Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What are the best antiaging / youthful skin supplements?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:32 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Hmm I got an own brand one from Sainsburys, here are a few links:

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-vegetarian-gel-sachets-6x65g

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/dr-oetker-vegetable-gel-sachet-195g

There seems to be a few own brand supermarket ones, but Dr. Oetker is quite a famous name that you should find in the shops.

Ah I see you meant the agar based gelling powders. I think these are different from gelatin as they don't have the same amino acids etc but a quick search online seems to suggest that the japanese (and I can't argue with them over skin!) believe that agar is beneficial for skin. It is very cheap so well worth picking some up and experimenting with!

Thanks!
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Just doing some reading at the moment and it seems like the benefits of powdered gelatin seem to be due to the glycine and proline content which is essential for collagen. Gelatin seems to be especially popular as it gives all these benefits with few extra calories as well as being cheap. A vegetarian could potentionally get these benefits by using proline and glycine powders I think? I might give this a try as I have already liked my results from l-lysine. I do have some concerns about increasing protein intake so will need to think about that.
havana8

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Rather than separate supplements, what do you think about multi-functional whole food supplements like The Super Elixir Alkalizing Greens?

The Alkalizing Formula is free from synthetic ingredients and is made using premium, cold pressed bio-live ingredients so the body can easily recognise and use every nutrient. Unique ingredients including Chinese herbs and shiitake and maitake mushrooms – a good source of key minerals manganese, selenium, zinc and the "master antioxidant" ergothioneine. Our super greens powder contains a careful mix of pre and probiotics to support digestion. A healthy gut pH balance equals less bloating and a flatter tummy.

The Super Elixir Alkalizing Formula
Ingredients (45 nutrients): Certified Organic Barley Grass1*, Certified Organic Wheatgrass1*, Pineapple1, Apple1, Certified Organic Alfalfa1*, Spinach1, Goji Berry1, Apple Pectin, Fructo oligosaccharides (FOS), L-Glutamine, Linseed Meal1, Psyllium Husk1, Lemon1, Lime1, Beetroot1, Carrot1, Natural Pineapple Flavour, Natural Lime Flavour, Xylitol (sweetener), Acai1, Pomegranate1, Calcium Citrate, Papaya1, Probiotic Blend (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum), Certified Organic Spirulina1*, Broccoli1, Grape Seed Extract1, Kelp1, Magnesium Citrate, Milk Thistle Extract, Eleutherococcus senticosus Extract (Siberian Ginseng), Zinc Gluconate, Dandelion Leaves Extract, Maitake Mushroom Extract, Shitake Mushroom Extract, Green Tea Extract, Turmeric1, Aloe Vera1, Horsetail1, Sweetener (steviol glycosides), Copper Gluconate, Beta Carotene, D-Biotin, Selenium Methionine.

1Powdered form | *Certified organic by the ACO and USDA. Gluten Free.

https://www.welleco.com/collections/alkalizing-formula/products/the-super-elixir-300g
havana8

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Another is Catalyst Gold:

Catalyst Gold
Ingredients: Biotin, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Citrate, Selenium, Spirulina Powder, Chlorella Cracked Cell Wall Powder, L-Glutamine, Acai Berry Powder, Dandelion Root Extract, Eluthero Root Extract, Camu Camu Fruit Extract, Astragalus Root Extract, Mangosteen Fruit Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Tumeric Root Extract, Flax Seed Extract

Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (Natural Vegetable Cellulose Capsule), Dicalcium Phosphate, L-leucine

https://herbalorenyc.com/pages/catalyst-gold
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
L-Carnosine
pailinnwithwings

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Is supplements better or skincare products? Crying or Very sad
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:26 am      Reply with quote
There isn't a better for anyone person, as we are all dealing with different issues, lifestyles, genetics. However they are a better combo (i.e. team) than trying either one singularly.
pailinnwithwings wrote:
Is supplements better or skincare products? Crying or Very sad
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 am      Reply with quote
coconut oil is good.
Aloever

Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I don't have a product to recommend as I don't know any of it but I believe the best way to stay young and look healthy is to exercise everyday, drink lots of water and eat healthy.
student201516
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Aloever wrote:
I don't have a product to recommend as I don't know any of it but I believe the best way to stay young and look healthy is to exercise everyday, drink lots of water and eat healthy.

i totally agree...
your skin wont be too good if you do not eat healthy, or exercise, even if you use the most expensive treatment..
after all skin is part of ur organ.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 am      Reply with quote
RESVERATROL
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Elysium is good. Also look into less skin-focused nutrients and more whole-body tonics like PQQ, glutathione boosters (I like Cellgevity) and longivda cuurcumin. Carotenoids (lutein and astaxanthin) are good. One great thing about these nutrients is that whats good for your skin is great for your brain too.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
emmaackermann
5% products discount

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 am      Reply with quote
As per me, Nordic Naturals Algae Omega is a good antiaging youthful skin supplement.
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
The top five anti-aging supplements are:

Omega-3-fat oil that is a powerful anti-inflammatory material which repairs the age-related cellular damage. Fish oil has omega 3 fatty acids which are a good anti-aging tool.
Green superfood powder composed of antioxidant properties of grass juices, herbs, berries that helps to slow down aging.

Resveratrol is a good element the effectively slows down aging. Red wine is a good source of resveratrol. Resveratrol is a polyphenol found in grapes and berries Daily dose of this supplement is recommended for better skin.
A mixture of herb juice, containing ashwagandha, basil, Rhodiola and ginseng lower the cortisol level and helps to reduce stress level.

Coenzyme10 is a powerful antioxidant that restricts premature aging. As we grow older, an enzyme called CoQ10 produced by the body decreases and this is related to various age-related disorders and skin aging. The presence of these enzymes in the body protects cell from damage resulting in healthy skin and hair and good overall health.

Biotin: It is a water-soluble vitamin. It is a coenzyme but it is not synthesized in the body, so it has to be taken as a supplement. This vitamin stops cell death which causes aging.

Vitamin E: Research suggests it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which are important in skin regeneration and cell growth, the process in which old diseased cells fall off and radiant and glowing skin takes its place. This vitamin also helps in protecting skin from wrinkles and environmental damage.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Consumer Reports recently had an article about Biotin impacting blood test results.

https://www.consumerreports.org/vitamins-supplements/the-trouble-with-biotin-supplements/

For me, I like Omega 3 and a good balanced diet with heathy fats (nuts, avocados, fish)
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just found another amazing supplement and it is straight outta chemistry lab. SELENIUM https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/selenium/
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2018 8:04 am      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
Elysium is good. Also look into less skin-focused nutrients and more whole-body tonics like PQQ, glutathione boosters (I like Cellgevity) and longivda cuurcumin. Carotenoids (lutein and astaxanthin) are good. One great thing about these nutrients is that whats good for your skin is great for your brain too.

My current anti-aging stack:

1. Elysium. NADH+ and Pterostilbene
2. MitoQ
3. Bulletproof liposomal PQQ
4. Longvida Cucurmin (crosses blood brian barrier- good for brain and skin).
5. Cellgevity - to increase glutathione.
6. Vitamin C ester and liposomal vitamin c
7. Matcha Tea- both Green and White (especially white tea which is shown to inhibit elastase levels in the skin).
8. Polypodium Leuoctomos- the fern block found in Heliocare.
9. CocoaVia capsules- clinical strength raw cocoa- brain and skin again.
10. Carotenoids- lutein, lycopene and astaxanthin.
11. Pycogenol (pine bark extract).

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Reservatrol.
ellaskincarejourney

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I am approaching 35, and I get told I look 25 on a regular basis (no lie!).

Again, I am a woman of color so that may have something to do with it.

However, what I have been doing for the last 5-10 years is taking the following consistently (like pretty much every day):

Collagen Peptides - I like the Vital Proteins Brand.

Liposomal Vitamin C - I like SHCGlutathione's Liposomal Vitamin C.

Vitamin B12 shots - sorta done once every month at my local clinic.

I also exercise regularly and stay in shape. The body and the skin are all one, if you don't take care of your body your skin will suffer.
This is what my mother told me and she doesn't look a day past 40 and shes almost 60.
CrazyRedhead

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I actually posted this on the “what has transformed your skin the most” thread, but def applies here:

there is a ridiculous amount of debate as to whether supplements work or not, but if you don’t overdo it it IS worth a shot. I spent weeks researching, I’ve had really good success so far with my hair and skin. My skin is smoother, less hyperpigmentation, and my 19 yr old son is often mistaken for my boyfriend (awkward ha ha) I also use History of Whoo Jinyul line, and Dermaroll, but I didn’t notice a HUGE improvement until I started chucking mad pills in my face.....

Here is my cocktail lol

Prenatal vitamin
B complex
Biotin 1000mg
Collagen 3000mg twice a day
MSM 1000mg
Phytoceramides 700mg

*just added pearl powder, 500mg, hopefully will see results from that!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I find Tumeric, Vit A & D, B Complex, Collagen and Omega 3 Oils!
jess2101
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:28 am      Reply with quote
liposomal vitamin c
Omega 3
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would vote for Vitamin C (1000 mg) , simple but effective!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |