Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has anyone actually improved their crows feet??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I was all set to get fillers to get rid of my crow's feet, but when I went for my consultation, I was told that I could only be given Botox for that area Embarassed I'm not really sold on getting Botox done as a) I dont like the effect, b) it doesnt last long enough for the price you pay.

So, I need to know: has anyone successful improved the appearance of their crows feet using other methods??

I've been using copper peptides for two months, and I plan to start rolling soon. Just trying to decide which roller to buy...

Thanks for your help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Your plan is probably going to work just fine. The only thing that ever helped with my crow's feet was vitamin C.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I eliminated mine with derma rolling (and the required Vit A and C), though I had bad luck with the CPs (some of the stronger product I was using on my cheeks could have migrated there and caused the cross-hatching).

The key is patience and NOT overdoing it since the eye area is so delicate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 am      Reply with quote
My skin is super delicate, and when I used Vit C it was too drying, and Vit A seemed to make it age Sad

I'm loving the CPs though! No change in wrinkles yet, but I feel the texture of my skin has improved, and the blackheads on my nose are gone.

Bethany, what length needles did you roll with? I was thinking to start with .5mm.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I've reduced mine a great deal through Botox and dermal needling. I hate crows feet, they are soooo aging.

I get Botox done in that area about twice/year and needle the area a few times a year and the rest of the time I use sunscreen religiously and apply topicals, peels, etc.

BFG
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Violetlight wrote:
My skin is super delicate, and when I used Vit C it was too drying, and Vit A seemed to make it age Sad

I'm loving the CPs though! No change in wrinkles yet, but I feel the texture of my skin has improved, and the blackheads on my nose are gone.

Bethany, what length needles did you roll with? I was thinking to start with .5mm.

I would recommend using different forms of Vit A and Vit C. I personally switched to the Environ line because they have a non-acid step up protocol and I was able to avoid the exact issues you encountered (which are quite exasperating, I know).

If you are just going to do the crows feet, I would recommend a dermastamp instead of a roller, and I personally use a 1.0mm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
@BFG - what age group are you in, if you dont mind me asking? I'm 31, and very active: the doc said that the effects of Botox would only last on me for three months...

@ Bethany - thanks for the environ tip! I'll check those out. I live in the UK though, so not sure if I'll be able to get them...

Also, if I buy a roller, I may as well roll it all Razz I really want to roll my hands, of all things. They are seriously sun damaged...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Violetlight wrote:

@ Bethany - thanks for the environ tip! I'll check those out. I live in the UK though, so not sure if I'll be able to get them...

Also, if I buy a roller, I may as well roll it all Razz I really want to roll my hands, of all things. They are seriously sun damaged...

I would still get a stamp since they are very cheap...that way you can densely treat the worst areas, and trust me that it is easier and less painful. Then you can roll the rest.

Check out this site for Environ...most of us that use it buy from here. My products are actually shipped from the UK to the US. (And FYI that I am not affiliated in any way)

http://www.touchofskincare.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm twenty years older than you....I've been getting Botox for 4 years, so over time, I need it less often. If you're getting crows feet at such a young age, I have to ask if you are also using an effective sunscreen?

BFG
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
@ Bethany, thanks so much for the tips! Can I ask - did you buy a Dermastamp, and if so, what brand?

And thanks for the environ link - I believe you Wink

@BFG, I always used Clarins... but I spent a lot of time in the tropics, and I am quite fair...

Tbh though, my wrinkles really just appeared this winter, and I believe theyre partially caused by a hormonal imbalance (oestrogen dominance) because I literally aged five years in the space of a month in January when I got quite sick with it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Violetlight wrote:
I was all set to get fillers to get rid of my crow's feet, but when I went for my consultation, I was told that I could only be given Botox for that area Embarassed I'm not really sold on getting Botox done as a) I dont like the effect, b) it doesnt last long enough for the price you pay.

I'm thirty years older than you and I wish I had started Botox around my eyes when I was your age. If you are just doing crows feet you aren't going to need much Botox and even a little will help. Once you relax those muscles you might get more results from your topicals. I understand that some are reluctant to use something like Botox, but it is a pretty foolproof solution.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Violetlight wrote:
@ Bethany, thanks so much for the tips! Can I ask - did you buy a Dermastamp, and if so, what brand?

I bought from Owndoc.com, though you can get the same thing on eBay.

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermastamp1-pid205.html

FYI that I do not reuse these...I treat once, and then throw them away because I do to feel they can be sufficiently sterilized. And if you are doing 4-6 treatments a year, it isn't worth the cost of reuse to risk an infection. (though many people here do reuse needles)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Violet, FWIW, my mother put a serious dent in her crow's feet with CP's nearly a decade ago. She got the uglies real bad, so bad it scared her and she won't use them again, but her eyes looked terrific for years afterwards, and in fact only recently (she's 76) have her eyes begun to show wrinkles again.

This thread has brought up a question I was going to post anyway...anybody got any links for good 0.2 or 0.3 rollers/stamps with cheap shipping to U.S.? I'd buy from owndoc but really only need a single roller/stamp and don't want to spend all that shipping for just the one thing.
Violetlight
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Panda, thanks for the tip. I am SO impressionable, now I'm considering getting it done Bad Grin

Yubi, I havent had any uglies yet I'm glad to say... and I'm using the CPs twice a day... Once I finish these I'll prob step up to the next strength.

Bethany, thanks again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I really believe face exercises can not only prevent crows' feet but also smooth them out. Unfortunately I cannot find many close up photos to show this but hope these help:

Notice how the wrinkles albeit shallow are smoothed out in the after photos:
http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter5.htm

In this photos the wrinkles are so shallow and slight that you have to strain to see them, but the after photos show smoothness with no hint of wrinkles:
http://www.flexeffect.com/Lalabeforeafter.htm

The smoothing out of wrinkles in this close-up cannot be denied, not just at the eye corners but notice the 11's between the eyes are gone in the after photo: http://www.flexeffect.com/PatBA.htm

Again another case where the wrinkles were minimal but were completely eliminated: http://www.flexeffect.com/DeniBA.htm

The lift in Andrea's face has created more open eyes and the sag that was causing hooded eyelids and also contributing to wrinkles on the corners of her eyes is gone: http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter2.htm

Another minimal wrinkling which was smoothed out in 4.5 months: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/dianes-eyes

If you look at the eye to our left in the next photo, the upper eyelid is completely hooded and it seems that sag is causing somewhat deep wrinkles in the crows' feet area. But in the after photo, a lift allows us to see her eyelid and also it seems to have effected a smoothing out of the crease in the corner:
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/andrea

These are the before and after results of a dear friend of mine whose photos are on the SkinBio website. He does face exercises and uses CP's and you can see his crows feet were deep and he had a lot of loose skin but there's been some smoothing out:

Source of that photo with the details: http://www.reverseskinaging.com/pictures.html

This following example is another one in which you really have to strain because her crows' feet are just about non-existent. But I want you to notice how her skin smooths out in the crows' feet area and imagine the same thing happening if she had had creases. Notice how the outer edges of her eyes in the frontal view photos have such a lift so skin isn't folding over itself at the corners as it did in the before photos:

sandooch wrote:
I'm a little late posting my picture updates here and on my blog. No change in the weight department, but I can really see a big difference in my eyes now, so I decided to only do face shots this month. I also started doing the Tanaka massage once daily for 11 days now. I love it and am already seeing a big difference in the look of my eyes and face slimming down, even with no additional weight loss. And my 11s are slowly fading away as well. Yay!

And for a really big comparison, this is what I looked like at the start of my wieghtloss challenge thread at back in July 2011 at 225 pounds (I weigh 195 today). I think I look at least 5 years younger now thanks to Ageless and Tanaka:
And here is a side shot from July. Yikes!:

Before starting Ageless on 12/24/12:
Today 4/29/12:
Close up on eyes before:
And today:
Before side:
ImageAnd today:

Source of post: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=2516

I am in my 40's and do not have crows' feet even when I smile and I really believe it's because of face exercises which I have done since I was 20, because everyone else in my family has them, even my siblings who are years younger than me in their early 30's.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie, thanks for always providing such detailed posts!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for all that info Nonie! Can I ask what kind of exercises you are doing? I'm thinking of trying Carolines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Nonie, thanks for always providing such detailed posts!

It's my pleasure, bethany. Image

Violetlight wrote:
Thank you for all that info Nonie! Can I ask what kind of exercises you are doing? I'm thinking of trying Carolines.

Hi VioletLight, I do Carolyn's Facial Fitness. There is a thread about the program in the DIY forum which can give you more insight into the program and what people's different experiences with it have been: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36501
oliviathomas

Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Botox is a muscle relaxant which is used to treat crow’s feet. It is injected into the orbicularis oculi muscle which is responsible for causing these expression lines. It helps to temporarily avoid the skin wrinkling and can treat crow’s feet for three to four months. Buy Botox Online from Meds4care
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
A combination of laser treatments and nine months of faithfully using the Obagi Nu Derm product line, along with prescription Retin A diminished the lines around my eyes noticeably.

5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2022 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Botox works to smooth out wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle contractions during facial expressions. For crow's feet, this treatment is extremely effective. Botox is best suited for people between the ages of 30 and 50, whose wrinkles are just beginning to appear.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |