Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Early signs of ageing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LB1988

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and I was hoping to get some advice off of you experts!

I've just turned 29 years old and am beginning to notice some early signs of ageing (e.g. wrinkles around eye area and between eyebrows, some slight sagging to the skin).

My main skin concern up until now has been acne and scarring; however, I would like to begin incorporating anti-ageing products into my beauty routine.

Unfortunately, I am utterly clueless about anti-ageing skincare products. I have fair, sensitive skin and, whilst my acne has cleared (touch wood - sorry, I'm superstitious!), I dislike using products that could cause breakouts.

If anybody has any advice on which products may be well-suited for my issues, I would greatly appreciate it.

FYI: I generally prefer higher-end products as opposed to high-street/drugstore products; however, brands such as La Mer and La Prairie are unfortunately beyond my budget!

Thanks!
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am quite a bit older but also sensitive. I would do some searches for anti-aging products and read reviews focusing on serums. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic or another Vitamin C might be a good start. I picked up a Sunday Riley set at Sephora with Good Genes and Luna. I haven't tried these a lot but no issue with sensitivity so far. Bioelements Age Activist Serum has retinol but a lot of other things that makes it a little gentler. I alternate this with the Skinmedica retinol (mildest one). Another brand you might check out is NIA 24. I also like Epionce products. I hope some of this helps. Good luck.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow, thank you so much for your helpful advice! Will look into these products and brands.

Thanks again!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
I am quite a bit older but also sensitive. I would do some searches for anti-aging products and read reviews focusing on serums. Skinceuticals C E Ferulic or another Vitamin C might be a good start. I picked up a Sunday Riley set at Sephora with Good Genes and Luna. I haven't tried these a lot but no issue with sensitivity so far. Bioelements Age Activist Serum has retinol but a lot of other things that makes it a little gentler. I alternate this with the Skinmedica retinol (mildest one). Another brand you might check out is NIA 24. I also like Epionce products. I hope some of this helps. Good luck.

Love this brand.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Marie1120
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Just a word of caution - if you are sensitive, start slow and maybe alternate nights initially to see how your skin reascts. Niacinamide is supposed to be good for sensitive skin but I couldn't use this when I was going through a very sensitive skin spell. Now I use it but not daily. Some actives (retinols etc) will make you more sensitive to the sun, so be sure you use sunscreen.

In the Epionce line, I use the Lytic Light, Epionce serum, and the Renewal Cream (my skin is dry) and my skin is really soft and clear. I do not like the Epionce eye cream - too thick. Right now, I use this one night, then the gentle retinol (Skinmedica which also has niacinamide) the next night, and the even gentler Bioelements retinol the 3rd night. Eventually I hope to increase the retinol percentage for night 2.

I am using Vit C in the morning. Right now I am using the Luzern one but I have heard so many good things about the Skinceuticals one. I do like the Luzern one though but have some time to decide if I will stay with that or try another one. If I am using the NIA 24 Skin Strengthening, I use this in the morning.

Eminence is a more natural line that has some interesting serums and moisturizers.

Many here like PSF (Pure Skin Formulations). I tried a couple - I liked some but wasn't WOWed. Although I can't say that I gave them a long time. I don't know if the retinol I got from them was bad but it was very thick (hard to apply) and smelled horrible.

Most serums seem to last a long time so it is a little easier to justify the cost especially since these are your more active products.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all of your advice. As a beginner I hugely appreciate it. A few eye creams that I have tried in the past have caused a reaction, therefore I'm quite anxious about trying new products. I will take this advice into account and choose wisely.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, especially Skinceuticals C E Ferulic. It's tried and tested for years by many on this forum.

Don't forget the sunscreens. Either a moisturizer with spf in one or a standalone sunscreen.

Marie1120 wrote:
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Elysee and this one is my favourite so far

CollaBoost-1,3 Skin Firming Crème

Note it contains a copper complex. May be a good idea not to layer with Vit C whilst using this product.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |