Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hyaluronic Acid Supplements for severely chapped dry lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
WarmVanillaSugar

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 21 years old and my lips are extremely dry, chapped, cracked, and dehydrated. I've tried EVERY topical lip balm/moisturizer and ointment that you could think of.

Vaseline, Aquaphor, Carmex, Blistex, EOS, Cocoa butter, shea butter, Hydrocortisone, honey, coconut oil, almond oil, etc. I got tested for possible vitamin deficiencies and I don't have any. I'm perfectly healthy overall considering I eat whole foods, fish, chicken, eggs, healthy carbs, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. I'm also not dehydrated (checked by my physician). The only thing I can think of is Hyaluronic Acid oral supplements because my lips have been severely chapped, dry, and dehydrated since age 16. So four years ago. I've heard that HA can plump, hydrate, moisturize, and moisten skin from the inside out so I'm wondering if I'm lacking HA in my body because they're ALWAYS dry and chapped year round for 4-5 years now.

Has anyone tried hyaluronic acid supplements and had great long term results? I'm dark skin and black btw
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Eucerin Intensive Lip,Therapy is the best I have found, and also taking Vitamin A & D supplement is the only thing that has helped my chronic dry lips living in northern Canada, espically in winter.
WarmVanillaSugar

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
Eucerin Intensive Lip,Therapy is the best I have found, and also taking Vitamin A & D supplement is the only thing that has helped my chronic dry lips living in northern Canada, espically in winter.
So Vitamin D supplements have a great effect on chronic dry lips when taken orally? I live in California but my lips are chronically dry, cracked, and chapped no matter how healthy I eat and use lip balm.
What dose did you take for the vitamin d supplement?
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:00 am      Reply with quote
for me i eat more mushrooms and egg yolks as they are rich in vitamin D
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:01 am      Reply with quote
WarmVanillaSugar wrote:
Miss Shoes wrote:
So Vitamin D supplements have a great effect on chronic dry lips when taken orally? I live in California but my lips are chronically dry, cracked, and chapped no matter how healthy I eat and use lip balm.

maybe cod liver oil on lips? cod liver is rich with vitamin d too
WarmVanillaSugar

Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:42 am      Reply with quote
sassyinpink wrote:
WarmVanillaSugar wrote:
Miss Shoes wrote:

maybe cod liver oil on lips? cod liver is rich with vitamin d too
So eating a lot of eggs could perhaps make my lips less chapped and dry?

I typically fry them with vegetables and eat them in the morning.

Would supplementation of vitamin d soft gels provide faster results rather than just from diet?
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
WarmVanillaSugar wrote:
So eating a lot of eggs could perhaps make my lips less chapped and dry?

I typically fry them with vegetables and eat them in the morning.

Would supplementation of vitamin d soft gels provide faster results rather than just from diet?

i will just eat cod liver oil, and probably spinach for lunch or dinner, those have good sources of vitamin D.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
btw have you seen any medical professionals for this?
WarmVanillaSugar

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
sassyinpink wrote:
btw have you seen any medical professionals for this?

Yes but they're all incompetent. All the years in education, residency, and training my dermatologists have, yet they still have no extensive knowledge on how to cure or reverse chronic dry, chapped, cracked, shrunken lips.

I'm 21 years old & my lips have been shrinking in size and fullness since age 16 due to the severe dryness. My lips are genetically big, full, and plump but because they're so dry, they're thinning terribly due to no moisture.

There are other girls my age that have big lips and they're SOOOO supple, smooth, soft looking, plump, and firm but my lips look dry and rough like sandpaper.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:50 am      Reply with quote
WarmVanillaSugar wrote:

Yes but they're all incompetent. All the years in education, residency, and training my dermatologists have, yet they still have no extensive knowledge on how to cure or reverse chronic dry, chapped, cracked, shrunken lips.

I'm 21 years old & my lips have been shrinking in size and fullness since age 16 due to the severe dryness. My lips are genetically big, full, and plump but because they're so dry, they're thinning terribly due to no moisture.

There are other girls my age that have big lips and they're SOOOO supple, smooth, soft looking, plump, and firm but my lips look dry and rough like sandpaper.

maybe they are inexperienced in this. Google and research more, i am sure there should be similar cases and a few medical professionals may have met such cases and able to have past records to see what they can help.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:52 am      Reply with quote
i used to use rosehip oil trilogy on my lips.
but your case seems serious, it may not be sufficient for you.
WarmVanillaSugar

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
sassyinpink wrote:

I'm going to try vitamin c supplements. I've heard that it helps with the natural collagen and elasticity of the skin and hopefully it rejuvenates my lips and overall skin.

I'm young and naturally, I have very plump and thick lips so hopefully this vitamin will work. My friend is 24 and her lips are still very smooth, softx plump, supple, and big so I know it has nothing to do with age. My dermatologists are just negligent and hateful and all of them have been women so it's very unfortunate how an older female physician can see a younger girl struggling and still allow her to suffer.
WarmVanillaSugar

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
sassyinpink wrote:

All of my 4 female dermatologists have said NOTHING can cure dry lips and I'd have to live with it for the rest of my life. If this doesn't sound like a scam and insincerity then I don't know what does.

I'm willing to bet they're all resentful of their occupations considering they have so much discouragement in their specialty when it comes to my dry skin concern. Women solidarity is a myth in healthcare.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oil your lips and they will soon be all right. I often do this in winter, and my lips never feel dry.
WarmVanillaSugar

Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:32 am      Reply with quote
wenning wrote:
Oil your lips and they will soon be all right. I often do this in winter, and my lips never feel dry.

I already do this and my lips are always severely dry year round. It's been like this since age 16 and I'm 21.

I'm going to try natural vitamin c supplements because I heard it could boost collagen in the skin naturally so maybe it will help with the natural plumping, elasticity, suppleness, and smoothening of my lips and overall skin.

I'm wayyyy too young to be experiencing severe dryness and my jealous female doctors don't want to help but I'm not surprised. They don't take the health or medical concerns of young women as seriously as they do with older women. At least from my experience.
sassyinpink
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
WarmVanillaSugar wrote:

I'm wayyyy too young to be experiencing severe dryness and my jealous female doctors don't want to help but I'm not surprised. They don't take the health or medical concerns of young women as seriously as they do with older women. At least from my experience.

i lol at this.
i guess for older woman, they don't really have time and the biological setup to replenish...
so docs are more helpful?
they wish they have your youth! (ok i wish i have your youth. lol)

anyway i hope vit c helps u! u are taking natural vit c supplements? or just eating more fruits or applying fruits on ur lips? i read before on benefits of vitamin c from rosehip but honestly i am not a fan of getting supplements.
i think vitamin c exist in large quantity in fruits and our food.
i eat lots of oranges and other fruits, not just for vitamin c but also for the fiber.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |