Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Omnilux LED Contour Mask or similar mask?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I just picked this up and it arrived last week. I was not expecting to purchase this at all but saw some convincing information on collagen production and skin healing on Youtube and became interested in red light therapy. I was ready to buy another brand of mask but saw that Omnilux came out with theirs recently. They apparently manufacture the ones used by derms and salons. It was on sale also, but expensive enough to be an investment at about $400.

I want to stimulate collagen, especially since I have turned 40, and lost 41 lbs (very slowly), I just want to prevent sagging.

But, I am concerned about the little bit I found that says the heat from the red light masks can potentially worsen melasma or maybe cause it? I have some spots trying to break through/form patches but I am using Differin hydroquinone, acids and retin-a to help lighten. I have used it twice will report back if my spots get darker or larger. I did use cotton pads to cover my face where the spots are trying to break through.
I am also using just the mask on my chest, boobs, and tummy. Might as well!

Anyone use this mask or something similar have any input?

I am also interested in red light for stimulation of hair growth for my husband. I found the hair helmet iRestore online but the professional version is over $1000! There's a sale now so I may pick that up but I am wondering if i can use the Omnilux mask on his head to save money Very Happy

If anyone is interested, the face mask is here https://omniluxled.com/

hair helmet here https://www.irestorelaser.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I really want to get the ominlux mask, but I'm waiting a while until it's in the budget. I use the lightstim. I actually own 3 (got 2 of them inexpensively on ebay). I use them all at the same time. 10 min. on neck, 10 min. on lower part of the face, and 10 min. on both hands (takes some manuvering, but it's durable). I do this while I am watching tv.

I'm sure you can use yours on your hands as well. I would really keep an eye out on the melasma. Discontinue if you see the slightest bit coming out and only use it on other parts of your body. The cotton pads are a great idea, I would keep using that.

As far as using it on your hubby, why not? It may take a strong commitment though. Find the instructions to the led hair caps as a guide.

I've had my led for many years and I really love it. Especially when I am consistant with using it. I feel it gives my skin a nice healthy glow.

Congratulations on losing the weight!! That's fantastic! I'm sure you look great. I have always felt that the forties are when a woman looks the most beautiful. Smile
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Exclamation
Cici_skinhelp

Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey skincareaddicted, I'm looking to see if you have an update on using the Omnilux mask with hydroquinone while having melasma?

I've recently bought the Omnilux mask and I've only used it 5 times so far. Today at my dermatologist they suggested I use Obagi with has 4% hydroquinone. I've read some articles saying don't use light therapy with hydroquinone.

Curious how your experiment has gone.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

I am considering purchasing one of these, so any feedback would be great!
Carolynn10

Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Karenlee, I got my Omnilux six months ago and have been using it every other day. I love it! My skin looks smoother and brighter, and my elevens are definitely reduced.

I use it in the morning, after putting vitamin C serum and a green tea toner on my skin. I like to meditate while I use it, it's very relaxing.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Carolynn10 - thanks for the reply. I have had a Baby Quasar for years. I'm on the fence now about this mask or the Lightstim Elipsa which is more expensive but includes the blue lights.
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Just to follow up...

I ended up buying the Dermlux Flex, but returned it after a couple of weeks when, by pure chance, I happen to notice that a number of the blue and IR bulbs weren't working (taking a photo showed up the IR bulbs). There was also a bulb that was missing entirely.

I have now ordered Platinum Light Therapy panels instead.
Shay1990

Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi folks. Here’s my experience with red light therapy…I purchased the Omnilux for the face and one for the neck and décolletage areas and love both units (they frequently run specials). My complexion tends to be a bit ruddy (rosacea) and using red light therapy helps brighten the complexion and tighten the pores. I don’t have a lot of wrinkles (63) - thank you Mom, but do in a few areas and this mask helps in the wrinkle arena as well. I do wholeheartedly recommend red light therapy and the Omnilux. I have the Quasar MD but from a timing perspective enjoy the “one and done” with the Omnilux mask as opposed to having to move around the Quasar from area to area. Red light therapy may be a bit drying the day of use, but nothing moisturizing won’t fix. Also to note, the red light therapy worked for hair growth for me as well. Research and you will find there are many benefits for this type of therapy. Good luck in your journey!
rejuvenator89

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I just recently bought Koanna led face mask: https://koanna.com/products/led-light-therapy-mask

Reason for buying this particular mask over others: It is shipped within EU so no tax since I live in EU. Also not as pricey as Omnilux and others at 249 dollars.

What is good: Has a mode with both red and infrared light active at the same time, a mode with yellow (more amber than yellow) and a mode with blue light. I bought it for the red + infrared option. Is same design as many other "flexible" masks with one strat pulled behind the head. Leds are powerful enough (not as powerful as omnilux).

What is bad: Leds could be more powerful or include more leds spaced closer together for this price. I previously had a 30 dollar mask from Aliexpress and honestly if you don't want the near-ultrared light together with your red light I would advice to go for those cheap masks. They actually work and I had results with that one. Comparing the amount of light hitting the face seems similar in both masks. However the near-ultrared is the best part imo and also you cannot see that infralight really, so in red light mode this is way more powerful. Leds are visibly way more bright than those aliexpress masks, but aliexpress masks have more leds and spaced closer together. If you want blue light, yellow ligh or any other light (or red alone without infra) then buy the 30 dollar masks, they are perfect for that.

Comparing to the omnilux this is not as powerful again and if you don't live in Europe, I would dish out the extra cash for that one.

Also I really dislike the one strap behind the mask. You cannot get this to sit on the face in a perfect way unless you lie down or you help with your hand. And this is a problem with all the "flexible masks" with only one strap. Some have two straps and I imagine it will be better.

Some say with this flexible mask the leds are closer to the skin and thus more intensity of the light but that is BS. Only parts of the masks are tightly pressed against the skin and others are looser and more far away from the skin (around jawline and forehead typically). I dislike that. But it's fine.

Another drawback of the "flexible" design with one strap against those rigid models is that the weight of the mask starts to pull down on your skin. It becomes like a daily "anti-massage" to pull your skin downward, and you don't want that. Make sure to support the mask with your hand or lie down on your back unless you have a model that sits on your face without this downward pressure. Aliexpress rigid masks again are actually better in this imo, cause they put pressure only on the nose. It is a bit uncomfortable maybe, but wont drag your nose down haha. They wont be pulling down the skin on your temples, cheeks and around the eyes.

I wish all the mask manufacturers designed these things better. They charge ridiculous amounts of money for products that are totally half baked imo. I hope aliexpress starts selling led masks with the infrared option included and possibly even more powerful leds than they currently have and put all these led companies out of business. They are not making enough effort to design a well finessed product. Just fancy looks and some leds. If they designed a strap system that allows us to get the mask to pull up on the skin instead of pushing down on it, it would actually work as a kind of facelift also.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this also has remote that can be both usb powered and usb charged. Aliexpress cheapos need to be constantly plugged in a power socket. So that's another plus, if you remembered to charge this thing then you can be mobile, and if you forgot to charge it and it runs out of battery, just plug it in and continue the session
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |