smells good too. IE products are sold in salons in the US and UK, but are not very easy to find.

I'm curious if anyone else uses their products? And where do you get them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Cellular Water Cream and absolutely adore it. They've just now come out with a Cellular Water Mask and am looking forward to picking that up as well.

They're very good products, but some of them are quite pricey (as are the eye patchs I want to pick up... 10 packages of 2 patchs for $97!!!!).

IMO, however, most often, they are worth the price.

A salon just down the street from me sells the products, but you can inquire with the Canadian distributor to find a vendor in your location.

Esthederm / Giderma
Tel. : (514) 270-3763
Email : info@giderma.com

5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried their sun care products?

The photo reverse for hyper pigmented skin has great reviews but I've no idea what the protection is as they don't have an spf or ppd rating on the bottle.
leirac.com

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I can't find a full ingredients list for their "NO SUN" and "Photo Reverse" sunscreens.

They do not list filters at all, so I would assume they are using all chemical filters since it needs to be applied 20 min before sun exposure. It is quite vague.

This is all I could find about the
Institut Esthederm Photo Cellular Care Photo Reverse Anti Brown Spot Fluid sunscreen:

"The first protective anti-spot sunscreen that uses the sun to help reverse the pigmentation process and gradually lighten skin.

Completely safe exposure and progressive skin lightening.

An ultra-high protection formula that blocks almost all of the sun’s radiation and helps reverse the pigmentation process to gradually lighten the skin. Resists water and perspiration.

Directions for use: Apply evenly to the face and neckline 20 minutes before exposure. Renew application every 2 hours.

Patents and associated actives:
Photo Reverse: Palmaria palmata oligosaccharides, Melanostatin, Andrographolide.
UV Invellium Technology: Internal protection: High definition hydrolysed proteins, Nucleotides of natural origin, Tocotrienol, Creatine, Vitamin complex, 18-β-glycyrrhetinic acid. External protection: Combination of filters and screens.
Cellular Water: Water, ATP, Carnosine, mineral salts.

This is all I could find for their NO SUN Sunscreen:

"A maximum sun screen to completely protect the skin from sun" An ultra-high protection formula that blocks almost all of the sun’s radiation to allow exposure without tanning. Resists water and perspiration. The effects of the sun are blocked. Skin is protected and can be exposed without tanning in any sun conditions. "

Anti-dehydrating complex, Xylitol, UV INCELLIUM TECHNOLOGY Internal protection: High definition hydrolysed proteins, Nucleotides of natural origin, Tocotrienol, Creatine, Vitamin complex, 18-β-glycyrrhetinic acid External protection: Combination of filters and screens. CELLULAR WATER Water, ATP, Carnosine, mineral salts
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks leirac, I assumed they were chemical which I wouldn't mind as long as they were using some of the more stable filters.

As you say there's no way of knowing because they shroud more things in vague mystique than La Mer!
AlcoholicArtist
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Someone has posted the ingredients on makeupalley,

INGREDIENTS: Aqua/ Water. Dicaprylyl Carbonate (.good emollient and does not leave an oily film on the skin) Octocrylene (organic compound can penetrate into the skin where it acts as a photosensitizer). Methylene Bis-Benzotriazoyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (TINOSORB M). Butyl Methoxydibenzoneylmethane (AVOBENZONE), Dipropylene Glycol. Bis-Ethylhexyloxphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (TINOSORB S). Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier, humectant (moisture retainer), and moisturizer), Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone ,Behenate, PEG100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Artemia Extract (It activates cell functions, as well as protects the DNA from UV-B), Carnosine (is an active anti-aging substance), Algae Extract, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate (,acidity regulator ) Hexapeptide-2, Decyl Glyucoside, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 Alcohols, Xantam Gum, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlophenesin, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide.
Indium
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
AlcoholicArtist wrote:
Someone has posted the ingredients on makeupalley,

INGREDIENTS: Aqua/ Water. Dicaprylyl Carbonate (.good emollient and does not leave an oily film on the skin) Octocrylene (organic compound can penetrate into the skin where it acts as a photosensitizer). Methylene Bis-Benzotriazoyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (TINOSORB M). Butyl Methoxydibenzoneylmethane (AVOBENZONE), Dipropylene Glycol. Bis-Ethylhexyloxphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine (TINOSORB S). Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier, humectant (moisture retainer), and moisturizer), Hydroxypropyl Dimethicone ,Behenate, PEG100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Artemia Extract (It activates cell functions, as well as protects the DNA from UV-B), Carnosine (is an active anti-aging substance), Algae Extract, Disodium Adenosine Triphosphate (,acidity regulator ) Hexapeptide-2, Decyl Glyucoside, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 Alcohols, Xantam Gum, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlophenesin, Disodium Edta, Sodium Hydroxide.

That is great you found the full ingredients list. It is cool to see there is another brand using the Tinosorbs other than Avene and Biotherm. I just wish they would not include OCTOCRYLENE and AVOBENZONE.
I wish we could find a sunscreen that used Tinosorb M & S and Zinc only. Why must they ruin it with the other unstable or Hormone disrupting/DNA damaging sunscreen filters.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been looking for this brand for the last couple of years.

I really want to try the sun protection line.
Is this line available in Canada?
pinadlee

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Yes it is available in Canada. I retail it at my surgeon's office in Ajax, Ontario. If you are not near by check the Esthederm website for a local retailer.

Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Joan Pidgeon wrote:
Institut Esthederm is a french company. I think the products are wonderful, slightly expensive, but worth it. Particularly one, which is called OsmoClean. It is a non-granular exfoliant which smells good too. IE products are sold in salons in the US and UK, but are not very easy to find.

I use and retail Esthederm and absolutely love it!!! In my 12 years as a medical esthetician I have never been "wowed" by any product line until I discovered Esthederm. The most amazing product ever created is the EVE Serum...it is visually transforming my skin by the day. And yes the OsmoClean, also known as the Lightening Buffing Mask, is a fabulous product, as our all there cleansing products.
In regards to the price, it really is not out of line with high end department store skin care lines, while providing unsurpassed results. For the quality and the results, Esthederm is worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
pinadlee wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Yes it is available in Canada. I retail it at my surgeon's office in Ajax, Ontario. If you are not near by check the Esthederm website for a local retailer.

Thank you! I think there is an issue with the site, so I still can't find a local retailer that sell this line Sad
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very old threat but I wanted to bring this back up because EDS is selling this brand!!! Dancing

When will EDS sell No Sun for sun protection?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link to the newest products in this line

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/institut-esthederm-n_1229.htm

Unfortunately, I don't see a serious sunscreen in there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't see it also Sad

I'm hoping EDS will get it!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I got this at Charles de Gaulle airport. It is considered a pre-Retinol cream. I was actually looking for Filorga, but the lines were so long, I could not make it to the duty-free which I'm not sure is much cheaper anymore. However, I was able to pick this up quickly and so far since end of October I have been using it as a night cream and am happy with it. It makes my face look brighter and with using Lifeline Day Defense in the morning and this Esthederm cream at night, my skin is looking really good. My daughters' friends all want to know what I use to have such great skin. I have real wrinkles, but I do have some sagging in one cheek that is now about 1-2 years old. That is what my derm called it. There is no fix for that, I guess.
Iam hoping that EDS will carry some of the product I bought because short of getting Retinol(which I have never tried), this is excellent.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I used Institut Esthederm Adaptasun Body Lotion. It is designed specially for summers with great protection to our skin against UVA/UVB rays and photo-ageing.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
I got this at Charles de Gaulle airport. It is considered a pre-Retinol cream. I was actually looking for Filorga, but the lines were so long, I could not make it to the duty-free which I'm not sure is much cheaper anymore. However, I was able to pick this up quickly and so far since end of October I have been using it as a night cream and am happy with it. It makes my face look brighter and with using Lifeline Day Defense in the morning and this Esthederm cream at night, my skin is looking really good. My daughters' friends all want to know what I use to have such great skin. I have real wrinkles, but I do have some sagging in one cheek that is now about 1-2 years old. That is what my derm called it. There is no fix for that, I guess.
Iam hoping that EDS will carry some of the product I bought because short of getting Retinol(which I have never tried), this is excellent.

I just reread this since I wrote it. I don't know why it says "I have read wrinkles", I meant to say I have FEW wrinkles, still true, and I'm now over 75. Get carded at airports because I don't have to take off my shoes at that age, but they don't believe me! Still doing well. Thanks Lifeline and Institute Esthederm!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, pinadlee! I love a good review from aa practicing aethetician.

What other lines have you worked with that you would recommend?

Thanks!

pinadlee wrote:
Joan Pidgeon wrote:

I use and retail Esthederm and absolutely love it!!! In my 12 years as a medical esthetician I have never been "wowed" by any product line until I discovered Esthederm. The most amazing product ever created is the EVE Serum...it is visually transforming my skin by the day. And yes the OsmoClean, also known as the Lightening Buffing Mask, is a fabulous product, as our all there cleansing products.
In regards to the price, it really is not out of line with high end department store skin care lines, while providing unsurpassed results. For the quality and the results, Esthederm is worth it.
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
yes, I confirm,
esthederm products are very effective, sun screen are widely used in France,
but still a bit expensive
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
AlcoholicArtist wrote:
Has anyone tried their sun care products?

The photo reverse for hyper pigmented skin has great reviews but I've no idea what the protection is as they don't have an spf or ppd rating on the bottle.

I tried this one before. Not bad. Actually experience was good, absorbing fast, neither too dry nor too greasy.

But my concern is that there is no spf/ppd indicating on the bottle, so I didn’t purchase again.
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
jess2101 wrote:
yes, I confirm,
esthederm products are very effective, sun screen are widely used in France,
but still a bit expensive

Do you know its equivalent spf? I cannot find any information. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |