Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Face ruined due to Tanaka massage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rubel

Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!
I am in a panick mode here, I tried Tanaka massage for over a month, once a day, then I completely left it and to my horror now my face is all droopy. I used to have plump cheeks, now my cheeks are all sunken, my face have lost its shape and I look old and very tired in my face. I am only 24, so getting fillers seems a little insane. I also tried few facial exercises but it seemed to make things worse so I stopped with everything.I have never felt so helpless in my life. I am so regretful and depressed.Plz can anybody help me as to what could be done? Sorry for the long post!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Okay a month isn’t so long but it shouldn’t have caused the damage you describe. Is there anything else going on that may be a factor here? Weightloss, stress etc. Now at only 24 you wouldn’t have had dramatic results from Tanaka because you won’t have a ton of damage to undo –you’re your face should have reverted unless you have been stimulating it somehow. You mention trying a few facial exercises – and that could be more likely why your face is drooping because you have over done things and probably doing a few and not a whole program is also creating issues here. With facial exercises, even at young ages, you need to be consistent and realistic. Nothing will undo overnight – it requires work/dedication.
Rubel wrote:
Hello everyone!
I am in a panick mode here, I tried Tanaka massage for over a month, once a day, then I completely left it and to my horror now my face is all droopy. I used to have plump cheeks, now my cheeks are all sunken, my face have lost its shape and I look old and very tired in my face. I am only 24, so getting fillers seems a little insane. I also tried few facial exercises but it seemed to make things worse so I stopped with everything.I have never felt so helpless in my life. I am so regretful and depressed.Plz can anybody help me as to what could be done? Sorry for the long post!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I agree. At age 24 you are still young and whatever you do you can rebound very quickly. My advise is to leave your face alone for now. At 24 you should concentrate on laying down the foundation of health, fitness and beauty by following a healthy eating plan, a fitness routine you enjoy, and a good skincare regime that you will be consistent with. That's it. You will find that doing those things will keep you looking and feeling your best.

As you get older, you can add some thing a little at a time. For example, I did not start facial exercises until I was in my late twenties and that was hit or miss. I didn't become consistent with it until my thirties. I didn't start on tanaka until my late forties. I think if you do too much too soon you will burn yourself out.

Also, I think that your generation has been bombarded with anti-aging this and that. I think it's unfair. You are the pinnacle of anti-aging because you are young. Enjoy it and relax. By the time you reach my age there will be time to do all the massages and gadgets and there will probably be better things available to you.

Please do not be depressed and do not examine yourself too much in the mirror! That will cause a tremendous amount of anxiety. For now, leave your face alone except to do your skincare routine. You will look like yourself in no time.
Rubel

Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I started Tanaka because I had some loose skin as a result of a crash diet, so I thought I could remedy that with tanaka. In the start it did make my skin all tight but after some time I started to feel that it was making my face look very stiff, I have always had cheeks and a fuller face, so I was not liking the sort of artificial stiff look it was giving me. So I stopped with it after a month, but it went so bad, I panicked a lot and started doing face exercises, which only made it worse. So past two months I have stopped everything. Tanaka leads to fat loss, so I could only blame my sunken face to this massage as cheeks had lost all the volume. I wish I had never started it, it is so hard to believe that I have myself ruined my face to such an extent. Life has never been more difficult for me.
I thank you guys for your soothing and kind words, it feels reassuring hearing you people!
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rubel. I think the combination of the crash dieting and just getting a bit older has contributed to the fat loss in your face. By age 24 many people lose what I call the baby fat on their face. If I look at pictures of myself in my late teens and then my late twenties, I see that my face in my twenties has more definition to it. Now in my fifties my face has a more sculpted look to it, a bit different than my late twenties.

I think it's very good that you stopped doing everything. Give it some time, and please, no more crash dieting. That is not good for the skin or hair. Better to reduce your weight at a slower pace. But above all please don't worry too much. I am sure you are lovely. Treat yourself well.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay first things first – crash dieting is a big no no for most people. Trust me I did it in my 50’s and had sagging lose skin which is how and why I got into exercises and massage. You have not ruined your face – as this will change a hundred times in your lifetime at least if not more. Tanaka doesn’t lead to fat loss, but more than likely the massage helped show up the effects of your crash diet.
Now when you say you started doing exercises – can you be more specific. Which ones, how often? Many times when things go wrong people overdo things like exercises and so I’m wondering whether that’s possible here? Facial exercises take time to work so doing them for say a week isn’t going to generate significant results compared to 6 months or a year!
Now you can build up fuller and rounder cheeks but you need to do your research and be smart about it. Facial exercises can and do work for most people. If its cheeks you are particularly into then Ageless if you Dare has some great exercises for them that are fast and quick and easy!
Rubel

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Actually before starting with the Tanaka massage I had loose skin but my face was not saggy at all, it still looked full except the hollows under eye and bit pronounced nasolabial folds, my jawline was all fine. What I noticed after stopping with the massage was that I had no jawline at all, cheeks had literally come down on the sides of chin, and horribly droopy face overall. Face exercises I am pretty sure I overdid in all that panick, I was doing majority of cheek exercises and few others from 2 different programmes and it was extending to almost 40-45 mins. Overall one bad decision led to another. And keeping patience is so difficult!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Okay so Tanaka didn’t create the loose skin. It sounds like you did too much too soon and mixing and matching programs is never a good idea for that very reason. You need to let your face rest up and not do anything (which will be hard if you have been overdoing things). Keeping patience is easy when you remember it’s the impatience that took you to where you are and it’s the impatience that will keep you there. You can do a program (but choose a shorter one) that will help move things along). Shape your face is nice and easy and short and won’t eat into your time and is free on the websitewww.shapeyourface.com. Take a look there!
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 05, 2019 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Honey, it is helpful to choose some excellent essence or collagen essence. I think maybe time can restore your face to its original state. Good luck, don't be too depressed.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |