Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Careprost Lattise RapidLash Side Effects.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RhiannonOHara

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have always had long lashes, but wanted longer, darker and curly lashes, which a lot of people said Careprost does.
I have been using Careprost for 5 weeks now with no break, and some of the lashes are very long, were others are trying to catch up.
I noticed today that quite a few of my lashes fell out and now I have a big gap, is this normal with this sort of product please?
I haven't had any other side effects, apart from a little itching. I'm just really upset and will have to wear fake eyelashes, until the small lashes grow.
Any feedback much appreciated.
Take care, Rhiannon x
vix2000

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rhiannon, been using careprost for 2 weeks, as my eyelashes were poor, a-from not growing back well after chemo, and b-18 months of semi-permanent lashes.

pros
My lashes definately feel a bit thicker and stronger, and think they are slowly lengthening

cons
I have noticed I've had a bit of itching, eyes a bit gungey in the morning, and not sure if this is due to careprost but get a bit of eye-ache, and this weekend had a stonking headache for 3 days (not normally a headachey person so not sure)
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I have read of people losing clumps of eyelashes, but I believe that it certainly wasn't permanent. Wait and see, they will more than likely grow back.

Other than a tiny bit of itchiness in the beginning, Careprost didn't bother me a bit. I've been using it for three months now and results were fantastic! They are very long, and I even grew bottom lashes. Very happy with this product!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thats good to hear, hoping to grow my lower lashes too.
Pixiedust2
5% products discount

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Careprost since July 2012. I've had excellent results, and to date, haven't experienced any eyelash loss.

My only issue was when I first started using it, I was applying it extremely close to my lashes, trying to really jam it in between my eyelashes. It would run into my eyes and it would burn. Then I'd wake up with super red, irritated eyes. I didn't realize I was applying it incorrectly. You don't have to be that precise. Once I applied it correctly, I've had no problems.

Rhiannon, give that gap a week or so. It could be that the lashes that fell out were just at the end of their life cycle so to speak. The new ones growing in could show up quickly as you've been using it for 5 weeks so far.

Anyone having continuous headache or eye ache problems, I would really monitor that. Not everything works for everyone, and it is a drug. Long eyelashes aren't worth bad side effects IMO. Just be careful.
vix2000

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have been putting it close to the lash base thinking it needs to soak into the base of the lashes, but have tried not to get any in my eyes. Is this not the correct way? What should I be doing? thanks
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
You're doing it right. Apply it like you would eyeliner. If your eyes aren't burning, you're not getting the product in your eyes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use Careprost and lose a lot in one area at a time making a gap that is hard to conceal. It happens when they get very long and a lot fall out at once. I hate when it happens as it is right after my lashes have been looking their best but I know it's inevitable.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Bummer! I've been using it three months. I think I might buy some individual lashes for when that happens, if that happens. I don't use permanent/semi-permanent glue though - I used to use them with regular eyelash adhesive and they were easy on my lashes, didn't pull out my real ones that way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 am      Reply with quote
The only side effect I've noticed, other than nicer, longer lashes, is that my upper eyelid skin seem darker, reddish, almost like I have some kind of eye shadow on.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Gayle, the same effect happened to my eyelids when using latisse - quite red on the lid. Easy to hide with makeup though. If its any consolation when i gave myself a break from the product my eyelids returned to normal.
Rhiannon, in your previous post you suggested the culprit was your lash curler, I am still thinking that lashes stuck a gunky curler pad will yank lashes out. Lashes naturally fall out every 6 - 8 weeks. I noticed when I first used latisse there was an uneven sprouting of longer lashes, this could just be making your own lashes appear weenie. 5 weeks is still early days with Latisse, or Careprost - it takes 8-12 weeks to notice optimum growth. I don't think its the product creating your lash loss. As an aside, these products don't claim to make your lashes curly. One more thing to consider, are you getting your Careprost from a reliable source?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
my eyelids are purple, but looks like shadow or i can coverup with concealor. I have been using for probably 5 yrs or more. I got the best result when I first started to use it.The first 6 months were the bomb! It was awesome.My lashes are still nice but nothing like they used to be in the beginning,I wonder if I have become somewhat immune to the product and maybe should take a break....
panoslydios
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:21 am      Reply with quote
seems like your eyelashes gone into telogen phase.
Trust me its a good sign of new growth.
Shedding many times mean hair into anagen phase.

Btw is any girl here ,report this pigmentation in the eye surrounding tissue,that many claim?

5% products discount

Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I have light green eyes, and I've had no problem with any darkening or pigmentation changes. I was so worried about it that I put off trying Careprost for a year. I did a lot of research, talked to others online with blue and green eyes, and no one I talked to had any problems.

I'm not positive, but I think I remember reading that the chances of pigment change are very, very small when using Latisse or Careprost only for lash growth. It was people that were using it as eye drops for glaucoma that experienced darkening.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I am using Rapidlash as maintenance as I already achieved longer eyelashes that I've never had. I too noticed the side effect of Rapidlash is that where I apply the products, my skin seems a little "light-brown reddish" somewhat almost like I have a hint of eyeshadows... This did not bother me at all. The only thing I would suggest would be to make sure that you only apply at the base of the eyelashes carefully (at bed time). This will prevent the products from "staining" surrounding areas of the eyes... Good luck! Smile
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I do have a darker line of skin at my lashline, but I like the way it looks. I'm very pale and previously had pale eyelashes. Now my lashes and brows are much darker, and the darker skin just gives my eyes more definition. Very happy with this product! Smile

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Latisse for 4yrs.I also use Revitalash during the day and at night the Latisse. My lashes are still long but not thicker in width..I very pleased with the results though since I did not have long lashes to begin with.The skin darkening along the lash line is trade off to long lashes so I don't mind at all. Just use a eye primer and eye shadow base to cover it.I did not have any clump of lashes loss.I could be from not cleaning the eyelash curler as what a previous reviewer noted. I clean mine after every use because I learned my lesson (lost a couple eyelashes due to being stuck on dirty eyelash curler).Give it time they will grow back in 3 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to try it on my lower lashes but am a bit apprehensive since it specifically says not to. My upper lid is reddish as well but I had Lasik and lens implants last year so just assumed it was from the clamps they used to keep my eyes open -- just like that scene in Clockwork Orange.

The only down side is that I can't curl my eyelashes before using mascara as I could when they were shorter because my eyes are deepset and the mascara smears off on my brow bone. Now I seldom wear mascara at all since the lashes are dark.

Are there any photos online of someone who did before and after shots of the lower lashes? If my lashes on the lower lid were as long as on the upper lid, it would look rather strange.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a photo, but I can tell you that my lower lashes, while they did grow, did not grow loooooong. I had barely anything there now, now I have a little fringe. Suits me!

I was undecided whether or not to apply it to my lower lashes, but read many testimonials of women online who used it on their lower lash line and did not suffer any bad effects.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thank you to all your replies, you have been all extremely helpful.
I think what happened, was that those eyelashes had reached there full cycle. I always clean the eyelash curler, so there wasn't a chance for my eyelashes to stick to the curler.
I've noticed that the Careprost is really starting to work. The gap has now been replaced with lots of new lashes. My eyelashes are starting to get longer and darker. I also have loads of lashes now.
I have also started putting vaseline on the base of my eyelashes every night to strengthen the lashes.
Thank you all once again.
Take care, Rhiannon x
QualityQute
5% products discount

Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Canadian Careprost for years with remarkable results. I literally had NO lashes since my 20's and they are so long now people ask me where I get them done..haaa... My sister and co workers are all using it now. I'm careful to just buy the real stuff from Canadian Careprost because my sister in law bought some other Careprost and it was totally phoney - gave here a weird red rash and had to stop. When I gave her a bottle of mine she had no problem at all.
Hope this helps.
PatKyle
5% products discount

Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I. Love. Careprost. It’s the generic version of Latisse, which is an eye lash growing serum. I love latisse, but at about $150 a bottle it starts to get very expensive after long use. My moms friend had told her about careprost, and we absolutely love it. If you're curious this is reliable site where I found Careprost a way cheaper (Bimatoprost, Lumigan - they are all the same thing):
http://www.reliablewebs.net/go/Careprost+Bimatoprost Laughing
Their customer service was fantastic, price was awesome and I received my order within a few days. They also sent me a promo code "SALE10" to get 10% off. Hope this helps! I have had no side effects with it. The only downside is it can be extremely hard to find a website to purchase it! If you can find it though, it is true gold!
Galgal

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Im a healthy 28 yo male, been using careprost for 2 months now, i experienced some itchiness in the mornings, until one day 3 weeks ago, i experienced massive dizziness, lose of balance, and a tinnitus all combined. I dont know if its surely because of the careprost, but when my eyes are closed the symptoms go away by 90%. Im so scared right now, its been 3 weeks since its started and it has not improved. I visisted 6 doctors and physio therapist to understand whats going on. They dont know what triggered it. Ive been using careprost on eye lashes,eyebrows and hairline to thicken up/regrow. 1 drop for the eye lashes,.1 for eyebrows, 3 for hairline every night. If anyone experienced the same vertigo please contact me and let me know what did you do to get rid of it.
Alina Nelson

Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:20 am      Reply with quote
For Repair my eyelashes, I decided to try Careprost Eyelash Growth Serum after lash extensions, my lashes were damaged, and I have tried almost everything to restore them. Only Careprost Lash serum helped me to get my long and silky eyelashes back which is purely natural. Lashes became much thicker and longer.
Highly recommend
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |