Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Hyaluronic pen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
1TwoThree

Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi, was wondering if anyone has seen or tried one of these? There doesn't seem to be loads of info out there just now, but I have ordered one to try it.

It's basically a pen shaped device that delivers hyaluronic acid just below the skin under pressure, but isn't an injection as such? There's a couple of videos out there of it being used on the lips and a few beauty equipment companies are starting to offer training on it.

Anyone got any further info on this?
havana8

Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! I found this Q&A informative:

https://www.hyaluronpen.vip/answers
bestherbalextract

Wed May 08, 2019 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. I bought this to make a face serum, followed the directions on package while adding aloe, dmae, vitamin e, and msm. I make a small batch every few days and add some vitamin c powder to the serum right before applying, making sure the vitamin c is fresh when reaching my skin. It works great.
Kandi
5% products discount

Sat May 11, 2019 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I am interested in learning more about this. Where do we get the hyaluronic acid from? I imagine it Has to be a very small micron size to be able to penetrate the skin without an injection.
Which pen did You purchase? I see there are quite a few on eBay for all price ranges. I would like to try this but could use some input from those who have purchased products already.
In the link provided in one of the replies above, do you need to be a medical professional to purchase that pen?
Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Any more info on this device? It does look really interesting.

I'm guessing the hyaluronic acid supplied with the device (via ebay for e.g.) is only the type used for mesotherapy, serums etc?

Really looking forward to hearing from those who've used it Very Happy

Jackie xx
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this pen?

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, seems as though people are avoiding our threads. I got my pen today and am actually about to use it with sterile saline to see if I even like the look etc. I tried the pen without loading it and it makes a startling sound and you can feel the pressure in your hand. I don't know how much I'll be able to do because of that factor. But the more I played with it, the more comfortable I'm becoming with the noise. I say get it while they're still cheap, I see the one I bought last week is already $18 more in price. Just watch tutorials and learn as much as possible.
KaylaBelle88xo

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi, so I used the pen with the saline as planned and let me tell you...it works very well. Super easy to use. However, here are some things that I experienced and some of my thoughts: always practice asepsis because you can/will bleed but it does stop very quickly. Always use the pen perpendicular to the skin/lip. Make sure the tip and your skin is dry when you're going to hit the button. There was so much force that I used it on one spot without enough pressure and because my tip of the nozzle was wet, it slipped and I now have a bruise in that area, the places where I used it correctly have zero bruising. There are no hard spots at all, which is reassuring. Not going to lie, this thing hurt! But not as bad as the needle does. I used a numbing gel on the bottom lip only to see if it caused more bleeding than the top lip that didn't get numbed and tbh, there was no difference, so I would use benzocaine or lidocaine. If you had a mishap like I did in that one spot, do not wear makeup on your mouth, as this can promote infection. All in all I am so happy with my purchase and that I didn't use HA filler right away. I would totally use it again after a few more practice tries with the saline. Oh and it really helps putting a sterile pad between your lips and teeth, kind of like a cushion lol and push down quite hard when you press the button or it will jerk it and hurt a lot. Anyways, give it a go you guys.
KaylaBelle88xo

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and for the HA filler ideas, I did make a thread post but no one replied. I would think that a high molecular weight HA would last longer versus the low molecular weight. I thought about buying pharmaceutical/medical grade hyaluronic acid powder and mixing with sterile saline to form a gel like substance. However, judging by what I experienced with my pen today, it would need to be a lot thinner than traditional fillers, or it simply won't work as well. I have seen foreign country videos (I'm in Canada) where they are using princess filler, decoria fine etc. So perhaps it could work, but I doubt it would go where it should. I also thought about the Filler world dot com website, getting a meso style HA, but it is pretty pricey after the shipping and exchange rate. So I may make my own and test it in an area that people can't really see. But that I can monitor, before I commit to my mouth lol good luck everyone
Cora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:37 am      Reply with quote
You are one brave lady! I can’t wait to hear how it turns out. Good luck!
Bbabe
5% products discount

Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Kaylabelle88xo where did you purchase your pen? I’m in Canada as well. Any sourcing info would be greatly appreciated!
TYIA
Joanna Bertone
5% products discount

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hyaluronic pen? What's that?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |