Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Medik8 Firewall really, really works to get rid of wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Laura222
5% products discount

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
My boss Marta has been using Medik8 Firewall and, to quote her, "It really, really works." She tried the product since she's got more wrinkles than I do (I'm still in prevention mode!) and gave me her feedback.

She started with daily application on the right side of her face for 36 days. It produced appreciably noticeable results. The biggest change is that her skin is much, much firmer. The beginnings of a nasolabiol groove are diminished and crow’s feet smoothed out. Overall skin tone isn’t bad.

Downside: Firewall is a little drying and needs to be followed with a moisturizer, but that's minor.

It has a dual chamber system, since the ingredients are most active when they first encounter one another, so they are kept in separate chambers until used. The idea is to pump a drop from each cylinder onto the back of the hand, mix together then apply.

There are several forms of copper in Firewall. Copper is the key mineral in lysyl oxidase, an enzyme which weaves together collagen and elastin, and there is a mountain of research on how topical applications of copper heal wounds.

Also on the of-high-interest list is Liprochroman-6, listed here as dimethylmethoxy chromanol. This is going to be an antioxidant to watch and may start showing up more and more in high-end, anti-aging potions. Lipochroman-6 is an able scavenger of two free radicals: RNS and ROS. According to Lipotec, who makes lipochronan-6, it does a significantly better job of fending off oxidative stress than resveratrol, the antioxidant component of grapes.

Although the Medik8 Firewall seems to work, there are a few ingredients that I'm not nuts about. Silicones are toxic and there are a few in Medik8. It also contains the preservative sodium benzoate, which in a British study on yeast cells appeared to attack cells’ mitochondria, damaging their ability to prevent oxygen leaks that create free radicals.

In conclusion: Medik8's Firewall product ($125, can be ordered from their website and shipped) really works, has a few ingredients that I don't love to see in my products but will definitely diminish wrinkles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
isnt this a review directly from truthinaging? hehe
Laura222
5% products discount

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Largely. They said it was ok if I shared it on here,too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
welcome !! Smile

i started a thread on Firewall too but not much response here. i love this product, it makes my skin really plump and smooth, though i am just 23 !!
Laura222
5% products discount

Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:10 am      Reply with quote
23, you cannot possibly have wrinkles yet!! i guess you're really focused on prevention?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
yes, on prevention and acne scars hehe.

my comments never show up on truthinaging. do u know why?
Laura222
5% products discount

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
No, that's really strange. If you'd like, email samples[@]truthinaging [dot]com and we'll try to get you sorted out.

5% products discount

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I am bumping this up, I am in the process of buying new products, and I ve heard of the Firewall. I also read really good reviews on paula's choice on the estee lauder advanced night repair contentrate booster. Anybody tried the estee lauder one? Am confused which one to buy but I really want to give my skin a boost of antioxidants...

Thanks
Bella
havana8

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Bellastella wrote:
I am bumping this up, I am in the process of buying new products, and I ve heard of the Firewall. I also read really good reviews on paula's choice on the estee lauder advanced night repair contentrate booster. Anybody tried the estee lauder one? Am confused which one to buy but I really want to give my skin a boost of antioxidants...

Thanks
Bella

Hi Bella, I haven't tried Firewall but remember reading about it on TIA a while back:

Medik8 Firewall
http://www.truthinaging.com/face/reviewed-and-recommended-medik8-firewall

Here are a few threads and/or mentions on the ANR Concentrate that might help you out:

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate
https://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43052

EL Advanced Night Repair, the new version by Dr Yarosh
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39104

Vit C burns like fire
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=39974
Bellastella
5% products discount

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
First of all thanks so very much for posting all those links, I just read them all.
I am still thinking on what to get, at this stage I just spoken to my therapist that gets Medik8 and she recommended that I should buy the EGF Medik8 as well as the Retinol TR by same company , Retinol of course is to be used in the eve. I am from Europe, but at the moment I am working in the US, I came to europe to see my family, so this is where I can find Medik 8.

I think I will buy EGF and Retinol, then opt for Estee Lauder later on when I am in the US as it is better priced there than here in my country...it is over 90 euros in department store.

My skin has gone a bit downhill since my 37 birthday a few months ago...so my therapist really recommends the EGF in combination with retinol for results. Anyone heard of the EGF? by any chance?
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to see some reviews of the Firewall products.
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Im using medik8 firewall, have been using for 3 or 4 weeks, how they can say it really really works to get rid of wrinkles is unreal.

At the moment it seems to leave the skin quite dry so I have to moisturise immediately. Lets see at 8 week stage. I have seen no improvements as yet.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also used Firewall, saw no changes. Using the very last of my bottle on my neck just to use it up. Wish I could write a great review about it because I had high hopes after reading TIA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on Firewall. I don't think this is a must-have. Smile
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Larua222. I am using Vit C serum. Would it interfere with the multiple cooper ingredients in Medik8 Firewall?

Laura222 wrote:
My boss Marta has been using Medik8 Firewall and, to quote her, "It really, really works." She tried the product since she's got more wrinkles than I do (I'm still in prevention mode!) and gave me her feedback.

She started with daily application on the right side of her face for 36 days. It produced appreciably noticeable results. The biggest change is that her skin is much, much firmer. The beginnings of a nasolabiol groove are diminished and crow’s feet smoothed out. Overall skin tone isn’t bad.

Downside: Firewall is a little drying and needs to be followed with a moisturizer, but that's minor.

It has a dual chamber system, since the ingredients are most active when they first encounter one another, so they are kept in separate chambers until used. The idea is to pump a drop from each cylinder onto the back of the hand, mix together then apply.

There are several forms of copper in Firewall. Copper is the key mineral in lysyl oxidase, an enzyme which weaves together collagen and elastin, and there is a mountain of research on how topical applications of copper heal wounds.

Also on the of-high-interest list is Liprochroman-6, listed here as dimethylmethoxy chromanol. This is going to be an antioxidant to watch and may start showing up more and more in high-end, anti-aging potions. Lipochroman-6 is an able scavenger of two free radicals: RNS and ROS. According to Lipotec, who makes lipochronan-6, it does a significantly better job of fending off oxidative stress than resveratrol, the antioxidant component of grapes.

Although the Medik8 Firewall seems to work, there are a few ingredients that I'm not nuts about. Silicones are toxic and there are a few in Medik8. It also contains the preservative sodium benzoate, which in a British study on yeast cells appeared to attack cells’ mitochondria, damaging their ability to prevent oxygen leaks that create free radicals.

In conclusion: Medik8's Firewall product ($125, can be ordered from their website and shipped) really works, has a few ingredients that I don't love to see in my products but will definitely diminish wrinkles.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |