Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
After years, the end of my constantly dry and peeling lips!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Me too..my lips were REALLY bad last week I was peeling a new layer everday and it got so raw...eek.

It's gotten a lot better the past couple of days because I've increased my water intake. I need to start trying the rosehip oil, what I do is when I put my moisturizer on at night and in the morning I put in on my lips now, which is a combination of emu oil and HA serum. It seems to help a little bit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think another issues I did not emphasise before was.. to actually remove all normal lip products from your regime as well. I mean, my lips were so dry, I could not do any more damage by not moisturising right?!!

So here is a little step-by-step method you guys could try
1. After shower, either exfoliate gently or wipe with a hot muslin cloth (depending on how loose the dead skin is)
2. AFTER you have brushed your teeth, and just before you are in bed, apply the vit e, rosehip.
3. Do not use any lip products for at least 2-3 days during the day, which may mean forgoing the lipstick. Don't be afraid to expose your lips to the air Laughing I found a little wind actually helped to strengthen my lips, which were probably too pampered by lip balms. You may experience extreme taut skin, resist picking and licking.
4. If you want, apply the rosehip and vit e during the day, but since it does not have much staying power, and sunlight degrades both, I would rather not.
5. Continue the rosehip and vit e treatment for several nights and after a few days use either vaseline or lanolin (no products with castor oil) as a lip shield. If you already have an intolerance to vaseline/lanolin, then don't use anything.

Remember... don't add normal lip products back into the regime.. I made this mistake and used my Gatineau Electelle one day when I had forgotten my lanolin at home.. and my lips began to shed skin right before my eyes.

It's also about strengthening your lips so they heal and not be dependent on emollients.

And if all else fails..... think "internal", like drinking water, taking omega 3, silica, or even HA.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
miranets,

is there something I could use in place of lanolin. I don't have any readily availble and don't want to order off the net for this if I don't have to.

*edit*

Nevermind saw that I can use vaseline in place of it. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think another alternative could be Pawpaw ointment, but that is probably even more of an inconvenience to get..?

In my experience, the lanolin I use (the nipple balm type) is much thicker than vaseline, I feel that it gives more shielding properties.. so if vaseline doesn't work give lanolin a try.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
And another thing I forgot to mention.. SHEA butter would also be good if you already have it lying around.
nette
5% products discount

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I was also one with terminally chapped lips- for years (many many) I could not go anywhere without lip balm and still had awful lips. I went to a dermatologist who also recc'd Aquaphor, and finally my dentist prescribed something because she said it must be some type of mouth infection. Did absolutely nothing for me- but I want to mention it in case someone wants to try looking into that if the other stuff doesn't work.
Anyway- believe it or not- what finally fixed my problem was Citylips. I wasn't even using it for that- just for plumping, but it has ended the chapped lips! If I remember, at the beginning of using it, I had a few days where my lips felt sort of tight and dry but I kept going becasue the website said this can happen at first. Also, I don't just use this at night, but several times during the day. Still not at all like the constant lip balm addictin, and if I'm stuck somewhere and don't have it, my lips are fine and look and feel normal. Trouble is, it's so darned expensive. But I wanted to mention it, just in case the rosehip or other reccomendations don't work. For me, having plumped up (worked great at that) and non-dried out lips has been so worth the price. One more thing- I'm fifty, and I wonder if Citylips works best on older lips that have sort of deflated, as opposed to young lips. The plumping part took one month to take effect, so it's not an instant fix. But very, very noticeable, in my case.

Nette
Brooke27

Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been "battling" peeling lips for years! When I wake up they're peeling. Throughout the day they peel. My family gets so annoyed from me picking and biting them lol. I love to wear makeup and all that, but lipstick hasn't been an option for me because 1) it gets in the cracks 2) is patchy colored from the fresh and dry skin absorbing the color differently 3) the lipstick enhances the flakiness and lipstick is flaking off with the skin. It's a disaster lol!

I've used all kinds of Burt's Bees and Shea Butter moisturizers. Even took a sample from Sephora that was supposed to help. These didn't work. A friend suggested a new Chapstick called "8-Hour Moisture." It's vanilla scented and is in silver packaging. This stuff works! Not for 8 hours.. It last me about 2 or 3 hours before I need to re-apply. My lips still peel in the morning, but it's not nearly as bad throughout the day. It's okay for lipstick, but I have to monitor the lipstick to make sure it's not peeling/looking nasty. As long as I keep the magic Chapstick with me. I'm just letting some people know this helps!!

I'm going to buy some Rosehip Oil and Vitamin E and try this trick! Can't wait to see if this will work better than this miracle Chapstick.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Just to share my two cents here. I try to eat more fish and drink more water.

I use my facial moisturizer over my lips and I do have Rosebud, but I don't use it often anymore.
I will be getting a balm from La Prairie or Sisley to help the lipstick go on smoothly for those very dry days, but I have to agree, that sometimes less is more.
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes peeling lips are a result of waste being expelled like dry skin or simply by eating/drinking/bathing the lips in hot stuff.

If you touch your lips in a very hot cup of tea,they will probably be peeling the next hours.

So you can cut out the hot stuff and spices and see if there is a link to this.

I get peeling lips when i brush them with water with oil of oregano.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Will definitely give the RHO a try. My lips have always peeled like crazy, no matter what. Carmex has helped with cracking and bleeding, but not peeling.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2014 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Since this thread I have been layering rosehip oil and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and my peeling has almost stopped. Lipstick doesn't flake off anymore. Thanks for the tip on the oil as I had used it everywhere but my lips before and loved it!

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
The problem with putting oil(s) on lips is it doesn't stick and how do you think put on lip colours afterward during the day?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |