Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does NuFace Trinity Work by Causing Inflammation??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
medell

Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Based on an esthetician's recommendation, I recently bought and starting using the NuFace Trinity Pro, I bought it from a reputable spa. After about 6 weeks of use (5x a day), I noticed absolutely NO difference (I'm early 50s, fit, but my face sags). I happened to go to a new esthetician and she asked what I was doing to make my face so inflamed. I told her I didn't know. My previous 2 estheticians never mentioned any redness or inflammation, but I hadn't seen any estheticians since starting the Nuface. By the way, I had initially used NuFace's conductive gel for a few days, but it contains toxic ingredients so I spoke with the company who said others get results with plain aloe. So I switched to Jellen's Aloe Conductive gel which was has natural ingredients.

So I decided to try a professional microcurrent device only used by estheticians. I saw some results after each visit, but the results would diminish after a few hours. But my face is getting firmer, although not very noticeable yet. Anyway, I called the new company for the microcurrent I'm trying because I had some questions. I happened to mentioned I used to use the NuFace. They said that the NuFace technology works different than their technology, the NuFace creates inflammation in the skin, giving it that "lift" people like and reduces wrinkles. They said this is how wrinkle creams work as well. This other company is really in a whole different market than the NuFace home use device you use daily, so I was wondering if they are telling me the truth. I certainly do not want inflammation in my face!

Have any estheticians, or anyone else, noticed increased redness and inflammation in the skin of those using the NuFace on a regular basis?
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I have never experienced redness or inflammation even once after several years of use..I think any irritation can usually be traced back to the gel..
Of course, some people are more sensitive than others but I don't believe that it's common or expected to experience inflammation. Did you use the highest setting?
And while some of the more exaggerated lifting experienced by some is temporary, I have found a cumulative effect in firming over time.

By the way; do you mean you have tried it 6 weeks at 5x a day or did you mean to say 5x a week?
Using anything 5x a day could be irritating.
medell

Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, yes I do mean 5x a week for 6 weeks, sorry! And I did use the highest setting which is 400. The next highest setting is 200 which I wasn't sure if it would do anything. I could not see any redness or inflammation myself, so it's not very noticeable, it was the esthetician's examination with her light and Wood's lamp that saw it, and it was a lot of inflammation she said. She kept asking questions about what I was doing or using on my face to try to narrow down the cause. I never told her I was using the NuFace because it never occurred to me that could be the cause. I did stop using the NuFace because I switched to the professional machine she uses. And she did mention over the next couple of weeks that my inflammation was going away. So I don't know if it is a coincidence or not.
NostalgicGirl
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think this might be your skin reacting to the gel and not the treatment itself that is possibly causing it.
medell

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I actually switched to an aloe gel, which is all natural and I'd used aloe on my face before without a problem. I also wiped off the aloe when I was finished.
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:44 am      Reply with quote
medell wrote:
I actually switched to an aloe gel, which is all natural and I'd used aloe on my face before without a problem. I also wiped off the aloe when I was finished.

I am also happily using Nuface...
I use collagen SBC.
Not certain what do you mean when you say highest is 400? I didn't notice any numbers associated with strength?

In terms of not causing changes, are you using basic or advanced program? I am using both 2-3 times a week and am quite happy.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is so thin that I dare not use any beauty equipment. I'm afraid I'll hurt my face.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |