Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used Lumigan to grow their lashes....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:29 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I've been using Careprost for a week and my upper lids feel irritated and are slightly red. I apply very carefully with a very thin eyeliner brush amongst the lashes and barely above them. Not sure if it's due to the Careprost. I use Tretinoin micro gel 3x wk but not below the eyelid crease so I doubt it's migrated close to my eyelashes. I use copper peptides daily but not below the eyelid crease.

At this early stage would I still see results if I only used Careprost just 3x per week?

My eyes became extremely red and irritated from Careprost so I had to stop using it. Thicker eyelashes aren't worth waking up every morning with eyes that look like tomatoes!

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Lumigan for just over three weeks for high ocular pressure. The doctor mentioned possible eyelash growth as a side effect. But I never expected it to be this much this fast. My eyelashes are quite a bit thicker and are at least 30% longer in just three weeks. The doctor isn't concerned, but with this much growth in less than a month, I have to wonder how they'll look after three months. If they continue growing at this rate, by three months, if not sooner, I'll have to trim them.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:58 am      Reply with quote
A problem we all wish we had lol!

I use Lumigan specifically for lash growth; it works but not as well as for you, lucky Miss.
MissAnny

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:34 am      Reply with quote
It's now been 6 weeks since I started using Lumigan. The lash growth hasn't slowed. I would say my lashes are now at least twice as long as when I started. I've shed a few but it seems to be the normal shedding and replacement because I don't notice any difference in the appearance, except the length (longer) and color (black now) and they're still thick. A pharmacist friend told me that I obviously have a sensitivity to the bimatoprost in Lumigan. At this rate my lashes will be at the OMG! stage in another 3 weeks.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer to use mascrara.I'm worried about hurting my eyes.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm at 8 weeks and my lashes are now beginning to touch my reading glasses when I blink. I'm seeing a lot of new lashes starting to grow also. My bottom lashes are filling in and getting a lot longer and darker too. To "luyan", I understand your concern, but in my case, I have no choice. I'm not using the drops specifically for lash growth. I have to use the drops directly in my eyes every night for glaucoma. My lash growth is a side effect.
MissAnny

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so yesterday I happened to be using a magnifying mirror to tweeze my eyebrows. When the light was just right I noticed that my eyelashes were even longer than I thought. It seems there's a fairly long section on the ends of a lot of them that are very fine and light colored. I'm assuming the lighter sections on the ends are my original lashes, before I started using Lumigan, and the black sections are the new growth. I very seldom use mascara, especially since starting Lumigan. But I put some on both the top and bottom lashes yesterday. It was a little shocking, honestly. I would say there's an additional 25% in length that I never noticed without mascara. It also became apparent that a lot more of them are touching my glasses than I thought. With the mascara on, I can see that most of my lashes actually reach the bottom of my eyebrows. I had thought the Lumigan had turned my light colored lashes black, but apparently the black sections are the new growth, while the original part of the lashes are still very light in color and much finer. I've been very suprised by the amount of growth I've had in just two months, but now it's actually shocking!
MissAnny

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm now at 12 weeks and my lashes are unbelievably long. They look like false eyelashes. If I could, I would cut back on the drops to every other night, as I'm not sure I want my lashes to get any longer. But I'm using the drops to lower eye pressure (which it has), so I have to use it every night. I'm not sure how long eyelashes can get, but I don't want them to look ridiculous, while at the same time I really don't want to have to trim them either, as I'm afraid that will make them look unnatural too. Hopefully the growth will stop soon, or at least slow down. Twelve weeks ago I never thought I would be saying that!
LatteQueen
5% products discount

Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I had to cut back using careprost, I am applying it once a week cause it does make my eyes either feel like they are burning (but no redness at all), or some sort of pressure. Now here is the question?

I am applying CP once a week and the days i am not using it I am applying Peter thomas roth's Lashes to die for...will my lash length still remain the same or grow longer or not?

I had to cut back cause i was wearing false lashes and the eyelid skin is somehow irritated when glue is on it cause i felt that burning sensation, but never with mascara...thanks..

Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:06 am      Reply with quote
It's been 19 weeks since I started using Lumigan and I'm still amazed! The growth does seem to have slowed down, but I really don't think it has stopped. I'm actually surprised I haven't had to trim my lashes. I thought they might interfere with my vision if they got too long. But so far no problems. I do wish the outside lashes on my eyelid wouldn't curl as much as they do. The rest of my lashes are straight, unless I curl them. But the outside lashes are very curled. They are also a little longer than the rest, so maybe that's why they curl. I would say my lashes are at least a half inch long, maybe longer. With mascara they look like very long false lashes. The lower ones are a little shorter, but they're MUCH longer than they were. As I mentioned, the growth seems to have slowed, but not stopped completely yet. So I really don't know how long they're going to get. To LatteQueen, I'm not familiar with Lashes To Die For, but I don't think you'll see much growth from the CP by only using it once a week. Sometimes the irritation gets better after you've used the CP for awhile. When I first started using Lumigan, my eyelids were red and itchy. But after a few weeks it got better.
flick24
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've just ordered some careprost my lashes are quite long already but then I got exstentions and loved them hope to replicate the look, I mainly just want to improve thickness.
I've ordered 3 bottles how long should they last? is it nightly use initially then maintenance 3x weekly.
The posts about irritated eyes is quite worrying though.
MissAnny

Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
flick24...You might not get any irritation. Not everyone does, and usually if you do it will go away after a little bit of time. Three bottles should last you a long time. One drop will be enough for both eyes. Put one drop in the cap, use a very small brush, you can get a small paint brush at a hobby store, and brush it along your eyelid along the lash line. I'd use it every night for at least 4 months. Then 3 nights a week. By 4 months your lashes should be longer, darker and thicker.
jaykayes

Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if there is a difference in effectiveness for eyelash growth between Lumigan 0.01% an 0.03%?
sarafrye

Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I had great results with latisse, and was using it for almost 4 years. I started to notice my eyes were consistently getting darker and more sunken about 6 months ago. I'm not sure why I didn't have these side effects from the beginning. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it. It's been about a month and it seems like most of my periorbital fat has come back. It was great while it lasted... I might try using it again a few months from now. To know more side effects visit here InternationalDrugMart website.
PatKyle
5% products discount

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I can't speak for Latisse but I used the generic version, Careprost which is the same thing. I have typical Asian lashes (stick straight and they point down). I've used 2 bottles up already. Around the 4 week mark of using it, I noticed that my lashes were definitely thicker and longer. Around a month and a half, my lashes were super long! Very Happy People at work and my family asked me if I was wearing fake lashes (even when I didn't apply mascara). On days when I didn't wear makeup I would just curl my lashes and I would instantly look awake. I love the effects that Careprost gives!!
If you're curious this is reliable site where I get Careprost (Lumigan, Bimatoprost) and they sent it to me fast:
http://www.reliablewebs.net/go/Careprost+Bimatoprost Laughing
Their customer service was fantastic, price was awesome and I received my order within a few days. They also sent me a discount coupon code "SALE10" for 10% discount. Hope this helps!
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:29 am      Reply with quote
It is said that vitamin E capsules can lengthen eyelashes. You can try them. Good luck.
MargaretJ

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Excellent help, I recommend!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |